• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — December 22, 2013

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
December 22, 2013

Veteran UFO Author Timothy Good Returns to The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Please Remember The Paracast for the Holidays: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). It’s easy to send a donation. We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present long-time UFO authority and book author Timothy Good, who expresses his "meta" viewpoint on the extent and scope of the UFO mystery. Good also recounts experiences he's had over the years that may involve meetings with extraterrestrials, along with some of the curious and perhaps frightening results of his decades of intriguing research featured in his many best-selling books. One subject he'll focus on is the possibility that some UFOs are piloted by hostile alien beings who have long-range plans to take over our planet.

Chris O'Brien's Site: http://www.ourstrangeplanet.com

Timothy Good’s Site: Timothy Good - UFO Authority

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

Sponsored Message: Don’t get ripped off when you need to liquidate your precious jewelry and silverware. Call Steve at Numis Gems at (480) 878-7678 and get the straight scoop!

There Are Sources and There Are Sources
By Gene Steinberg

During my time as a broadcast journalist, I often ran across sources who agreed to tell me something, but they didn’t want to be credited. This is part and parcel of the reporter’s commitment, and there are even shield laws in some places that allow those sources to remain secret. At the same time, reporters have even gone to jail to protect their sources.

Over the years, the closest I came to any court proceedings involved a story I ran about someone charged with a crime. At the time I was the news director of WCOJ-AM, a suburban Philadelphia station.

Now I don’t recall the suspect’s name, or the alleged offense, since it wasn’t altogether serious as crimes go. Nobody was seriously hurt, there were no deaths, and large amounts of money were not taken.

But the defendant’s attorney wanted copies of all the news stories published or broadcast about the episode. And so one day I found myself testifying under oath at a court hearing. In passing, the judge was the sort of person who’d tell really funny jokes when he was just being a regular guy without the robes on, but as soon as he was dressed for work, his demeanor became stern, rigid.

Now I can’t say my testimony was every informative. The station received a subpoena to provide the notes and actual stories we ran about the incident. All I had was a yellow sheet of paper, onto which a couple of short paragraphs were typed. You see, as with most reports of this sort, I simply summarized the information contained on the police blotter that was conveyed verbally to me by a local police officer who handled public information. That’s all I knew; it wasn’t the sort of story that required a followup, except, perhaps, when a court verdict or plea bargain was reached, and thus the questioning was brief.

So I talked to news sources on a regular basis in my travels. Sometimes it was just friendly chit-chat, and sometimes they gave me clues about an interesting story. By respecting their confidences, the requests not to quote them directly, I was able to get a lot of background information that helped me to do my job better.

But I never ran into anyone as important as a certain former FBI Associate Director, one William Mark Felt, Sr., who became famous as the inside source who help blow the whistle on the Watergate affair that brought down President Nixon. Felt, of course, was identified as “Deep Throat.”

Now in the UFO field, some well-known investigators have relied on confidential sources to provide information. Major Donald Keyhoe, who was an aviation writer when he got involved in the UFO scene, had loads of contacts in the military who fed him information about sightings and government attitudes towards alleged secrecy.

I assume Major Keyhoe was honest in what he did, even if I didn’t always agree with his conclusions. But his penchant to write his flying saucer books in a mystery novel format complete with extensive recreated passages of dialog made me wonder if he wasn’t embellishing details from time to time. On the other hand, I will accept his confidential sources as genuine.

Over the years, other investigators have claimed to be in contact with sources who had various levels of knowledge and authority. Supposedly some had high-level security clearances, which is why their names were never disclosed. So Richard Dolan, author of two volumes in the “UFO and the National Security State” series and other books, claimed to have received important information from his confidential sources. But unless those sources come forward and reveal who they are, we are taking him at his word. And, again, I have no reason to disbelieve him.

As you will hear from this weekend’s guest, UFO author and musician Timothy Good, he has also relied on unidentified sources for a portion of the information that appears in his books. Some of that information is nothing if not controversial, such as the claim that alleged UFO grays are engaged in genetic engineering in an effort to create a hybrid race that’s part human and part, I guess, gray. It’s all in keeping with a 100-year plan that was hatched in the 1940s, which means that we are still some 30 years away from an alien takeover.

Of course, I expect most of you will be inclined to disbelieve the sources, or suggest that Good is making it all up, or perhaps he is just a little too gullible about some matters. But I wouldn’t dismiss the possibility that he was simply being mislead by people who had ulterior motives of one sort or another.

This is the sort of issue that makes an interview difficult. Even if you don’t buy a claim, you can’t just say someone is lying. The best you can do is flesh out the story as much as possible, and see if the truth or falsity is revealed in some of the details. More often than not in this field, you can simply take it or leave it. Without any real evidence, one claim is as good as another I suppose, though some are clearly more credible.

But this story about creating a hybrid race aren’t exclusive to Good. UFO abduction researcher Dr. David Jacobs has made a similar claim, insisting that millions of Earthlings have been abducted by ET. In passing, I wonder why it would require so many genetic samples. Wouldn’t just a few be sufficient to gather enough data to see whether this hybridization process had the potential for success? After all, isn’t ET more advanced than we are? The practice of wholesale abductions, if true, seems an awful waste of time and resources, but that’s loading assumptions upon assumptions.

Now while I met loads of people through the years since becoming active in UFO research, I can’t say any of my sources have ever hinted at evidence that would blow the whole thing wide open. Or maybe I did encounter such people, but I just didn’t pay attention.

Copyright 1999-2013 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back