• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — August 12, 2018

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
August 12, 2018
www.theparacast.com

Paranormal Researcher Richard Bonenfant Discusses Cattle Mutilations and Near-Death Experiences on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We also feature selected podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth,” and we are now offering special access to the first two episodes of the ghost haunting show he cohosts, "Haunted." Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free print and eBook book offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: https://plus.theparacast.com/.

This Week's Episode: Gene and weekly cohost J. Randall Murphy present Dr. Richard Bonenfant, a retired medical research scientist who’ s career specialized in the study of birth defects in newborn children. He has been a research associate with the Albany Medical Center Hospital in Albany, New York, a medical epidemiologist with the New York State Birth Defects Institute, and a research scientist with the Division of Environment Epidemiology at the New York State Department of Health. Richard has also authored four books and participated in interviews where he has talked about the darker aspects of unexplained phenomena: animal mutilations where there are no traces of a perpetrator. Some reports documenting these strange events date back to the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and were reported by legendary anomalist, Charles Fort. He has also written a paper on NDEs.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on August 12: Gene and weekly cohost J. Randall Murphy begin the discussion focusing on cattle mutilations and particularly Christopher O’Brien’s long years of research, which culminated in his book, “Stalking the Heard.” UFO researcher Timothy Good, author of such books as “Above Top Secret," is mentioned, particularly when it comes to his apparent belief in the claims of contactee George Adamski. And what about stories that extraterrestrials walk among us, likely in human form so their present cannot be detected? There’s also a brief discussion about life after death and also pop culture.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Must It Be Spaceships?
By Gene Steinberg

One of the most popular topic threads at The Paracast forums over the past year was all about UFOs and their possible origins. One frequent poster strongly promoted a common theme, that, if real, they had to be extraterrestrial.

Now as you know, gentle reader, this is far from a new and unique theory. It has been the prevailing point of view for decades. But it is also far from proven. The basic tenants of the theory involve the behavior of UFOs, that they exhibit the capability of rapid acceleration and pinpoint, spin-on-a-dime maneuvers that are way beyond the capabilities of Earth aircraft.

If we can’t fly like them, they must be from a place where such technological capabilities have been mastered. That must be on another planet, no doubt orbiting another star system.

As scientists discover more and more evidence of possible Earth-like planets in our galactic neighborhood, it stands to reason that one or more of those worlds has spawned an advanced civilization capable of star travel.

We don’t have to know how they do it. While it’s convenient to speculate about warp travel, stargates, zipping through wormholes and space warps, it doesn’t matter. If they are real, and they are from other star systems, we don’t have to know how just yet, although it would be nice to know why.

Their very existence, if they are solid spacecraft from elsewhere, might just inspire us to try to duplicate their mode of travel. While that is probably not possible if they are hundreds or thousands of years ahead of us, their appearance and flight patterns may provide some useful clues with which to inspire our own scientists to do great things.

If they are extraterrestrial, and I won’t dismiss the possibility that their very existence might be to make us think about such possibilities, we certainly can’t prove it.

Now as to that forum thread, as such things go, eventually it became repetitious and faded out. The person who started the thread has cut back on his postings or taken his arguments elsewhere. He did claim that The Paracast is tilted against the ETH, and thus brings on guests that propound such ideas.

What he forgot along the way was that we bring on guests with a variety of viewpoints. Consider Stanton T. Friedman, who has been ET all the way for decades, and there have been others.

I have debated Stan a few times over the years, including a mail exchange or two in the pages of Caveat Emptor, the UFO/paranormal magazine that I edited with Wife #1 during the 1970s and 1980s.

As most of you know, I have concerns about the ETH, and the fact that there are other possibilities to explain the UFO mystery that also deserve attention. At the end of the day, it may well be that ET is here and among us, and if that’s true, so be it.

But we still lack a smoking gun.

Those who claim to have had some fort of contact with extraterrestrials are left with claims and no evidence. Maybe they communicated with someone or something, maybe they exaggerated or altered the experiences to make them fit into the ET meme. But when a contactee is faking it, even in part, it’s hard to take them seriously.

Besides, if ET really wanted to encourage Earth people to spread the word about their alleged goals for being here, why pluck out relative unknowns with no credibility whatsoever? Even abducting a rock music artist probably wouldn’t help, because the public will just assume it was some kind of hallucination generated by taking the wrong type of drug.

I suppose one might surmise that ET just wants to test our reaction to their presence, and choosing people who live mostly under the radar would allow them to perform their tests, and then jettison the unwary victims to see how they fare.

Except for a small number of possible followers, most people won’t know or care, and ET can move on to the next subject.

Then again, why continue to engage in such behavior year after year? Where’s the logic in that, or do they still believe we aren’t ready to accept their presence?

On the other hand, if they choose one or more public figures as their emissaries, most people still wouldn’t believe it’s real. I used to suggest that, if President Obama brought ET to the stage at a public meeting, most people, particularly his political opponents, would think he was just faking it. Or maybe he lost it.

They say that a third of the U.S. population will believe all or most of what President Trump says. But it may well be that skepticism will spread even among his most devout followers if he reported an encounter with beings from outer space. That might indeed be the straw breaking the camel’s back.

Wherever the truth lies, it’s a sure thing that whatever causes the presence of UFOs, assuming it to be intelligent beings or some supernatural force, isn’t ready to change their behavior.

We can debate their existence endlessly, but it’s highly unlikely that it’ll make a difference. And considering the lack of progress in UFO research after all these years, it's highly doubtful that we’ll know much of anything for the foreseeable future.

Of course, I’m happy to be surprised. But I remember when my old friend, the late Jim Moseley, often said his magazines would appear until the last cup and saucer. Unfortunately, the UFOs outlived Jim, just as they are fated to outlive most Earth people.

Maybe it will never happen, and we’ll just be left chasing after windmills until we give it all up, or find some new mystery or hobby with which to spend our idle hours.

Although I hadn’t considered it seriously until recently, I certainly do not expect to be alive if and when the mystery is solved. I have seen the actuarial tables as to how long I might live given that I am in a decent state of health.

All I can say is that, if ET or whatever it is has any interest in letting us know who and what they are, I wish they’d hurry!

Copyright 1999-2018 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back