• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — April 21, 2019

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
April 21, 2019
www.theparacast.com

Author Dr. Irena Scott Returns to Talk About Amazing Personal UFO Experiences on The Paracast

The Paracast
is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall present a return visit from Irena Scott Ph.D., who brings us inside information including real documents, not the typical stories and legends. Her book Sacred Corridors includes hidden studies, leaked information, photographs, documents, and interviews with researchers and informants that show UFOs really exist. She also talks about a possible new Roswell witness, Memory Metal and Elroy John Center, the Cordell Hull report, and evidence that an alloy company had received a debris sample to analyze. She also discusses her own amazing UFO sightings over the years. Irena has worked for the Defense Intelligence Agency, Battelle Memorial Institute, and attended conferences at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

William Puckett's Blog: UFO Reporting Center, Latest UFO Sightings & News.

Dr. Irena Scott's Blog: Irena Scott

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on April 21: Gene and Randall introduce a special feature of After The Paracast featuring William Puckett, a Ufologist and atmospheric scientist. He joins us to present recent UFO sightings. For his first segment, he’ll feature two sightings, one of which occurred not very far from Gene’s Arizona home. No, Gene didn’t see it! Dr. Irena Scott returns to continue talking about the personal experiences that were first described on the April 21 episode of The Paracast. One sighting involved possible shape-shifting UFOs.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

The Road Ahead
By Gene Steinberg

In the fall of 2014, I got permission from the powers-that-be at the Genesis Communications Network to offer a premium ad-free version of The Paracast. I’d like to say that I devised some magic strategy to persuade them to say yes, but it was more a matter of timing. It was the right day to make the request, and management was willing to allow us to make it so.

At first, The Paracast+ was just that, an enhanced version of the show stripped of over 41 minutes of network ads. For those who think that’s just too many ads, well for commercial radio in the U.S. it’s perfectly normal.

When I submit the show to GCN, it comes in 12 files without any ads. That’s the version I “stitch” together to deliver the file that Paracast+ subscribers can download. Well, it’s actually processed by a utility called, appropriately enough, Stitch, which uses an AppleScript routine to paste the separate files into a single file.

This enhanced version also has a slightly higher bit rate, 128K, as opposed to 96K for the regular version.

A few weeks after Paracast+ debuted, I created After The Paracast. At first, it was meant to be a wrap-up show, with color commentary on an episode and, indeed, anything under the sun that came to mind. But it soon became a lot more.

You see, quite often a regular episode of The Paracast, which clocks in at one hour and 58 minutes without the ads, isn’t quite enough to contain the full discussion with a guest. From time to time, we persuade them to stick around and continue the interview on After The Paracast.

At other times, there are special interviews, such as one I did with Nick Pope a few years back, when he revealed that he isn’t just a UFO-oriented individual. He is also into conspiracy theories, but not quite the way they are usually presented.

Nick’s view is that most of those conspiracies aren’t conspiracies after all, and that the traditional explanation, the conventional wisdom, is correct after all. So you may not agree with him — and I don’t — that Lee Harvey Oswald was indeed the lone gunman in the 1963 assassination of President John Kennedy. My view was formed long ago, when a friend and I attended a lecture featuring Mark Lane, a former New York State Assemblyman. Lane’s theory, as later framed in his best-selling book, “Rush to Judgement,” is that Oswald was a patsy, and that the real killers are still at large.

But I won’t go into the evidence here. You’ve heard it all, repeated over and over again with different variations, over the years. It doesn’t seem as if there has been much progress in settling on a final solution. And even if a final solution was confirmed, many of you wouldn’t believe it.

Another highlight is the interview I did with Monte Shriver, a retired college professor and accountant, which pretty much settled the Aztec, NM flying saucer crash myth.

That tale first appeared in a 1950 book, “Behind the Flying Saucers,” from Frank Scully, a gossip columnist.

The story, about something that allegedly occurred in 1948, had been rolling around at the fringes of the UFO field for several decades. Books and magazine articles were written about it, but even the most devout skeptic couldn’t put a nail in its coffin.

It appears that Shriver did.

I learned of him from a series of articles he wrote for Kevin D. Randle’s, “A Different Perspective” blog, which I recommend to one and all. You can find it at: http://kevinrandle.blogspot.com

Well, some years back, Shriver, an Aztec resident in 1948, attended a class reunion, where he asked his former classmates if they had any memory at all of some sort of crashed object that year. He certainly didn’t.

Long and short of it, unlike the Roswell UFO crash, there was no local legend of anything of that sort occurring at Aztec.

In addition, Shriver read through a recent book, “The Aztec UFO Incident: The Case, Evidence, and Elaborate Cover-up of One of the Most Perplexing Crashes in History,” from Scott Ramsey, Suzanne Ramsey and Frank Thayer. He found it short on evidence, with factual errors that made the story even less credible.

The interview was featured on the After The Paracast episode for May 14, 2017.

More recently, cohost J. Randall Murphy and I put our heads together to see if we couldn’t add more original content to the show. On this weekend’s episode, we feature the return of Ufologist and atmospheric scientist William Puckett to introduce a new segment, featuring recent UFO sightings.

William is certainly the person to do it. As a real weatherman, he has insights into the sort of natural phenomena that can be mistaken for a UFO. He can separate the wheat from the chaff, and has done extensive studies into a number of cases, including the sightings at O’Hare Airport in Chicago, and Stephenville, TX.

This is just one example of our commitment to add value to Paracast+ subscriptions.

There will be other changes going forward. I realize the signup process, which involves joining The Paracast Forum, and upgrading your membership, isn’t as easy as it should be. So I’m looking into ways to smooth the process without altering the basic structure, which uses PayPal’s recurring payment method.

For those of you who won’t use PayPal under any circumstances, and I can understand why it can frustrate some people, I’m considering additional payment systems. One involves electronic checks, but I’m not at all certain if it’s reliable enough.

Some have suggested Bitcoin, but since its value varies from day to day, and sometimes hour to hour, I’m not at all certain if it’s dependable yet. But I’m open to your suggestions.

If you’re not a Paracast+ subscriber, I hope you’ll give it a try. Prices start at just $1.49 a week, and we also offer memberships by the month, the year, five years, and even lifetime. The latter two include some “free stuff” too.

It’s a sure thing that The Paracast+ is the best way to support the show. If you want more information, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Copyright 1999-2019 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back