• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Yellowstone supervolcano

Free versions of recent episodes:

I understand that Yellowstone is a supervolcano and that it is "due" to erupt again. And I know that we are totally FUBAR when it happens.

But are the recent eruptions indicating anything?? Is anyone saying we have something to worry about at this point?? Because I know seismic activity is ongoing and pretty constant in this area.

I understand that Yellowstone is a supervolcano and that it is "due" to erupt again. And I know that we are totally FUBAR when it happens.

But are the recent eruptions indicating anything?? Is anyone saying we have something to worry about at this point?? Because I know seismic activity is ongoing and pretty constant in this area.

From the 6 months or so that I have spent on that site, sometimes there are no quakes for 5 or 6 days, then, on days like May 25th, there are upwards of 30.

I found it odd that almost all of them were in one concentrated area, whereas they are normally more spread out when there is a bunch in a short time period, in fact, now on the site, there are 66 earthquakes on the map (today being may 28th)

I just find the site interesting and thought I'd put it forward to the forums because you're all a bunch of nerds too.:D

I saw that Discovery channel movie "SuperVolcano" when it came out (last year I think?) and if an eruption happened even remotely like they speculated it would happen we really would be FUBAR.

Dee

I saw that Discovery channel movie "SuperVolcano" when it came out (last year I think?) and if an eruption happened even remotely like they speculated it would happen we really would be FUBAR.

Dee

"experts" say that it has an explosive force 10,000 times that of the Mt. St. Helens eruption of the 80s or 90s (I can't remember when it was exactly)

Uhhh this is kind of scary. Did you see the last hour's data? I guess the quakes are continuing... It looks very very scary. I might even start checking CNN once in a while.

Uhhh this is kind of scary. Did you see the last hour's data? I guess the quakes are continuing... It looks very very scary. I might even start checking CNN once in a while.

it fluctuates, in between the 25th and 28th of may there were 90+ earthquakes, but in the last week July 1st to the 5th, there were only 3.

I wouldn't count on the major news networks covering this.

Back