• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- April 14, 2012

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
April 14, 2012

A New Approach to the Fundamentals of Reality Explored on The Paracast

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Please Consider a Donation to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap if you can to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Brand New Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

Sunday, April 15, 2012: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present independent researcher Thomas P. Fusco, who has devoted nearly three decades investigating the relationship between mind, physics, spirituality, parapsychology, scientific anomalies and paranormal phenomena with the goal of uncovering the unifying cosmological framework that has eluded mankind for generations. On this episode, he'll be discussing the theory of supergeometry presented in his book, "Behind the Cosmic Veil: A New Vision of Reality," which integrates reality, spiritual, and the supernatural, including UFOs and other strange events.

Christopher O'Brien's Site: Home - Our Strange Planet

Thomas P. Fusco's Site: Behind the Cosmic Veil - Home

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

Do We Have the Right to Say, “Put Up or Shut Up”?
By Gene Steinberg

When you run a public forum, as we do, you never quite know which discussions will get the most mileage. But I have to tell you that we have members of all stripes, which means we will see wide-ranging interactions, and sometimes the posts get a little incendiary. Yes, we do make an effort to tone things down when they get out of hand, but we also want to give you the freedom to disagree, but we hope you’ll try to keep yourselves agreeable most of the time.

Well, the recent return appearance of longtime paranormal researcher and experiencer Ray Stanford to The Paracast predictably brought all sorts of viewpoints to the table. Ray appeared with veteran UFO investigator Chris Lambright, whose recent book, “X Descending,” in part disclosed how a private study of certain UFO films taken by Stanford influenced new developments in aerospace propulsion.

Because of the sheer number of color illustrations in the book, it is only available in electronic or ebook form as of the time of this writing. It would cost too much to offer readers a full print edition, particularly since the print run would have to be fairly small. It’s rare to see a book about UFOs become a huge seller.

Now the book doesn’t actually contain stills from Ray’s films. Instead, you get paintings that offer close approximations, but our listeners have understandably been skeptical. Why can’t they see the originals, so they can decide whether or not they pass muster?

When Ray was asked, he said he’d be willing to show his evidence to scientists and serious investigators who are willing to travel to his home near Washington, D.C. But he isn’t prepared to just post it, say, as a YouTube video. Among his reasons for refusing the request is his concern that some practical jokers will just use his material as fodder for some special effects exercises of their own, meaning they’d create fake UFO images based on what he says are real ones.

This isn’t the first time that Ray has been reluctant to let loose with evidence he claims to have. When he appeared on The Paracast on August 29, 2010, he described 1978 UFO encounters near White Sands, New Mexico. At the time, he said he made tape recordings of witness descriptions during the sightings, and even said he’d be willing to convert them to digital and release them. That hasn’t happened yet, but it may also be because Ray says he has other things to do.

Now I do understand the reasons for skepticism. Over the years, paranormal researchers have claimed to possess evidence that never seems to appear, or ends up being unimpressive, to put it mildly. There are even instances where they maintain that the authorities or alleged “Men In Black” purloined the evidence, or so they say. So they don’t have it anymore.

When it comes to Ray Stanford, I understand the frustrations expressed by some of you. By making the claim that he has evidence, you expect him to go the extra mile and produce that evidence. All well and good.

I haven’t seen any of it myself. All I know is what Ray said on the show, and what Chris Lambright wrote in his book, along with his fancy illustrations of course. Our co-host, Christopher O’Brien, who is nobody’s fool, has seen a fair amount of Ray’s work and is extremely impressed. So this is something that has to be taken seriously.

Of course, Ray is nothing if not controversial in the field. His early involvement in the so-called contactee movement didn’t help his reputation, although he has since become a responsible citizen and researcher who has worked with serious investigators and scientists and had his own share of achievements as a result.

At the same time, he doesn’t appear to be seeking fame and fortune. He has no recent books, and isn’t going on the lecture circuit. He doesn’t make a lot of appearances on radio either, nor does he have a cult to take on expensive voyages in search of evidence of ET. Whether or not he chooses to release his evidence, he doesn’t seem to be interested in profiting from that evidence. He doesn’t even have a Web site.

I’m also concerned over the fact that some of his critics have focused more on the details of his background, and where he may have been involved early on with organizations or projects of which they do not approve. The devil is in the details, however, and regardless of past affiliations, what has to count now is the strength of his work.

I would love to see some of Ray’s evidence. Maybe I should be budgeting for a trip back east to visit him and spend some time going over his material, assuming he is willing to invite me into his home and agree to allow me to examine his research. I would also hope that he would be more forthcoming about releasing that material to the public, but it’s not as if I can just demand it. He can do as he pleases, although maybe he would have been better served not to say anything about his work until he was prepared to reveal everything.

For now, the saga of Ray Stanford must remain very much a work in progress.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2012 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Gene, if you posted a minimum price to be our eyes and see Ray's stuff - I would seriously consider donating $10 - I wonder if anyone else would. I would trust you to come back and say what you saw.

I don't doubt Chris for a second with what he's seen but even he has not had a chance or opportunity to see the whole shebang. Either of you could report back to the listeners.

I'd put my money where my mouth is :)

Well, a flight back east of this nature is going to cost between $450-500, plus at least two nights at a hotel, since it's a day-long exercise each way (waiting for the plane, changing planes if need be, etc.), a rental car, plus a day to visit Ray. I really don't want people to invest that sort of money into this sort of trip right now. We'd rather have donations to fund our daily operations and those occasional long lunches. :)

Or save your money and pay your own bills.

Just have to wait the old-fashioned way! Was intrigued by Chris' semi-mysterious comment that something may happen soon with an announcement and Ray. We live in hope!

Back