• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — August 9, 2015

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
August 9, 2015
www.theparacast.com

Cutting-Edge Speculation on the Paranormal Featured on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Announcing The Paracast+: We have another radio show, and for a low monthly or annual subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast without, the network ads, and chat rooms. NEW! We’ve added an RSS feed for fast updates of the latest episodes, and The Paracast+ video channel is coming soon. For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at http://store.theparacast.com/ to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: If it’s paranormal, no doubt Micah Hanks is covering it on his various blogs and his radio show, The Gralien Report. So you’ll hear about his fundamental philosophy not just on UFOs, but about all facts of research into the world of the unknown. With all the troubling reports about the state of UFO research in recent months, we felt we needed a reality check, and Micah provides it. According to his bio: Micah Hanks is a writer, researcher, podcaster, lecturer and radio personality whose work addresses a variety of areas, including history, politics, scientific theories and unexplained phenomena. Open minded, but skeptical in his approach, his research has examined a broad variety of subjects over the years, incorporating interest in scientific anomalies, cultural studies, psychology, sci-fi and pop culture, government secrecy, and the prospects of our technological future as a species as influenced by science. He has also written several books.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

The Gralien Report: The Gralien Report - The Future Is Now

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on August 9: In which Gene and Chris are joined by cutting-edge researcher Micah Hanks, of The Gralien Report, to continue the discussions begun on the August 9 episode of The Paracast. In this segment, Micah begins initially focuses the discussion on his 2013 book, Ghost Rockets. He covers the well-known events during World War II, but also cases of possible ghost rockets that have occurred through the present day. Is it possible those early cases were, in part, due to the efforts of U.S. government agents to spook the Russians, or was there a paranormal aspect to these events? We also discuss the limits of human perception, and how it impacts an eyewitness description of a UFO-related event. This wide-ranging segment also moves into the area of UFO abductions, and some of the anomalous descriptions of possible aliens. The discussion concludes with the possible causes behind so-called alien implants.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

Don’t Tell Me – Show Me!
By Gene Steinberg

The conversations in The Paracast Community Forums can get mighty hot and heavy. We have some strong-minded members who aren’t afraid to mix it up with people with whom they disagree. There’s also the unfortunate fact that, in the online world, people exploiting the protection afforded by their keyboards and personal computers – or mobile devices – and not to mention their anonymity, often become far bolder in responding to messages.

Now despite what you may have heard from a few of our detractors, we give our members loads of freedom to interact with their fellow members. Unlike some other forums, we aren’t quite as restrictive when emotions flare, or when the language gets a little more explicit than is allowed on terrestrial radio. But there are limits, and if someone’s behavior gets out of hand, we are going to react accordingly.

So we can send a member a warning, or if their behavior strays too far beyond the limits, we will ban the member for a month or two. For really blatant offenders, the “vacation” will be a permanent one.

With so many messages, however, and we’re talking about tens of thousands of words each day, we rely on our volunteer forum moderators and members to point out the ones that go over the line. There’s a Report link below every single message that takes you to a place where you can explain what’s upsetting you about the message. We take it from there.

Now when emotions are high, it’s not unusual for people who disagree with someone to be quite disagreeable. A very recent example is a forum topic area, or thread, in which the work of UFO researcher/amateur paleontologist Ray Stanford is being hotly debated.

Most of you have heard Ray on The Paracast. He and his twin brother, Rex, have a complicated history in the UFO field, having been connected with the early contactee movement. In 1958, the then-youthful duo wrote a small book, “Look Up,” which recounted close encounters with flying saucers and meetings with extraterrestrials that were later referred to as “The Watchers.”

Ray managed to live down this youthful indiscretion, particularly with his 1976 book, “Socorro ‘Saucer’ in a Pentagon Pantry. This work is regarded as the definitive book about the incredible 1964 landing of an egg-shaped UFO in Socorro, New Mexico.

To this day, Ray continues to investigate the Socorro case, and more information has come to light over the years. He has also successfully fought back claims from a certain UFO blogger that the landing episode was actually a prank staged by a group of college students. Ray can explain chapter and verse why this just cannot be so.

Stanford is also a highly-respected amateur paleontologist who has successfully located scores of buried dinosaur fossils, mostly in Maryland. In 2012, his work was profiled in a highly favorable fashion in the Washington Post, which only mentioned his UFO-related pursuits in passing. You can find the article here (it may require an online subscription to read): Tireless tracker rewrote the book on dinosaurs in Maryland

But it’s his ongoing UFO-related work that continues to spark speculation about what Ray Stanford is up to. He is even investigating the possible propulsion systems of the mysterious aircraft, but little of his work is available for public consumption, at least so far. The few who have seen portions of his research, including our own Chris O’Brien, are mighty impressed. But while he continues to labor over his material, Ray is not yet ready to reveal what he has discovered.

Give it time, he says. In recent months he has begun to present more of his information, and a web site devoted to his research is under construction.

Unfortunately, vapor is a common scenario in the UFO field. People claim to have discovered evidence of something significant, something potentially earthshaking, but it never seems to happen. Or the revelations, when published, don’t seem quite as compelling.

So it’s understandable that Ray has his detractors. Some people are unwilling to give him any more time to produce something of value. In the course of that heated debate in our forums, his motives and honesty have been questioned. A few of our forum members have gone over the line, and Chris is examining the messages and doing what’s necessary to tone it down.

That said, I’d prefer to see Ray reveal what he knows and let the world judge its value. But if he continues to be subjected to emotional and inflammatory attacks, it’s fair to say that he might prefer not to subject himself to any further abuse. In other words, the demands may work against the potential for success.

But at least Ray is still around to present his evidence. The same cannot be said for another Ray – Ray Palmer.

No, I’m not referring to the super hero portrayed by actor Brandon Routh in the TV series “Arrow,” and the forthcoming “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

Instead, I’m referring to the controversial UFO/psychic/sci-fi author and editor who brought us the Shaver Mystery in the 1940s, and was a key promoter and publisher of flying saucer material over the years. He was also a co-founder of Fate magazine.

In fact, the original comic book character that the TV super hero is based on was, in fact, originally named after the real Ray Palmer.

Now through the years, Ray claimed to be in possession of a “fact,” a tidbit of information that he claimed to have used as a basis by which to judge reports about UFOs. By applying this “fact,” he would be able to determine whether the sighting or theory was real or fake.

His loyal readers pounced upon him, demanding that they, too, be let in on the secret. It wasn’t quite the same as an online flame war, but their letters got pretty intense at times.

However, Palmer refused to reveal his fact except for dropping some vague hints. His logic was simple: If he revealed the “fact,” its value as a research tool would be ended, since people could now fake UFO encounters using his information to make them seem more credible.

In his final years, Palmer claimed that it wasn’t just one “fact,” but a number of “facts” that he used as tools with which to evaluate UFO cases. Some suggested, perhaps with a degree of justification, that he was making it all up to fuel reader discussions at a time when magazine subscriptions were declining.

Unfortunately, Palmer died in 1977 without ever revealing much or any of his secret.

Today, Ray Stanford is about a decade older than Ray Palmer when the latter died after a series of strokes. While nobody knows how long Stanford will be around – I hope it’ll be many years – I do hope he’ll come clean soon, or at least that he’ll make arrangements to publish his evidence in case he isn’t around to see it through.

Will it be worth the wait? Chris O’Brien is nobody’s fool. That he is so impressed with his friend’s work ought to be sufficient to expect – or hope – for something amazing.

Copyright 1999-2015 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

if i can butt in here,as far as Ray's work i've noticed that Ray hasn't really weighed in here in defending himself. this may be because he is too busy and/or maybe he's not too concerned about what any of us feels. pro or con ( i admire that if that is the case) so perhaps on that note while i do acknowledge both Ben's and Chris's loyalty towards Ray maybe it's not such a bad thing if people who are emotionally invested in the whole thing to let them vent without venting back ..as long as it doesn't get too slimey...and let Mr. Stanford have his say when and if he feels the need to.

I doubt Ray gives a shit about what people say about him. I am interested in seeing what he has and while I'm impatient like everyone else, I have no reason to doubt his sincerity.

Excellent newsletter and Ray seems to be a rich asset to the field of paranormal investigation and makes you wonder why some states name their satellites UFO tongue and cheek humour?

The Atom, eh? I had to look that up. I feel like some stange Secret Wars planeshift whenever I hear a D.C. Reference..it's like a distant recollection of some Secret War :rolleyes:
I was a BIG Marvel fan from like 1980 when I was four years old until around 1997 when stuff. I have a basic D.C. knowledge, but..
My favorite D.C. title BY FAR was Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew! Anyone?

Back