• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — February 26, 2016

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
February 26, 2017
www.theparacast.com

Conspiracy Theory Researcher Jim Marrs Featured on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, and chat rooms when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We’ve just begun to add podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth.” Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free eBook offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

This Week's Episode: Seven years after his first appearance on The Paracast, Gene and Chris present well-known conspiracy theorist Jim Marrs. We’ll cover the standbys, including the Kennedy assassination, the murder of Robert Kennedy, secret space programs, ancient astronauts and even 9/11. He is author of such books as “Crossfire: The Plot that Killed Kennedy,” and “Our Occulted History: Do the Global Elite Conceal Ancient Aliens?” Jim has worked for several Texas newspapers and, since 1980, he has been a freelance writer, author and public relations consultant. He also published a rural weekly newspaper along with a monthly tourism tabloid, a cable television show and several videos.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

Jim Marrs’ Site: Jim Marrs | – A View From Marrs

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on February 26: With guest co-host Goggs Mackay, Gene explains why he’s annoyed about obtrusive ads on sites, particularly those that play audio and video content with your permission, or stick what’s called an “interstitial” in front of you. He also briefly explains why he shut down Jim Marrs’ attempt to enter into the political dialogue on the regular episode of The Paracast. Gene and Goggs also talk briefly about the discovery of seven possible Earth-like planets orbiting a star system 40 light years away. If any of these worlds harbor life, what form might it take? Gene brings up the molten rock creatures, the “horta,” from the original “Star Trek” series as an example of a truly alien being. Goggs talks briefly about the alien creatures featured in “Arrival,” a movie where an Earth linguist attempts to establish communication with ET. Gene also delivers a brief update on his experiences with his wishing machine.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

Gradual Disclosure Revisited
By Gene Steinberg

In the old days in the UFO field, and I refer to the 1950s and 1960s, it was hard to get those in authority to seriously consider the possibility of life in outer space. This was true even outside of the possible UFO connection. That was all the province of flying saucer believers and sci-fi fans. Certainly, there were plenty of movies and TV shows depicting humans traveling through space to explore the universe, or protect the planet, and meeting with various forms of ET.

The 1956 movie, “Forbidden Planet,” a film that certainly influenced “Star Trek,” takes place in the 22nd century, where a crew, dispatched on a special mission, lands on the fourth planet of the star Altair to figure out out what happened to a scientific team that had traveled there 20 years earlier.

“Star Trek” depicts 23rd century humans as highly advanced creatures, at least technologically. While still suffering from some of the same shortcomings that have afflicted humans for thousands of years, such as petty tribal wars, somehow we manage to survive and perfect interstellar travel.

For sure, many people who have followed the UFO enigma are convinced that the flying objects are alien spacecraft. If such beings have traveled here, are they peaceful, do they ultimately plan to conquer this planet, or do they even care?

Now you’d think that if ET had an evil intent, they would have taken us over already. Why wait until humans develop more sophisticated weapons?

In any case, if UFOs are alien visitors, wouldn’t our governments know something about it? Even if they chose to keep the secret from the populace — and there are sensible reasons why that I’ll discuss to a limited degree shortly — couldn’t they still be persuaded to let us in on the secret?

Maybe if we beg, or sign a petition? While hundreds of thousands of people can travel to Washington D.C. to protest the inauguration of a President they do not like, is it at all possible to gather a crowd that large consisting solely of UFO believers?

Probably not. While polls demonstrate a high percentage of the U.S. population accepts the existence of UFOs, with the assumption they are probably extraterrestrial, that belief rarely translates into action. UFO conventions are lucky to attract more than 1,000 people to buy tickets; often it’s limited to a few dozen or a few hundred attendees. Compare that to the San Diego Comic Con, which attracted some 130,000 people at the 2015 edition of an annual event that caters to fans of comic books, movies and TV shows.

So maybe UFOs aren’t entertaining enough, or it may well be that most of the people who believe they are real have other priorities. A few hundred thousand might watch a reality show about UFOs and other offbeat subjects, but that’s just a casual interest that seldom extends beyond the TV set.

At the same time, there’s a growing awareness that we are not alone in the universe. Earth scientists have discovered evidence of water on Mars, the Moon, and even elsewhere in our solar system.

In 1992, radio astronomers confirmed the existence of two exoplanets orbiting a far-off star system. In recent years, thousands of additional planets have been catalogued, and a number of them are said to be “Earth-like,” meaning they might contain water and maybe some form of life. Such worlds would have to be the proper distance from their sun, and have rocky surfaces and an atmospheric composition that would roughly match Earth conditions.

Since they are light years from Earth, it takes years for the images to reach us, which means a planet could literally blow apart and we wouldn’t know about it until long after the tragedy occurred. At such distances, a lot of guesswork is involved to determine possible surface conditions. There is not enough precision in the process to deliver enough data to determine whether life truly exists on one of those worlds.

Now just the other day, NASA announced the discovery of seven contenders for Earth-like status orbiting a dwarf star system located 40 light years from here. As more and more of these exoplanets are discovered, it appears very likely that life may be plentiful throughout the galaxy. If that’s true, by sheer numbers alone, many of them may harbor intelligent civilizations, some of which have perfected some form of space travel.

Well, you know where that takes us. If we know — or have good reason to believe — that intelligent life exists elsewhere, the theory that UFOs are visitors from space gains even more credibility.

Officially, UFOs still don't exist in the sense of being unconventional and unexplained. As a practical matter, if our governments ultimately wanted the populace to know that we are being visited, it may well be that such an announcement wouldn’t be made without years of preconditioning.

It’s not just sci-fi films and TV shows, which treats millions of people to an environment where space travel is commonplace, and visiting other planets is the norm. In fictional settings, encountering alien visitors is a routine part of the action.

But with more and more reports about the potential of life in outer space, is it at all possible that we’ll all awaken one day and realize that it’s an accepted fact that the aliens are here now? Certainly that would be a relatively painless road to disclosure.

Still, the authorities would have to consider the possible implications to Earthly religions, not to mention industries that depend on technology potentially made obsolete by the presence of ET. Would the oil companies, for example, allow the politicians they own lock, stock and barrel with their campaign funds allow such a revelation?

Of course, if ET is here, events are likely out of our control unless, of course, “they” are already in touch with governments and are working at the best ways to reveal their presence. Certainly gradual acceptance of the existence of possible life-bearing worlds across the stars would be a sure way to help the cause.

Or maybe it has nothing at all to do with it. If we do someday learn the truth behind the UFOs, maybe it won’t directly involve the discovery of life in outer space. Perhaps the presence of UFOs merely serves as the means to inspire us to make that search.

Copyright 1999-2017 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

From my point of view, the missing key to a revived interest in UFOs and alien intelligence (I tend to focus on that subcategory of UFOs, but it's a big and weird universe so I leave the door open for other types of UFO experiences) is simply this: a proof of principle experiment that demonstrates the tangible prospect for manned interstellar spaceflight.

The moment some unsung genius creates a gravitational propulsion system on the lab bench which reduces its weight - or even better, outright levitates, the world will awaken to the subject of alien visitation like Rip Van Winkle rising from his long slumber. Because the moment we can do it (in our vast hubris, we assume that nobody out there has abilities that exceed our own), we'll finally concede that others may have already done it to travel here to observe us.

The only remaining reason that people don't take an interest in ufology is that mainstream science is (still, and falsely) telling them that practical manned interstellar spaceflight is forbidden by physical law. And most people either accept that as fact, or assume that if it will be possible one day, then they won't live to see it happen...so they focus their interests solely on the terrestrial and sadly banal sphere of human activity.

That will all radically change the moment we have a public demonstration of a gravitational propulsion device.

Like many of us, I suspect that the military has already devised this technology, but it's a well-kept secret. And they're not going to reveal a technology with that level of defense advantage, at least not until it become commonplace in the public sector. It's not hard to figure out why that is: the global balance of military power hinges upon a rough equivalence of nuclear missile capabilities. The revelation that the US has the technology to deliver a 100-gigaton warhead over Moscow in a matter of seconds would trigger the most perilous crisis in world history. The Soviets (or any other nuclear adversary) would have an ugly choice to make, and quickly: either strike immediately and hope to exploit the element of surprise, or relinquish any illusion of autonomy and adjust to a world where the US could wipe out any nation on Earth before anyone could make it to the nearest phone. I'd certainly never subject the human race to that perilous moment of existential crisis - I don't think that anyone in their right mind ever would.

From my point of view, the missing key to a revived interest in UFOs and alien intelligence (I tend to focus on that subcategory of UFOs, but it's a big and weird universe so I leave the door open for other types of UFO experiences) is simply this: a proof of principle experiment that demonstrates the tangible prospect for manned interstellar spaceflight.

The moment some unsung genius creates a gravitational propulsion system on the lab bench which reduces its weight - or even better, outright levitates, the world will awaken to the subject of alien visitation like Rip Van Winkle rising from his long slumber. Because the moment we can do it (in our vast hubris, we assume that nobody out there has abilities that exceed our own), we'll finally concede that others may have already done it to travel here to observe us.

The only remaining reason that people don't take an interest in ufology is that mainstream science is (still, and falsely) telling them that practical manned interstellar spaceflight is forbidden by physical law. And most people either accept that as fact, or assume that if it will be possible one day, then they won't live to see it happen...so they focus their interests solely on the terrestrial and sadly banal sphere of human activity.

That will all radically change the moment we have a public demonstration of a gravitational propulsion device.

Like many of us, I suspect that the military has already devised this technology, but it's a well-kept secret. And they're not going to reveal a technology with that level of defense advantage, at least not until it become commonplace in the public sector. It's not hard to figure out why that is: the global balance of military power hinges upon a rough equivalence of nuclear missile capabilities. The revelation that the US has the technology to deliver a 100-gigaton warhead over Moscow in a matter of seconds would trigger the most perilous crisis in world history. The Soviets (or any other nuclear adversary) would have an ugly choice to make, and quickly: either strike immediately and hope to exploit the element of surprise, or relinquish any illusion of autonomy and adjust to a world where the US could wipe out any nation on Earth before anyone could make it to the nearest phone. I'd certainly never subject the human race to that perilous moment of existential crisis - I don't think that anyone in their right mind ever would.
I see one problem with your thesis. Governments don't like to share information with the populace. Knowledge is Power, as the saying goes and people in power don't tend to pass around scientific information.

On a side note, who is to say we aren't at least doing off-planet travel already? (See Gary McKinnon) You have to believe someone is working on going faster and further than combustible fuel will take us. That sort of research will not be shared with just anyone.

My guess is, more than a few countries on Earth are capable of off-planet travel already and they aren't sharing.

So when do you expect to see that public demonstration?
Well, predicting a breakthrough is messy business - best to leave that sort of thing to the prophets ; But like I mentioned the other day in the Robert Schroeder thread, NASA's Eagleworks team is testing an interesting little warp field device. I have deep reservations about the higher-dimensional physics underpinning that experiment, but if Dr. White is correct (and aside from the higher dimensional physics aspect, his canonical reformulation of general relativity to engineer his test rig is wonderful work) then they *could* announce an interesting discovery literally any day now. I wouldn't go out and buy a flight suit just yet - but it is nice to know that there's a non-zero potential for a breakthrough at any moment.

I see one problem with your thesis. Governments don't like to share information with the populace. Knowledge is Power, as the saying goes and people in power don't tend to pass around scientific information.
My apologies - I neglected to add the obligatory "in the public sector" disclaimer to my statement - sometimes I lose track of context switching between discussion threads. You're absolutely correct: the government doesn't share anything useful. Everything from energy research to CPU advancements to propulsion research and other entire categories of invention within defense programs are withheld from the public, and I know of no way to ever get those classified advancements out to the world.

Any breakthrough will have to happen in the public sector for it to have any impact on the world at large.

On a side note, who is to say we aren't at least doing off-planet travel already? (See Gary McKinnon) You have to believe someone is working on going faster and further than combustible fuel will take us. That sort of research will not be shared with just anyone.

My guess is, more than a few countries on Earth are capable of off-planet travel already and they aren't sharing.

I think the anecdotal evidence is rather compelling that the US military has working field propulsion devices, and that they're flying craft which utilize them. And we can't rule out the possibility that they've cracked the gravitational field propulsion nut - as a rule, everything seems impossible until it isn't.

And people who think that the major US military defense contractors couldn't hide a fleet of interplanetary spacecraft in some underground hangar, simply have no appreciation of just how shit-your-pants terrifying the defense security apparatus of this country actually is. Have a look at this brief 1998 interview with legendary aeronautical engineer Bob Widmer in Nick Cook's "Billion Dollar Secret" - notice how he keeps glancing over his shoulder at the "minder" in the room at Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works facility, because he's clearly afraid to even talk about the security of black budget programs (relevant clip from 54:35 to 56:20)

Now I'm reluctant to tell you the other thing I wanted to mention, lol. In 2004, through a bizarre twist of fate and an unexpected turn in a conversation, I was handed a copy of a research paper and only allowed to skim it for a few moments because I wasn't allowed to make a copy. It described a secret project exploring an area of physics that I'd never heard of before called stochastic electrodynamics, and there were photos of a pair of odd egg-shaped devices (about 5ft and 7ft long) in a large lab or hangar with scientists standing around them. With the metal covering removed you could see an elaborate system of circuits and what looked like aluminum pipes woven inside. The paper claimed that these two devices, which they had humorously nicknamed "Fat Boy" and "Little Man" after the first atomic bombs of the Manhattan project, exploited the underlying nature of the gravitational field and could levitate mid-air by using this new field propulsion concept. It still tortures me to this day that I didn't have more time to really study this paper. Perhaps it was disinformation; I dunno. But I doubt it, for a couple of reasons; I've looked for a copy of it online and anything related to what I saw, and I've never seen anything about it - there's no point in manufacturing disinformation if you're not going disseminate it. And ever since then, I've been following the work on stochastic electrodynamics aka SED (which is very interesting stuff), and a few years ago a prominent SED theorist named Trevor Marshall predicted a new phenomenon called spontaneous parametric up-conversion. The first attempt to detect the effect failed, so I figured that was the end of it. But a couple of years later two more teams tried the experiment and discovered the effect that Marshall had predicted. Needless to say, I now take the theory very seriously. If it's correct, the implications for propulsion and for energy could change everything.

Last edited:
Back