• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — August 18, 2013

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
August 18, 2013

UFO Documentary Filmmaker James Fox Featured on The Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Why It's Important for You to Donate to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). It’s easy to send a donation. We have aDonate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com. And if you’ve had a problem getting to our Donate screen, please try again. We just fixed a serious PayPal access problem, and it should wor k properly now.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris welcome movie documentary producer James Fox back to the show. On this episode, the outspoken filmmaker will explain what went wrong with the National Geographic "Chasing UFOs" reality show, on which he was a co-host. He also recount his amazing eight-day visit with long-time UFO investigator Ray Stanford, and some of what he learned. Fox will also give you a preview of the forthcoming UFO documentary he is working on, which has the working title of "701." This number represents the number of UFO cases the Air Force's Project Bluebook failed to explain.

Chris O'Brien's Site: http://www.ourstrangeplanet.com

701 The Movie: 701 The Movie | Bios

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

Now About the Silence Group and the MIB
By Gene Steinberg

The story is a legend in the UFO field. In 1953, researcher Albert K. Bender abruptly closed down his multinational flying saucer club, claiming that he had somehow come upon the “secret” of the flying discs, only to be visited by three men in black suits who exhorted him to keep his mouth shut. Thus formed the core tale that filled the pages of the late Gray Barker’s popular UFO title, “They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers.”

Now some suggest that Barker, after investigating the Flatwoods monster and confronting Bender’s curious departure from the field, decided to treat the subject as, for the most part, a huge joke. He and his pal, Jim Moseley, who died last year, engaged in several notable hoaxes involving the flying saucers and some of the people involved in the subject.

But what happened to Bender?

Well, more stories emerged about the possibility that agents from the government or perhaps somewhere else were busy warning some people involved in the field, and even some UFO witnesses, that they cannot discuss the subject, or their experiences. Sometimes the visitors claimed to be government agents; at other times, the connection was merely implied.

In some of his books, UFO author John Keel, whose “Mothman Prophecies” became a somewhat successful sci-fi movie starring Richard Gere, wrote of all sorts of MIB-related experiences. He even claimed to be a victim of what he regarded as MIB-related dirty tricks.

The MIB became famous after the black-garbed visitors were featured in a series of graphic comic books, which, in turn, were turned into three blockbuster comedy sci-fi action movies featuring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.

As to Bender, after over a decade of silence, he wrote a book, heavily edited and published by Barker, where he claimed his visitors were not government officials, but aliens. In other words, he was another UFO contactee.

In passing, yes, I did meet Bender, and actually attended one of his lectures. A curious story that, but it’s hard to say where reality ends and Bender’s apparently vivid imagination begins. The long and short of it is that I found him to be basically a sincere person, but I wondered if he didn’t concoct this fanciful tale to stop people from annoying him about the MIB. And maybe collect a few book royalties and lecture fees along the way.

Regardless, there was no stopping the MIB. Over the years, such visitors have turned up again and again in connection with UFO cases. In one example, a witness to the Phoenix Lights, which occurred in 1997, claimed to have taken pictures of the phenomenon. He was invited to submit his material to a local city representative, but before he had a chance to actually deliver his evidence, he was visited by two men in black suits. They claimed to represent the local politician, and he gave them the pictures.

As you might imagine, his evidence simply disappeared. The person to whom he promised to give the pictures said she never dispatched anyone to retrieve them. You wonder, in passing, how his visitors (two men in black?) knew what he had and what he was planning to do with it.

Now as a practical matter, the existence of the MIB has never been confirmed. It is possible that government operatives have, from time to time, visited witnesses of UFO-related events to retrieve evidence. It is also possible that hoaxers, familiar with the MIB legend, have donned the requisite garb and harassed people for reasons known only to themselves.

Some suggest that the MIB are really agents for “them,” the force behind the UFO’s presence in our skies. But there is no evidence whatever that such a thing is true.

So there you go!

Meantime, there continues to be speculation that there is a Silence Group or Control Group somewhere in the U.S. government that has continued to study UFOs years after the original investigative agency, Project Bluebook, was shut down. They have allegedly preserved the secret that they are extraterrestrial.

But the existence of a Silence Group was posited by Major Donald Keyhoe in the 1950s, even when Project Bluebook was still around. Keyhoe believed that the civilian and military officials in charge were simply afraid to tell the truth, but he felt the public could accept what he regarded as the reality of ET visiting Earth.

But how do you prove the existence of such an agency? Can you ask a member of Congress or the Senate to check the line item budget for an entry labeled “Silence Group”? Even if such a group existed, where would the money come from, and would the threat of a government shutdown by recalcitrant conservative Republicans impact that group’s existence? Or maybe just postpone their paychecks for a few days till the politicians got their acts together?

Consider, though, what might happen if this UFO secrecy thing was pawned off to private industry. The budget would be buried among perfectly normal projects, so even accountants wouldn’t know that the funds were being allocated to hide the truth of alien visitations. Such a move would give the government plausible deniability: “We don’t have a Silence Group, we don’t have a Control Group, and we got out of the UFO investigating business when Project Bluebook was shuttered.”

Well, they haven’t actually used those words, but you get the picture.

So can we expect that, some day soon or in the distant future, we will finally be told the truth about UFOs? Well, this week the CIA revealed something we all know anyway, that there is indeed an Area 51 in Nevada, and that the place is used as an aircraft test facility. But, no, there are no aliens there, no spaceship wreckage, or at least that’s what the news media reported, sometimes with a half chuckle.

So is it possible that the CIA leases out Area 51 to private contractors to cover everything up? If so, they could safely tell you that nobody in the government is doing anything stranger than developing faster and more reliable aircraft and more powerful weapons. Alien technology? Give me a break!

But who believes the government anyway?

Copyright 1999-2013 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Hey let's not forget our Supreme Commander of U.F.O.I.L.
Mr. UFO Timothy Green Beckley's book The UFO Silencers.

474978.jpg

What about the weirder aspects of these MIB cases? We know there were FBI agents involved in UFO investigations all the way to Project Sign. I've had run-ins ( almost literally with them ) in the past. Two times they could be written off as eccentric but human. However the time I crossed paths on a dark highway in the Columbia Valley is an entirely different story, and at the time I wasn't even aware of their status in ufolore. I only ran across all the weirdness about them after I moved to Calgary and began collecting UFO books. They were mentioned in one of the Time Life Mysteries of the Unknown series books ( a great set BTW ).

Apart from the technology that might make UFOs fly, the 'Silence Group' and anything MIB-related, are the subjects that interest me most about Ufology.

Apart from the technology that might make UFOs fly, the 'Silence Group' and anything MIB-related, are the subjects that interest me most about Ufology.
Someone should do a poll of all the people in ufology to see how many have experienced some sort of weirdness seemingly connected with covert monitoring and silencing. You could count me in, and I'm a relatively low profile nobody. I've heard others tell of strange communications problems that happen coincidentally ( or otherwise ) when discussing UFOs, of evidence that has been taken and never returned, of anonymous suggestions that people get out of the UFO field, and so on. I don't doubt this stuff has happened. What's the deal?

People used to believe in someone claiming to be somebody's representative. Why should they lie? We used to believe what the government told us -- well except about UFOs, of course.

Hey let's not forget our Supreme Commander of U.F.O.I.L.
Mr. UFO Timothy Green Beckley's book The UFO Silencers.

474978.jpg

What about the weirder aspects of these MIB cases? We know there were FBI agents involved in UFO investigations all the way to Project Sign. I've had run-ins ( almost literally with them ) in the past. Two times they could be written off as eccentric but human. However the time I crossed paths on a dark highway in the Columbia Valley is an entirely different story, and at the time I wasn't even aware of their status in ufolore. I only ran across all the weirdness about them after I moved to Calgary and began collecting UFO books. They were mentioned in one of the Time Life Mysteries of the Unknown series books ( a great set BTW ).

The Green Hornet was a mib ?

att: James fox

[Gene and Chris, if you like, forward this info to James Fox. I don't have any contact for him, thx]

I recall you asking if anyone had any info the 1964 Holloman event, and specifically an article in APRO by Coral Lorenzen.

I did find an article in apro_jul_1964.pdf .

A pilot saw an egg shaped object with the same markings as the Soccoro object (apro_may_1964.pdf).

These PDFs are available online:

The Black Vault • View topic - APRO Bulletin Archive

bulk

Just a point of view: I appreciate what they've done at Black Vault, but I find it painful to read the messages. This grayish white text over black doesn't make it for me. I just wonder why so many paranormal-related sites choose this motif.

A pilot saw an egg shaped object with the same markings as the Soccoro object (apro_may_1964.pdf).
These PDFs are available online: The Black Vault • View topic - APRO Bulletin Archive

If I may interject. The Black Vault and the APRO scans are an excellent resource. Thanks for reminding us about them. I had a look at the APRO Bulletin you mention ( http://www.openminds.tv/pdf/apro/apro_jul_1964.pdf ), and I feel obligated to point out a glaring problem with the report of the egg shaped object. At the time it wasn't known that the markings on the Socorro object that were released to the public weren't actually the real markings, and therefore for the pilot to say that the markings were the same indicates either a copycat fabrication or an observational error. I mention this aspect of the Socorro incident in the short article here on the USI website, and include images of the two different markings for comparison.

I had not heard of this possible additional sighting. On his first pass, the pilot indicated it was flying, on the second pass, he said it had landed:

The pilot of a B-5? bomber engaged
in a routine mission in the vicinity of
Stallion Site, a few miles east of San
Antonio, New Mexico, called Mission
Control on the radio and informed the
Controller there: ,I,m not alone up
here." To which he received the follow.
ing query: "What do you mean?,,
The pilot explained ,,I've got a UFO."
The Controller then asked, ,,What does
it look like?" and the pilot answered:
"It's egg-shaped and white.',
"Any markings?', asked Control. ,,The
same as the one at Socorro,,, the pilot
said, then added, ,,I,m going to make
another pass."
Minutes later the huge, cumbersome
bomber had made its turn and had come
in over the area where the IIFO was
first seen, whereupon the pilot called
Control again and reported: ,,It,s on the
ground ! "

The apro_may_1964.pdf file contains the Zamora report. The Air Force likely had the original design, not the decoy, and may have passed this on to their pilots.

Just passing on the info to J. Fox.

Looking forward to "701".

bulk

... The Air Force likely had the original design, not the decoy, and may have passed this on to their pilots ...
Maybe, but I find that unlikely. The design was kept confidential for investigative purposes, so there would be little point in releasing it to a bunch of pilots either inside or outside the Air Force as it would eliminate the value of having a decoy. Would investigators not be equally interested in unreliable information from within the Air Force as much as from civilians? Without some evidence that the real insignia was circulated among Air Force pilots, this detail remains a legitimate point of contention.

A good observation though. I'd never run across that before.
Just passing on the info to J. Fox. Looking forward to "701".

Sure. I just figured that since it was a public message I'd comment on it.

[The C&P from the PDF is less than stellar]

The article continues,

It is impressing to note that the pilot
of the B-5? knew what the markings on
the object at Socorro looked like. This
indicates that the military at White
Sands and Holloman had been secretly
briefed. He probably knew he ran the
risk of alerting many of the personnel
r^t both bases, as well as any off base
radio operator who happened to tune in
cn the frequency, but in order to alert
p:eek:per military authorities he had tt
t.rke that risk. The incident was discuss
ed almost freely and certainly in depth
by a large number of the personnel at
both bases.
On the Saturday following the land'
ing, a group of civilian pilots, returning
from a convention in Louisiana, set down
their planes at Holloman for a short
time. They were all approached by an
Air Force major who showed them a paper
with the marking of the Socorro object
and asked them if theY had ever
seen anything like it before. No one had,
but the very fact that this was done indicates
the seriousness with which the
military was treating the whole situa'
tlon.

True, some of this is speculation, and we have to take the word of the writer insofar as the comments regarding the free discussion between the two bases. Still, the APRO Bulletins for the year 1964 report several other similarly shaped craft operating in the general area.

Interesting also, is the mapping of these objects along straight lines in a similar manner as reported by Aimee Michel in France and Brazil.

Interesting, if true.

bulk

Just a point of view: I appreciate what they've done at Black Vault, but I find it painful to read the messages. This grayish white text over black doesn't make it for me. I just wonder why so many paranormal-related sites choose this motif.

I know what you mean, especially when reading extensively.

I use Firefox with a plugin called Preference Toolbar, which has tick-boxes for a variety of settings, including 'colors'. One click and the browser's colors are set to your own preferences. Mine are custom light grey bg and black text; it's easy on the eyes.

Bada-bing, problem solved.

bulk

Of course, one shouldn't have to depend on someone's toolbar, which may not work with your browser of choice, to redo a site's coding to make it readable. That's something the original designers should care about. :)

Gene, do you think you could persuade James Fox to make available the six hours of his Stanford material in mp3 format, maybe you guys could host it, or on Fox's 701 site?

bulk

Back