• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — January 12, 2020

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
January 12, 2020

www.theparacast.com

Eyewitness Gary Voorhis Jr. Discusses the Nimitz "Tic-tac" UFOs on The Paracast

The Paracast
is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ — Five Years and Growing! | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall introduce Gary Voorhis Jr, a firsthand witness to part of the the U.S.S. Nimitz "tic-tac" UFO events during the week of the 14th of November 2004. He was a fire controlman and Aegis Computer/ CEC technician onboard the U.S.S. Princeton. When the unknown returns appeared on radar, Voorhis says he'd run up to the bridge and look through a pair of heavily magnified binoculars in the direction the returns were coming from. He says the objects were too far off to make out any distinguishing features, but he could clearly see something moving erratically in the distance. They'd just be hovering there, then all of a sudden, in an instant, they’d dart off to another direction and stop, behavior typical of a UFO. He also talks about those gun camera videos of these objects, and possible solutions to what was going on. Voorhis is now vice president of the UAP Expedition Group.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

William Puckett's Blog: UFO Reporting Center, Latest UFO Sightings & News.

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on January 12: This week, Special Correspondent William Puckett presents more recent UFO sightings. They include: A report of a long object with a fiery glow from Hobart, IN on August 23, 2019, a circular object seen in Slidell, LA on January 6, 2020, a silvery object spotted following a commercial jet in Hampstead, NC on January 2, 2020, and a star-like object that split-up and rejoined itself in Hanceville, AL on January 6, 2020. In a conversation that began on the January 12, 2020 episode of The Paracast, Gary Voorhis, Jr., a witness to the 2004 Nimitz "tic-tac" UFO, joins Gene and Randall to talk about possible spoofing of UFOs. He also discusses plans of the UAP Expedition Group, of which he is Vice President, to take a voyage to the area of the coast of southern California, where the Nimitz episode occurred. The group is seeking evidence of other paranormal encounters.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

A Tale of Four Stores — Or is it Five?\
By Gene Steinberg

When The Paracast debuted in February of 2006, there was no game plan, other than to take a different — make that serious — approach to discussions about the paranormal. That didn’t mean it should be boring, however.

Simple enough, right? But that didn’t stop one unnamed party from trying to invent a negative spin on the game plan. So in a phone conversation years ago, I said that The Paracast presents some level of entertainment value while still respecting the facts. That, however, was deliberately misinterpreted to mean that it was just about entertainment, facts be damned!

In any case, it wasn’t long before my cohost and I looked into ways to at least cover our time and expenses. We weren’t independently wealthy. So we hired a salesperson who actually did a bang-up job for a while, before essentially burning out.

One of his ideas, simply logical, was to print some custom T-shirts featuring The Paracast logo. So I broke into the piggy bank — so to speak — to pay for a few dozen shirts in mixed sizes.

It’s not that I had any merchandising experience with retail goods, so I just made what I hoped was a good guess as to which qualities to print for each size, up to XXL.

I was somewhat close to the mark, but it was soon clear that more sales would only come from a greater variety of branded merchandise. Since manufacturing and keeping stock was way beyond my pay grade, I looked into alternatives.

One was CafePress, a popular resource for custom T-shirts, jackets, cups and other goods. Although the selection could have been better, I signed up and uploaded our logo.

Even though I continued to plug our new “Official Paracast Store,” sales were slow. I considered our options. After looking over the store more carefully, it was clear to me that it wasn’t terribly impressive, so I searched for other options.

I ended up choosing Printfection, then a CafePress alternative with superior designs and a better storefront.

But it wasn’t long thereafter that the company changed its marketing plan, without letting us know. One day, our storefront vanished.

Under their new marketing scheme, you had to buy quantities of branded merchandise. They’d either ship it directly to our customers (drop-shipping) or just send it to us to process orders.

The selection was decent enough, but ordering products in minimum quantities of 50 or more wasn’t viable. Sure, there were some items that could be ordered in fewer quantities, such as a Vale Wifi Speaker with Amazon Alexa that could be bought for $156.73, each, in quantities of three or more. Obviously offering a decent selection of goods would be costly.

So I returned to CafePress and uploaded the newest versions of our logos.

Sales were infrequent, but at least there was a place to go if you wanted to visit the store.

Last year, a marketing person who promised us the sky, the moon and the stars created a really neat version of a custom shop, using Shopify to manage the storefront and order processing. I was never quite clear about the sources for the merchandise, other than that it was all or mostly made in the USA.

You probably know this already, but after a few months, the storefront vanished. There was no advance notice, except that the marketing person stopped responding to our emails and Facebook messages. Well, except for occasional terse and confusing messages. When I answered, there was no response.

Recently, we received an inquiry about yet another online sales platform, based in Wyoming, known as Nymbl.

Their approach was more in line with CafePress. Nymbl prints your logos on the products and ships them direct to our customers. As with the former, you can set your own prices, based on the actual cost for each item.

Randall and I were impressed with the possibilities, and thus we decided to give it a go. We now call it “The Official Paracast Shop” and I also ordered up a custom domain for the venture: www.theparacast.shop. Feel free to pay us a visit.

Right now there is, or should be, a 15% discount on everything. You just have to use the code ufo upon checkout. It doesn’t matter how often you order, but the sale will continue for four weeks, the maximum time we can set.

But we can easily renew it if we want.

Our store is now fully functional, and you can choose from among four logos for each item. Orders should go through smoothly, and Nymbl promises 7-10 day delivery for U.S. orders and, of course, longer for foreign shipments. They have an 800 support number, or you can contact them via email to get updates on your order.

I’m sure you’ve noticed, though, that there are formatting glitches here and there throughout the store. This is geeky talk, but some of the issues involve custom CSS, which is somewhat difficult to manage, but we are working through it.

If you are skilled at HTML, feel free to suggest improvements and changes, so we can clean up the presentation.

But let me assure you again: These glitches absolutely do not harm the ordering process. When you buy something, the transaction will be processed quickly and smoothly. If you have questions before placing an order, you can contact our supplier directly for the answers you need.

Let me move to another topic.

Over the years, some of our listeners have suggested we offer custom iOS (iPhone), iPadOS (iPad), and Android apps to boost the show and its delivery system. That, of course, requires software development. Even though there are basic templates out there for custom apps of this sort, we’d need a programmer to make things happen.

For now, you can continue to use your Mac, Windows, iOS or Android podcast apps to listen to the show. I gather there are Linux alternatives, too, but I haven’t had any insights into how well they work.

Or you can just download each episode direct from our site.

If you’re a member of The Paracast+, you will be able to use our custom RSS feed to manually set up the show in the apps you want. The only requirement is that the app allows you to enter your forum username and passwords to access the feed. In addition to Apple’s apps, I’ve recently used Downcast for iOS with good results. The default app for Android is Google Podcasts, but I have no experience with it.

Of course, you have to become a subscriber to The Paracast+ to be able to download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the After The Paracast podcast. Please visit: http://www.theparacast.plus for more info.

For the regular (free) show, we’re now available on Spotify. A quick search for The Paracast in the Spotify app will deliver the full roster that include the very first episode from 2006. We’re also available on Stitcher and other podcast services.

As always, if you have a problem with The Paracast Shop, or downloading and listening to show episodes, just write and we’ll do our best to get everything up and running for you.

Copyright 1999-2020 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back