• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — April 5, 2015

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
April 5, 2015
www.theparacast.com

The Paracast is Politically Incorrect Once Again!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Announcing The Paracast+: You asked for it! For a low monthly or annual subscription fee, you will receive access to a higher-quality ad-free version of The Paracast, chat rooms, and don’t miss our exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring politically incorrect color commentary, and other exclusive content. NEW! We’ve added an RSS feed for fast updates of the latest episodes, and The Paracast+ video channel is coming soon. For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: With guest co-host Curt Collins, we feature the irrepressible George Wingfield. In his working life, he had a brief stint as an astronomer at the Royal Greenwich Observatory studying stellar spectra and the earth’s magnetic field. Subsequently, he joined IBM UK and engaged in a variety of jobs in Systems Engineering, Marketing, and in Computer Education. George’s experience and knowledge covers a wide spectrum of the UFO filed from the Skinwalker Ranch, military intelligence operations, the Cash-Landrum Incident, Rendlesham Forest Abductions and much more.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

Curt Collins’ Blog: http://www.blueblurrylines.com

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

Are You Ready to Discard Your Beliefs?
By Gene Steinberg

In recent weeks on The Paracast, we have presented guests with points of view that sometimes turn the conventional wisdom about paranormal events on its head. This is particularly true of the UFO mystery, where most people who believe in their existence are convinced these strange craft come from other planets.

Well that, of course, may be perfectly true, but I feel it’s important to question such beliefs. Yes, I realize it’s hard to admit that what you accepted as true may turn out to be something else.

But even before you consider the cause of those unknown UFO sightings, what about the case histories you long ago assumed to be genuine? Is there any chance at all that the UFO researchers who have claimed that they were true were wrong, or just making things up?

I thought about this recently as guest co-host Curt Collins and I grilled James Carrion, a former MUFON International Director, on his theory that the ghost rockets of the 1940s weren’t spaceships or some other unknown phenomena. Instead, they were tricks staged by intelligence agents in large part to spook the Russians. But I realize it’s near-impossible to put yourself back 70 years, even for those of you who were around then, and take note of the political climate at the end of World War II and the years that followed.

And what about all those rocket scientists from Germany who came to the United States to help create our space program? It was only the beginning, and our successful Moon landing and other events in space exploration can be directly traced to what these scientists taught us, or delivered in technology developed in their native country.

What about Roswell? Sure, we have loads of witnesses who have conveyed testimony to a number of skilled researchers that something truly strange happened in the New Mexico desert in 1947. There are some reports of possible alien bodies and other indications that the excuse that it was just a test balloon is severely lacking in logic.

We assume that the military in Roswell in those days would have been read in on any test aircraft. So if what crashed wasn’t a balloon, or a test aircraft, just what was it?

But is it possible that the intelligence agents who allegedly fabricated ghost rockets for the benefit of a rival power may have pulled some shenanigans in Roswell that became the stuff of legend? I wouldn’t presume to make a final assumption here. While most of the memories of what happened at Roswell are several decades removed — from the time investigators got around to locating the witnesses — it may just be that what we believe is true. A spaceship from another world ran into trouble, crash landed, and the pilots and crew were recovered and brought to a secret military installation for further analysis.

So if we did recover evidence of advanced technology 68 years ago, where is the evidence of that technology? Are some of the so-called inventions that we take for granted, such as transistors and printed circuits, distilled from our humble efforts at reverse engineering? Would there be an iPhone with a amazing A8 microprocessor from Apple Inc. if a few choice elements of alien technology wasn’t quietly delivered to private industry?

Or maybe we are just selling our abilities to invent these things short. It may well be that one or more spaceships were recovered in the recent past, but we still aren’t advanced enough to get past their technology and figure out how those things really work. Consider the plight of the most intelligent scientist from 1815, or even 1915 for that matter, coming into possession of examples of today’s technology due to some sort of time travel experiment. Sure, the function of a 2015 automobile would be pretty obvious to the latter. The internal combustion engine dates back to the 19th century. But what about push button starting, navigation systems and Bluetooth?

Now consider a civilization that was, say, a thousand years ahead of us. What they might be capable of demonstrating may, to us, be the equivalent of magic.

But how would you react of the Roswell crash wasn’t what it was cracked up to be after all? Would you be prepared to accept the possibility of balloons and test aircraft? What about other classic UFO cases in those early days? Does a mystery still exist if they are no longer in the picture?

Remember that we weren’t talking about Roswell until the late 1970s. The UFO enigma mystified us before Roswell became the stuff of legend, and even ghost rockets weren’t necessary to paint a compelling picture of unknown flying craft capable of pinpoint maneuvers and rapid acceleration.

You could, after all, discount most of the so-called unknowns and still have a mystery that begs to be solved. What’s more, even if UFOs aren’t metallic aircraft from another planet, that doesn’t in the least lessen the need to understand what’s going on. Is it at all possible that we see spaceships because the reality of the phenomenon is way beyond our abilities to comprehend, so our subconscious minds simplify it for us?

That, indeed, was a proposition suggested in a movie, “Contact,” based on the Carl Sagan novel. When the protagonist, portrayed by Jodi Foster, met an extraterrestrial, he, or it, came to her in the form of her late father. The being explained that she would not be capable of understanding its true form. I’ll leave the rest to your imagination, except to consider the possibility that UFOs, themselves, may appear to us in a way that we can accept.

While I have no problem questioning my beliefs or theories on these subjects on a pretty regular basis, I often wonder about some of the so-called experts who have made a living from books and lecture tours. If it is shown that some of the material they present as fact wasn’t actually factual, would they admit the truth and move on? Or are they so wedded to the cases they tout that they cannot accept the truth when it’s right in front of them?

Perhaps the best way to discover the truth about UFOs and other mysteries involves a lot of unlearning. Are you game?

Copyright 1999-2015 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

The Rocket episode seems more logical being both testing early forms of anti-missile which most likely attracted others who were already taking a keen intrest. Roswell, seems to have a element of decoying and going on the eyewitness all signed under some type of secrecy act which "do not have to disclose" ? Wonder how many of Roswell witness had O.S.S files prior and FBI files after the event ? Therefore , Gene you make a excellent point which sounds likely the Roswell Case was both out of this World event and wonder how many UFOs were seen in the USA at that time and how many Sci-Fi radio series were playing which had ET cultural perceptions playing (Commie Threat) in 1947 and look at the excellent work O.S.S. we're running covert operations through out the World at that time. In end did the Wizard Of Oz come knocking at Roswell?

Last edited:
I'm curious to know how much of a military presence descended upon the area of the Roswell crash site. If I recall correctly, civilian witnesses did claim a rather large group of military persons and equipment. Has any researcher put forth a round about number? As well as particular type of vehicles and equipment? Can't imagine a downed project Mogul complete with crash test dummies would command such a large recovery operation.

Excellent article/point Gene. I am ALWAYS willing to unlearn. In fact, the older I get, the more often I find myself doing it. Like I said earlier, if every ufologist had Carrion's smarts & common sense, the mystery would be solved. I figured out on my own back in the early 2000's that MUFON was a joke and terminated my membership. The thing my brain couldn't make the connection on (with MUFON) is how they claim they are super legit & serious investigators trying to get to the bottom of the truth. But at the same time would publish the most outlandish, embarrassing, obviously fake stories and sightings in their journals. I was so embarrassed I would hide my issues so that company wouldn't be able to pick up an issue and read one of their embarrassing, tabloid-like articles. It was a real pleasure to hear Carrion speak. And to think that this guy isn't a speaker at any of the major conferences. It's a real travesty. Instead, we get clowns like Stan Romanek that will explain stories that never happened to us as well as show us video of a rubber puppet staring through his window as he "acts" startled & scared. What is the future of ufology? We are screwed.

Back