• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- April 28, 2013

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
April 28, 2013

The State of UFO Research Explored on The Paracast

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Why It's Important for You to Donate to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). It’s easy to send a donation. We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com. And if you’ve had a problem getting to our Donate screen, please try again. We just fixed a serious PayPal access problem, and it should work properly now.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris are joined once again by guest panelist Goggs Mackay as they explore the ramifications of the controversial episode about UFO videos with Blake Cousins, and the polarized listener reaction. This episode also focuses on the state of UFO and paranormal research, UFO promoter Steven Greer's new UFO documentary allegedly showing the body of a miniature human who might be an alien, and even how to take your own UFO photos -- real ones.

Chris O'Brien's Site: Our Strange Planet

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

The UFO Field: Are We Wasting Our Time?
By Gene Steinberg

On occasion, I receive letters from listeners suggesting that we may be talking too much about UFOs, and not enough about Bigfoot, ghosts, and other paranormal mysteries. At the same time, some of our listeners can’t get enough of the UFO discussions, so it’s a balancing act.

Now I suppose you can look at my background to see why UFOs are front and center on The Paracast. I read my first book about flying saucers when I was a mere 11 years of age. It was only later that I began to examine other mysteries of the ages. Being a devoted sci-fi fan, the possibility that first contact and other alien encounters, as postulated in books, magazines and movies, might actually be true was incredibly intriguing.

Only later did I learn that the UFO enigma is far more perplexing than I expected it to be at first blush. Maybe we are being visited by extraterrestrials, but there are other events that seem to occur in proximity to UFO cases, such as strange creature sightings. So you have to think that there is a lot more going on.

Some suggest that most of these paranormal mysteries -- even sightings of purported ghosts -- all stem from the same source. If that’s the case, and I won’t say it is, then we are all reading pages from the same catalog. The forces that create UFO visions may also be responsible for other strange events.

Maybe ghosts, if real, are not visitors from beyond the grave, but maybe images of real people living in other dimensions, or even from other times. Maybe those images are somehow stuck in a vortex, or whatever it is, and they are replayed in the fashion of an audio or video loop. The same movie or holographic image replays over and over again, perhaps at the same time of the night in the same or a similar location.

Sure, maybe the very idea is a stretch, but the real issue is whether it’s possible to find the real solution, or will we all be banging our heads against the wall for many years without discovering the answer.

Many of you who believe UFOs are alien visitors probably feel that the governments of Earth have some level of guilty knowledge about what’s really going on. We just have to pry that information from their top secret files, and we’ll know the truth. Just like that!

This belief or expectation fuels the ongoing disclosure movement. This is why you have petitions and other demands for the truth. But that’s not a new movement, as I’ve pointed out before. People were actively demanding disclosure in the early days of the modern UFO era, in the 1950s and 1960s. Other than congressional hearings in the 1960s that resulted in a whitewash study, the Condon Report, there has been little or no progress.

Sure, some governments have released previously secret information about UFOs. Some of the reports may even have the potential of pointing to an unexplained phenomenon. But there is no smoking gun that proves anything one way or the other. It’s just mountains and mountains of data, and the solution is as far away as it ever was.

I’ve suggested, from time to time, that a possible gradual disclosure program is in place, where we are all given reason to believe there is life elsewhere in the universe. Discovering all those “Goldilocks” plans orbiting other star systems certainly buttresses the belief that we aren’t alone, and thus it presents a seemingly real possibility that alien civilizations have arisen that are perfectly capable of paying us a visit. Maybe they have, and they hang around to see how we’re progressing.

That, however, doesn’t mean that an official “first contact” will happen now -- or ever! Even if we are being visited by advanced beings, they might have a “prime directive” that prohibits interaction with more primitive species. Leave your ego at the door. To any race that can travel across the stars, we are definitely primitive. If they have found the means to abandon warlike behavior among their people, or with other races, we surely look pretty bad. Our petty tribal conflicts only enhance a look but do not touch approach.

All right, there are folks who claim they have been abducted by UFO entities, or otherwise come in contact with some “higher beings.” Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps there are infrequent interactions with Earthlings for reasons of experimentation, or exploration, or some combination of both. By not revealing themselves to the public at large, the contact claimants are out on the limb when they claim their experiences are true. Sure, some will believe, but most won’t. The visitors are free to go about their business without interference.

But if a solution isn’t imminent, is there any point to going on? Why continue the search if there will be no resolution, ever, or at least not in our lifetimes? Well, the journey itself may be the reward. And the example of the flying saucers may, as with sci-fi stories, influence Earth scientists to expand their own knowledge of our mysterious universe. That itself may make UFO research worthwhile, if we can rise from the morass of hoaxes and false claims.

Meantime, I have no intention of giving up the search. Maybe I’ll be rewarded with an answer some day, and I remain ever optimistic, despite the serious obstacles.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2013 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

... But if a solution isn’t imminent, is there any point to going on? Why continue the search if there will be no resolution, ever, or at least not in our lifetimes? Well, the journey itself may be the reward. And the example of the flying saucers may, as with sci-fi stories, influence Earth scientists to expand their own knowledge of our mysterious universe. That itself may make UFO research worthwhile, if we can rise from the morass of hoaxes and false claims.
Meantime, I have no intention of giving up the search. Maybe I’ll be rewarded with an answer some day, and I remain ever optimistic, despite the serious obstacles.

Gene, sometimes you've had me a bit worried that you're suffering from the same burnout we all get from time to time so I'm really glad to see you've restored some optimism and are still in the game. To add my 2 cents worth in on why ufology is important, even if we never see conclusive material scientific evidence: Although I'm a believer in alien visitation, we still don't know much about what's really going on. For all we know, although the aliens have been here in the past, and may still be here now, they could just as easily pack up everything and move on or go back to wherever they come from and never return. If that happens then in the generations to come, they will be forgotten and relegated purely to myth. But for now, we live in an age where UFOs are part of living memory, and unless we do something to establish this as a fact, this most intriguing facet of human history is at risk of fading off into the dust of a forgotten past.

Back