• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — April 12, 2020

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
April 12, 2020
www.theparacast.com

Former Co-Host Chris O'Brien Visits The Paracast to Discuss the San Luis Valley Camera Project and Other Topics

The Paracast
is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes. Flash! For a limited time you can save up to 40% on your subscription. So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ — Five Years and Growing! – The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: Christopher O'Brien is no stranger to The Paracast. Longtime listeners will immediately recognize him as the voice of insight and wit alongside Gene Steinberg between 2010 and 2018. Along with a healthy dose of dry humor, Chris and Gene together interviewed hundreds of guests, the roster of which is a virtual Who's Who in the field of Ufology and the paranormal. Chris is also the author of Secrets of The Mysterious Valley, Stalking The Tricksters, and Stalking The Herd: Unraveling the Cattle Mutilation Mystery. Together these works constitute countless hours of field work and in-depth research into strange experiences, UFOs, and the mysterious deaths of cattle and other animals. During this episode, Chris presents updates on his work for James Fox's UFO documentary, The Phenomenon, and the ongoing San Luis Valley Camera Project.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

Chris O'Brien's Blog:
After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on April 12: Gene and Randall introduce Ben Hurle, President of Victorian UFO Action, a UFO group from Victoria, Australia. Formed in 2010. VUFOA investigates not just sightings, but they also do investigations and counseling for experiencers, and produce Australia’s only UFO TV-oriented show. During this episode, Ben will discuss the group's origins amid what he calls the relative lack of active UFO organizations in his country. He'll also offer some amazing case histories, including the classic 1993 Kelly Cahill abduction episode that is a mainstay of ongoing UFO research in Australia.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

A Little More Shop Talk
By Gene Steinberg

Randall and I are taking stock of where we want to take The Paracast once that awful pandemic is behind us. No, I am not expecting the end of the world, a scenario envisioned in too may sci-fi stories, films and TV stories.

But I am not expecting things to be the same, not by any means.

Some of it will be quite practical. As must as you hate to see it, many businesses will fail, and others will seriously downsize or make other changes to their setups. The convenience of easy home delivery may encourage people to just have their meals delivered.

That, in itself, will probably mean that food delivery services (such as DoorDash and Grubhub in the U.S.) are destined to grow and provide more gigs for drivers.

I expect, as more and more people became accustomed to working at home, they will try to continue to telecommute. I’ve been doing that for over 30 years now. I more or less fell into it, and I was happy to give up that 60-90 minute trip from my New Jersey home to the Big Apple. I would never put up that anymore, except perhaps a short trip.

Other changes are not apt to continue, but skies in polluted cities are, for the time being, bluer. Cars are driven less, meaning lower gas consumption, and fewer accidents. Indeed, some auto insurance companies, at least in the U.S., are promising refunds to their customers. I am expecting 15%, most likely as a credit towards the next renewal.

Now when it comes to The Paracast, my cohosts and I over the years have almost always worked from our home offices. Guests appear from a variety of locations, but more often than not at their homes, though we reach some at an office or other work environment. When I attended UFO conferences — and none are planned even after they open up again — I’d occasionally record a segment to give it a “live” veneer.

In short, I don’t expect to see things change all that much for us, except that more people will find it difficult to afford recreational pursuits, meaning we’ll have to work harder to earn your subscription to The Paracast+.

Until the crisis has abated, subscriptions will remain up to 40% cheaper. If you haven’t checked out The Paracast+, this is a great time to give it a whirl. If you’ve let your subscription lapse, this is a great time to join in the fun.

For more details, please visit: https://www.theparacast.plus

As we look to the future growth path for the show, we welcome your help. We’re seeking volunteers to serve as Guest Coordinator, and to help us rebuild the site and make it look better on mobile gear, such as iPhones and Samsungs.

If you haven’t had a chance to read our previous newsletters about our “job” listings, here’s what’s available.

Guest Coordinator

Want your chance to help drive The Paracast to new heights by bringing on the guests you think are most relevant and interesting? We have an immediate opening for a Guest Coordinator. This position requires an Internet connection and the ability to source out guests, please write us.

This is presently a volunteer position that includes a free Lifetime subscription to The Paracast+, as well as the possibility of other perks and rewards depending on how well we all succeed in monetizing the site.

WordPress Expert

It has been over a decade since our WordPress site was updated. It wasn’t even responsive, or mobile friendly, at first, but we had a listener do a fast and dirty update a few years later. But as you can see if you’re used to checking out theparacast.com, it needs some work.

Also, WordPress has released a number of new and updated themes with enhance security, and better responsive support. Our original theme was a custom design, and you’re welcome to either modify it, or replace it with something new.

We’re seeking someone who has experience developing WordPress themes, along with a good knowledge of MySQL and PHP. Our server uses the latest versions, so you’ll have full flexibility to show your creativity.

You will have the freedom to handle production in your own way and style while working remotely with Gene and Randall, and we will provide the whatever managerial support you need to get the job done in a timely manner.

If need be, we can work with our admin and web host to update our server to manage more functions if they’re needed.

This, too, is presently a volunteer position that includes a free Lifetime Paracast Plus subscription, as well as the possibility of other perks and rewards depending on how well we all succeed in monetizing the upgraded site.

If you are interested in either or both positions, please send us a private email ([email protected]) or start a conversation in our forum via this link.

Copyright 1999-2020 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Last edited by a moderator:
And here's a couple of deal sweeteners for our volunteers:

You will get an Office 365 license, which will work for Mac, or PC or iOS or Android, plus 1TB One Drive cloud storage.

And a 50GB email account with spam and virus protection, plus a shared calendar.

Back