• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — December 25, 2016

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
December 25, 2016
www.theparacast.com

The Paracast Explores Indian Legends and the White Buffalo with Intuitive Cynthia Hart-Button

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, and chat rooms when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We’ve just begun to add podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth.” Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free eBook offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

This Week's Episode: For a change of pace, Gene and Chris present Cynthia Hart-Button, who has been a spiritual, business, and personal consultant for over 40 years. She is founder and president of the Sacred World Peace Church and Alliance, and the White Bison Association. Cynthia and her husband Charles are the caretakers of the herd of white bison in Ukiah, CA. She has been recognized for her intuitive knowing and psychic abilities. Through her seminars, workshops, lectures, and private personal and business consultations, she shares he knowledge of metaphysical truths and spiritual insights. She will be asked towards the end of the episode to apply her expertise in analyzing a certain radio talk show host by the name of Gene Steinberg.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

Cynthia Hart-Button’s Site: Home

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on December 25: [PG-13]: So Gene and Chris comment briefly on the psychic reading the former received from Cynthia Hart-Button. So is it true that her vague predictions for Gene’s future sometimes spoke more about his past? Chris responds that he is acquainted with real psychics, so the pair talk about a future episode of The Paracast where listeners will have a chance to call in and receive readings. Reviewing 2016 in the “toxic” UFO field, Chris predicts there will be no disclosure president, now or in the future. The discussion moves to the apparent lack of progress in proposed UFO detection systems, including the cube-sat plan for a low-orbit system, and UFODATA. Chris also has some unkind words for UFO writer Leslie Kean, because she refuses to acknowledge the work of some of the researchers he respects.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

A Psychic Reading that Made a Difference?
By Gene Steinberg

I’ve never been the sort of person who visits fortune tellers, or consults psychics online or elsewhere. But I’ve had occasional chances to talk to people who claim to have great insights into people, and I’ve come away with mixed impressions of the process.

Or maybe I’m just talking to the wrong people.

But I have reason to be skeptical. On the few occasions where a supposed psychic attempted to give me a reading, the information I received was usually not specific enough to make any decisions about its accuracy.

So far as I was concerned, these were just “cold readings.” Such techniques are used not just by psychics, but con artists, sales people, anyone who hopes to influence someone to believe something or do something. With the typical psychic, they try their best to size up a person and, based on their responses to general queries, attempt to come up with something more specific about them.

After that, it’s a matter of the subject filling in the blanks to assume the psychic has offered them some great insights.

For the most part, it’s just having a little fun and nothing more. But the less honest practitioners are known to that information as part of a scheme to take your hard earned money. But most psychics appear to sustain themselves on little more than the fees they receive to do readings.

But I’m a poor subject, because I will often remain silent as I allow the reading to continue uninterrupted. Or my responses will be so general, it isn’t possible to make a credible guess. Obviously if they had genuine intuition or some sort of paranormal ability, I think they’d be capable of filling in the blanks by themselves and offer me insights about things about which I was totally unaware. Or even foretell my future.

But I do recall one encounter with a pagan woman, an old friend, who gave me pause, a brief but startlingly accurate picture of my future prospects at a time of great difficulty.

Let me tell how it all came about.

Shortly after my first marriage to Geneva Hagen ended, I was struggling with a business partner to keep our little venture afloat. It was 1976, and our pitch for the American dream, Project 3, was located in a well-trafficked business center in Exton, Pennsylvania. It was a graphic design and typesetting studio that was established to provide these services to local businesses.

Unfortunately, we made a critical mistake in setting it up.

Starting a business takes courage. We should have been more daring in applying for a working capital loan from a local bank. Had we been more adventurous, and looked to the stars instead of the moon, it’s very likely my life would have turned out differently.

So there I was, seeking an exit path to get out from under that money-losing situation and find new opportunities. In short, I wanted a new life. I wanted to start over.

But it wasn’t just a matter of walking away and leaving my partner to fend for himself. We worked hard to build the business, but we weren’t equipped for the sort of clients who could help our little venture prosper.

It wasn’t a happy time, but I was young enough to consider all sorts of options. I wasn’t stuck in a city with a family to support, children to put through school. I was alone and ready to move on.

Even while I struggled to make a go of that business, I was already working on a solution to my problem, but it took a little outside help to show me the way.

Now I learned typesetting skills as a necessity. I wanted to give Caveat Emptor, the paranormal magazine I had co-published with Geneva, the veneer of a professional magazine. An executive with a local school system had the equipment I needed, and I faked my way in to gain access, with the promise I would cover the cost of materials. He accepted and — later on — began to give me some paid private projects.

One of our clients at Project 3 was Harry Belil, publisher of Beyond Reality, a newsstand paranormal magazine. I didn’t actually receive much cash for the effort, but I sometimes had a warm meal and a place to stay during my visits to the New York area.

Well, it finally reached the point where I had to make a move. Not actually anticipating a solution to the problem, on one evening I paid a visit to the pagan woman, who lived in the Philadelphia area. She had the knack to lend a sympathetic ear on the appropriate occasion, so I spelled out my dilemma. I had already discussed selling my share of the business with my partner, and so I was deciding whether to just stick with it and attempt to work things out, or move back to New York City and start over.

Using her special set of Tarot cards, my friend decided to give me a reading, to determine the direction in which the cards appeared to point. In response to the paramount issue, she said my future showed me moving and “plying my trade.”

The moment the session was over, I felt a wave of drowsiness and promptly fell asleep on her couch for a couple of hours. From her expression when I awoke, I gathered she believed she was somehow harnessing a little of my life energy to derive the information she needed to perform that reading.

It wasn’t much in the way of specifics, except that typesetting is a highly skilled trade — or was — and working in that business would be a decent way to resolve my money woes. The pay was good, especially in the New York area. But in case you’re wondering, I didn’t specifically explain to my friend the sort of work I’d be seeking.

A few months later, I knew I had made the correct decision. To save on living costs, I had moved to New Jersey, a short bus ride from midtown Manhattan. In fact, I lived just a few blocks from Jim Moseley’s place. It was nice to have a familiar face nearby.

After checking the want ads in the local paper, I found a job at a nearby typesetting plant. The pay was far more than I earned in Pennsylvania, even in my days as the news director of a radio station. They say typesetters are sometimes gypsies, regularly moving from one gig to another. In my case, it was the search for the highest pay, which eventually led me to an area in midtown Manhattan near the Empire State Building.

For a number of years thereafter — until the typesetting business was destroyed by the arrival of the Apple Macintosh personal computer and desktop publishing — I earned a pretty decent salary. As my friend predicted, I was plying my trade.

While her advice was certainly general in nature, it was to the point and led me to a decision that delivered a positive result. I have had a few readings since then, but the results were nowhere as significant.

I don’t regard her as a psychic either, just someone acquainted with pagan rituals and able to figure out the way things are. But when it comes to finding a psychic with proven intuitive powers, well I’m still looking.

Copyright 1999-2016 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back