• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — February 13, 2022

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
February 13, 2022

www.theparacast.com

UFO Researcher Paul Blake Smith Reveals an Alleged UFO Crash in Missouri in 1941, and the Possible Encounters of Presidents Eisenhower and Nixon with Extraterrestrials on The Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE ULTIMATE PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! Use the coupon code ufo20 to receive a 20% discount on five-year or lifetime subscriptions. And PayPal now accepts cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, in payment, so act now! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: https://www.theparacast.plus

This Week's Episode: Gene and special guest cohost Tim Swartz present Paul Blake Smith, author of “President Eisenhower's Close Encounters." This is a controversial one listeners, but the main focus of the book is President Dwight Eisenhower's alleged February 1954 meeting with extraterrestrials, initially kept secret from the public. When and how did that story first break? He previously authored “MO41, The Bombshell Before Roswell” and “3 Presidents, 2 Accidents: More MO41 UFO Crash Data. These were the first two books ever published about a possible April 1941 UFO event outside his hometown of Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Paul was a four-year Mass Communications Major with an English Minor at Southeast Missouri University in the 1980s and is a fan of history, sports, and the paranormal.

After The Paracast — Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on February 13: UFO researcher Paul Blake Smith returns to discuss, with Gene and guest cohost Tim Swartz, his theories about the interactions of U.S. Presidents with the UFO mystery. This episode focuses on an alleged meeting between President Nixon and entertainer Jackie Gleason in which they allegedly saw the bodies of dead aliens. You'll also hear about Nixon's efforts to spy on John Lennon, a witness to a UFO, and force the ex-Beatle out of the country. The discussion covers the interest of other rock stars in UFOs, including David Bowie, Tommy James and Reg Presley (Troggs); the latter wrote a UFO/crop circle book, "Wild Things They Don't Tell Us." A fan of history, sports, and the paranormal, Paul spends his days polishing his very latest nonfiction books on the strange and the unknown.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: https://www.theparacast.com/forum/. Visit our new online shop for great branded merchandise at: https://www.theparacast.shop/, and check out our new YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheOfficialParacastChannel

If UFOs Are Extraterrestrial, What Are They Up Do?
By Gene Steinberg

I’m sure I don’t have to take a poll about your views on the source of UFOs. Most of you no doubt favor the extraterrestrial solution, that we are being visited be representatives from an advanced civilization from another planet that’s no doubt orbiting another star system.

But as regular listeners to The Paracast and readers of my commentaries over the years realize, I’m not necessarily a fan of that explanation. Sure, the concept has a romantic tinge to it, and as someone who has read sci-fi for years — and written some — I can tell you that I would be quite pleased if that was the answer.

And of course there’s the multiverse, since it would also involve visitors coming here from far far away, to to speak.

Time travel has its own issues, the least of which is the potential impact if our visitors do something that changes things in the past in a significant way. Or at least that’s how it’s generally depicted in the movies and on TV.

And the theory of a collective unconscious seems to whittle away when a UFO causes physical effects or leaves behind possible trace evidence. How does one account for a collective dream that also has a physical reality?

So if it’s really all about ET, why are they here? Well, in the Steven Spielberg movie, “Close Encounters of the Third Kind,” they took some Earthlings with them to give them a taste of their civilization, perhaps, or as part of a cultural exchange program.

Over the years, people who have alleged contact with aliens almost universally regard them as benevolent beings, who are here to help us rather than to harm us. More than likely, there was no contact. ET is merely a gimmick they use to spread words of peace and brotherhood, making it seem more credible since a higher intelligence is responsible, not some unknown person somewhere.

But that belief falls apart when you start to examine the abduction scenario, in which innocent people are unceremoniously kidnapped and sometimes subjected to painful physical examinations.

True, some abductees seem inclined to accept their situation, even welcome it. But sort of invasive behavior described hardly makes much sense, other than the possibility that ET really doesn’t care. We have ways to examine people without causing trauma, physical or psychological. A subject can be gently sedated, so they will not suffer and, perhaps, will have no memory of the encounter.

Some argue that ET is here to create a hybrid human/alien race, because some abductions appear to point in that direction. While I’m not inclined to jump into rabbit holes, I suppose there are both benevolent or evil reasons. So perhaps ET’s genetic pool needs to be refreshed for some reason, and mating with humans, or just borrowing our DNA for their birthing vats, makes sense.

But it’s also a clever way to mount a silent invasion, so to speak, assuming the hybrids can fully pass for human. That would mean their blood types would survive routine tests, although DNA might be another question. But it’s not that people just get DNA tests except when dealing with one of those family history firms, or for law enforcement purposes.

Then again, an advanced civilization might be able to fiddle with their DNA of their hybrids so there’d be no indication of the presence of alien genes. Or they are generally so close to us, they can pass inspection without trouble.

The conspiracy theory is this: Over the decades, hybrids will become an active part of society. Some will take employment in a government office or win elections. Soon they will be in control, and humans won’t be the wiser. Well, unless ET announces itself, or does something to change things in a significant way.

But if ET really doesn’t really want to interfere with our affairs, it would mean that contacts, including abductions, have nothing to do with their presence. Or maybe several races are engaged in advancing their own agendas, although they apparently do not get in each other’s way.

If ET is benevolent, or indifferent, that might be for the best. But direct contact with a more advanced country hasn’t helped the less developed countries on Earth, and it’s hard to believe that regular interactions with our visitors would fare any better.

Even if it wasn’t deliberate, things would change over the years, assuming some sort of cultural and/or technological exchange.

We are only left to speculate, and I could go on.

In terms of indifference, it could be that ET doesn’t care what they do or how we react. To them, we are little more than warlike primitives that are best ignored or tolerated. It’s not that we worry so much when we visit a zoo. The residents are just there for the entertainment value.

In the “Star Trek” universe, there is a prime directive of noninterference, but Captain Kirk and his successors always seem to find ways to violate that edict. Consider the early scenes of the 2013 film , “Star Trek Into Darkness,” a clumsy remake of “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.” The captain is doing his thing on a primitive planet, and allows the residents to see the Enterprise as it flies off. Back home, his superiors remove him from his rank temporarily until the next crisis.

Of course, being alien visitors, it may mean that we cannot hope to understand their motives, their ethics. We can only guess.

Then there is the matter of communication. It’s common with contactees to speak with ET in English (or the native language of their country), or receive communications via mental telepathy. Perhaps ET assumes control of a psychic and talks with us, although I’m especially skeptical of such claims since they simply lack credible evidence.

In the clever 2016 film, “Arrival,” a linguist is brought in to talk with aliens. In the end, and here’s the spoiler, their communication scheme involves time. But in the normal course of events, I’d think an advanced civilization would do its homework before trying to talk to humans, and do so in a way that we can understand. Otherwise why make the effort? Why force us to do the heavy lifting if they are so far ahead of us?

I’d like to think that, if we are being visited by the space people, they’d mostly stay out of our way and not harm us. Or if they decide to get involved, it’s not going to cause a negative impact. On the other hand, they may have a different definition of benevolent.

As far as I’m concerned, I’d prefer they leave us the hell alone. We do quite well as it is in messing things up. We don’t need their help.

Copyright 1999-2022 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Gene and special guest cohost Tim Swartz present Paul Blake Smith, author of “President Eisenhower's Close Encounters." This is a controversial one listeners, but the main focus of the book is President Dwight Eisenhower's alleged February 1954 meeting with extraterrestrials,

Just disinfo IMO.

When and how did that storMore MO41 UFO Crash Data. These were the first two books ever published about a possible April 1941 UFO event outside his hometown of Cape Girardeau, Missouri.

One of many phony reports probably intended to divert attention from Roswell and cast doubt on crash-retrieval cases generally.

Well, in the Steven Spielberg movie, “Close Encounters of the Third Kind,” they took some Earthlings with them to give them a taste of their civilization, perhaps, or as part of a cultural exchange program.

Lol, no, that's just part of acclimation.

Over the years, people who have alleged contact with aliens almost universally regard them as benevolent beings, who are here to help us rather than to harm us. More than likely, there was no contact. ET is merely a gimmick they use to spread words of peace and brotherhood, making it seem more credible since a higher intelligence is responsible, not some unknown person somewhere.

But that belief falls apart when you start to examine the abduction scenario, in which innocent people are unceremoniously kidnapped and sometimes subjected to painful physical examinations.

Add to that mutilation cases, and the fates of some airmen. Etc. In fact, Adamski's real purpose was to ruin the idea of benevolent ETs.

We have ways to examine people without causing trauma, physical or psychological. A subject can be gently sedated, so they will not suffer and, perhaps, will have no memory of the encounter.

Right.

Some argue that ET is here to create a hybrid human/alien race, because some abductions appear to point in that direction. While I’m not inclined to jump into rabbit holes, I suppose there are both benevolent or evil reasons. So perhaps ET’s genetic pool needs to be refreshed for some reason, and mating with humans, or just borrowing our DNA for their birthing vats, makes sense.

Sounds absurd to me. Any race capable of coming here from far off can solve its own problems without our DNA. Like appearances, abductions are just part of acclimation.

Of course, being alien visitors, it may mean that we cannot hope to understand their motives, their ethics. We can only guess
IMO their motives are comprehensible just like the ancients, while ignorant of our technology, would understand diplomacy, statecraft etc.

Back