• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

'Yes We Can'='Thank You Satan' Reversed

skunkape

Paranormal Maven
Make of this what you will. :p

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jqALdkTArqs&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jqALdkTArqs&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Sounds more like "and you say."

Sounds nothing like "thank you Satan," not that it matters. So-called back masking is pretty ridiculous.

It's funny to me how a lot of Catholics point towards these rock songs and things, playing them backwards, and most of the time the overall message that is supposedly delivered makes absolutely no sense. Let's just use this as an example: "thank you satan, and we hear from the grandma," or "and the lord said the new arab sins are with him, thank you satan," or all of the sentences in that thing.

a) As pointed out, it sounds nothing like "Thank you Satan".
b) Come On! This, like all "Reverse Speech" exercises, is utterly bogus and frankly, sheer unadulterated idiocy. You might as well sacrifice a chicken and examine its entrails.

It's funny to me how a lot of Catholics point towards these rock songs and things, playing them backwards,

Huh????? :confused:

The priests at my parish never warned that back-masking of music was brainwashing us kids. However, when I was a teenager, I recall that Tipper Gore, The Washington Wives and the PMRC and their warning labels were the hated enemies of us metalheads and our big-haired music idols.

Brings back memories .....

2422679_fc3afb1fba.jpg
=
Poster_3674.jpg

al%20gore%20tipper%20gore%20kiss.jpg
And they said Twisted Sister was too sexually explicit! Sheesh!

If you think this is a laugh, type "UFO Hypothesis" into Youtube and watch the Peggy Kane interviews. That woman takes the backwards-masking train off the rails from crazytown on a detour to looneyville.

that is the most stupid thing I've ever seen.
So every time I've ever said to one of my kids "yes you can" I've been thanking satan?
who would have ever guessed.
I feel like I have just lost I.Q. points by watching this.
does anyone know how I can recoupt them.

Sounds more like "and you say."

Sounds nothing like "thank you Satan," not that it matters. So-called back masking is pretty ridiculous.

It's funny to me how a lot of Catholics point towards these rock songs and things, playing them backwards, and most of the time the overall message that is supposedly delivered makes absolutely no sense. Let's just use this as an example: "thank you satan, and we hear from the grandma," or "and the lord said the new arab sins are with him, thank you satan," or all of the sentences in that thing.

I always thought it was the fundamentalist groups down South that had the satan connection to music, those and the Jimmy Falwell, Oral Roberts types.

I always thought it was the fundamentalist groups down South that had the satan connection to music, those and the Jimmy Falwell, Oral Roberts types.

It's anyone whose sphincter is too tight and thus (unable to relieve themselves in the normal way) has a head full of crap.

I was raised amongst those types. I used to have to hide my rock music from my mom. Luckily none of the nonsense they tried cram into my impressionable young mind stuck.

Wow, incredible.

Isn't that the same catch phrase as Bob the Builder? I wonder what "can we fix it" sounds like reversed.

speaking as Bob's publicist, we deny any connection to Satan, and were happy to allow presidential candidate Obama permission to use our popular and valuable catch phrase, 'yes we can'.

;)

Just wanted to say thanks for the laugh. :D

I'd bet if we listened to Ave Maria backwards it could be interpreted as "Thank you Lucifer for the abundant gifts..." :rolleyes:

Just a note ~ Catholic does not equal Fundamental Christian. The last pope even said that there are many roads/ paths to God (which sealed his fate as a potential anti-christ in the fundamantal community). The exclusionary practices of some/most religions is a sad state of affairs... and granted, the Catholics have their own brand of exclusionism with women/homsexuals... in many cases, even with non-Italians. I digress... anyhow it wasn't the Catholics who railed against rock music, it was the faundamentalists... I think mostly the Southern Baptists. I was influenced by my family in that religion, and it still affects my ability to meditate, do Reiki (I am a Reiki practitoner), because of the fear of what may be there trying to attack me - and trust me I know how childish and superstitious that sounds.

"Can't we all just get along!!!" Rodney King (Seriously!)

Great !, this is probably endorsed by Sarah Palin :eek:

No lemme guess, Pat Robertson... erm maybe Mike Huckabee. I've got an old 'bible-belt' vinyl record that says 'f#@& conservatives' when you play it backwards. :D

Just a note ~ Catholic does not equal Fundamental Christian. The last pope even said that there are many roads/ paths to God (which sealed his fate as a potential anti-christ in the fundamantal community). The exclusionary practices of some/most religions is a sad state of affairs... and granted, the Catholics have their own brand of exclusionism with women/homsexuals... in many cases, even with non-Italians. I digress... anyhow it wasn't the Catholics who railed against rock music, it was the faundamentalists... I think mostly the Southern Baptists. I was influenced by my family in that religion, and it still affects my ability to meditate, do Reiki (I am a Reiki practitoner), because of the fear of what may be there trying to attack me - and trust me I know how childish and superstitious that sounds.

"Can't we all just get along!!!" Rodney King (Seriously!)
Its not just about denominations, because I have known people throughout my life that have just labeled themselves religious and didn't specify what denomination it was that found rock music, horror movies and the like offensive. I am not saying that catholics and fundamentalists are the same just that it doesn't matter.

Back