• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — August 30, 2015

That's not a bad idea. Sometimes a fresh perspective can provide new insights, but it also has the downside that what you'll probably end up doing is reinventing the wheel. Rather than wiping the board clean, it seems to me that it makes more sense to retain what is the most reasonable, discard the nonsense, and shelf the rest pending further investigation.
We know what the wheel looks like and it's limiting. We need a new mode of travel to get us onto different paths. Sure ETH is reasonable, for some people disclosure is a reasonable demand; for Jacobs an imminent takeover by an alien, hybrid breeding program is reasonable. New eyes are needed on this situation through alternative, interdisciplinary methodologies. Shelf it all and be mindful of what was shelved and how you got there.

We know what the wheel looks like and it's limiting. We need a new mode of travel to get us onto different paths. Sure ETH is reasonable, for some people disclosure is a reasonable demand; for Jacobs an imminent takeover by an alien, hybrid breeding program is reasonable. New eyes are needed on this situation through alternative, interdisciplinary methodologies. Shelf it all and be mindful of what was shelved and how you got there.
I guess we'd have to clarify who we mean by "we" and "us". My focus is on UFOs ( alien craft ) and the truth behind alien visitation. I don't need to reiterate that I don't think the word "alien" necessitates ET. In that context I'm already satisfied the wheels are in place. In other words, alien visitation is a reality. Now what's needed with respect to ufology is to fill in what the wheels are attached to, where the road they travel leads back to, and where they're headed in the future. If other people want to take a different spin on the UFO phenomenon ( e.g. transports from Hell or whatever ) that's fine with me, I'll add it to the compendium as one of the competing ( if not whacky ) theories among the rest of the competing ( if not whacky theories ) ... LOL.

Yes, by your definition it is definitely alien. But that's abstract enough in its outline that they/it still could come from anywhere: mind, outer space, and yes, even hell.

Again, as with RPJ's newsletter article, my mind went to Bigfoot again...not that he's an alien, although perhaps Lucas knew more than he's letting on when he created Chewbacca, ;) rather there's also a similar vein in the "metaphysical" Bigfoot reports. Not so much that we're going to nuke the planet, but that we are destroying the environment with our overuse of resources and will eventually kill the planet if we don't listen to Bigfoot. These kind of encounters don't get much play with most Bigfoot researchers - they're usually written off as cranks and new agers. With the UFO world, contactees seem to be a bigger, more accepted part of the overall phenomenon. Anyways, it seems that we can't regulate the peace & love message to the contactees - Bigfoot is preaching a nearly identical message to at least a few folks...so, does that steer us away from nuts & bolts (or with Bigfoot, flesh and bone) to more open-minded, outside-of-the-box models that challenge us (as Burnt State put) to re-invent the wheel and go back to the drawing board on a larger level than UFOS, but taking in all things Fortean to try and make sense of why people see what they see, do they see it, what do they see and what does it all mean. Maybe guys like Ivan Sanderson and John Keel had the right approach - those kind of researchers are nearly impossible to find today - everyone seems so pigeonholed into thinking only about their one subject, their one theory.

Back