• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — April 7, 2019

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
April 7, 2019

www.theparacast.com

Explore The Frontiers of Our Paranormal Reality with Morgan Knudsen on The Paracast

The Paracast
is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall explore the frontiers of our paranormal reality with Morgan Knudsen, Morgan has been involved in the world of paranormal phenomenon for over 18 years. She is the founder of Entityseeker Paranormal Research & Teachings (the evolution of The Association for Psychical Research in Canada, 1918 ) as well as the world-renowned Teaching the Living program for clients, She is the author of “Teaching the Living; From Heartbreak to Happiness in a Haunted Home.” Her radio and TV credits include “Haunted Hospitals” and “Paranormal 9-1-1.”

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

Morgan Knudsen's Site: EntitySeeker Paranormal / Morgan Knudsen

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on April 7: A fascinating discussion that began on the April 7th, 2019 episode of The Paracast, in which Gene and Randall have a conversation with paranormal lecturer and author Morgan Knudsen. There’s talk about the nature of consciousness and reality, whether consciousness exists separate from us. Morgan exposes the purpose for the contraptions used in ghost hunting shows to allegedly attempt to capture evidence of strange phenomena. Randall draws potential parallels between ghost experiences and UFO events.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Reality — What a Concept!
By Gene Steinberg

Just what is real and what is an artificial construct?

In the 1999 sci-fi classic, “The Matrix,” Neo, as portrayed by Keanu Reeves, stumbles upon the existence of a vast computer system that projects an entirely bogus reality to humans who are at rest in pods. Their bodies are used as energy sources.

Every aspect of their existence is generated by this highly-advanced artificial intelligence. Neo and his companions struggle to expose this deception and free the people from the matrix.

Of course, this is just a cleverly-designed motion picture intended as entertainment, but it also posits a meta-reality in which we are participants. Just what is consciousness anyway, and does reality truly exist beyond our perceptions of it?

Are we living in a virtual reality?

Sometimes I think of yet another sci-fi film. “Men in Black,” from 1997, in which someone is carrying around a precious artifact. a tiny circular jewel that contains an entire galaxy within it.

It leads to the film’s conclusion, a clever depiction of just where our existence may lie in the scheme of things, as a tiny pinball knocked about in an even vaster universe. And so it goes…

So most of you wonder about the nature of our existence. Is everything we do controlled by a supreme being, or do we have at least some ability to control our reality? How do we explain the ever-present dilemma of two people experiencing what appears to be the same event, yet they come away with entirely different impressions of what occurred?

Which version is correct, and is it all the result of the natural imperfections in human senses? If we can’t even get the details of, say, a car crash correctly, how did ancient humans survive against the constant presence of roaming predators? One assumes it was a case of survival of the fittest, those most capable of correctly sensing danger and escaping from it.

So perhaps the relative creature comforts of our civilization have resulted in the loss of such native abilities. Perhaps they are present at birth, but our children are gradually conditioned to ignore or lose those capabilities as they learn to cope with the more mundane affairs of daily life.

Ever wonder why a child seems to know things that he or she could not possibly have learned? Just asking.

The memories of my childhood are distant and fleeting. But I recall watching the rain fall from a window in the tenement in which I lived in Brooklyn, NY. I would often feel the rain drops were somehow speaking to me, but my mom dismissed it as just another imaginary friend. I soon learned to ignore those impressions and get on with “real life.”

In my earliest childhood memory, I was lying in a crib, hearing people talking in another room, but obviously not understanding what they were saying. Or maybe I did understand, but couldn’t convey it in anything that would resemble spoken words. A later memory has me starting in first grade, as my mom asked the teacher whether she was concerned over the fact that I wrote with my left hand.

That was surely a way to instill one’s confidence, but I managed to cope with it. Or maybe that’s why I perform some functions with my right hand, such as using a fork or a spoon.

When I ponder the nature of reality, I sometimes come up with some crazy thoughts. Here’s one: What if our reality itself expands or is altered to reflect our scientific discoveries? So we learn that the Earth is not flat as we travel the globe and discover we aren’t falling over the edge, and our reality cooperates appropriately.

Our solar system has nine planets, or maybe it’s really 10, or maybe it’s still nine because Pluto isn’t a planet after all. As we imagine what lies above in the skies, we are sometimes visited by strange airships and even stranger entities or beings that pilot them.

Space travel? How could we possibly fly to the moon, let alone another planet, and what lies beyond across the galaxy? Have other planets spawned lifeforms that may or may not resemble our own?

As scientists explore quantum mechanics, we are told that the tiniest scales of energy appear to change as we observe them. Say what?

I do not pretend to be a physicist, so I wouldn’t presume to attempt to explain why that happens. Besides, as new discoveries are made, the older ones will be expanded or changed accordingly. But all this may indicate that reality isn’t fixed after all. It is forever fluid. Perhaps our very existence is constantly changed accordingly.

At the simplest level, this may explain why memories of important events are altered through the years, and maybe it’s not just because humans have a tendency to exaggerate stories in the retelling. So maybe the Roswell crash was indeed a balloon, as originally claimed back in 1947. But as alleged witnesses were located and interviewed and evidence gathered, the recollections themselves changed to represent the possible crash of a spaceship piloted by alien beings from another world.

Besides, memories are easily altered. An unskilled hypnotist may place an individual reporting missing time into a trance. With a little prodding, elaborate descriptions of capture by gray aliens and painful laboratory tests pour forth.

So is that what really happened, or did the subjects confabulate a whole series of events based on an illusion? The wrong questions, leading questions, may very well guide a willing subject to concocting a story about a UFO abduction that never really happened.

Or if something strange did occur, the wrong suggestions may have altered those pristine memories and changed the details substantially.

I should imagine many of you would just love to alter your reality in different ways. Lost loves would reconcile, auto accidents would not occur, and wars and famine would be reduced to tall tales in novels and films.

Or is our entire image of reality just an illusion, and if so, can we possibly alter it to our needs? Or is someone or something out there doing the heavy lifting and having a hell of a time laughing at our expense?

Copyright 1999-2019 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back