• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Would anyone buy a Paracast Collection DVD set?

Would anyone buy a Paracast Collection DVD set? How much would you pay for it?

• Heck yeah!Here's my vote! I want one, I want one! :D

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Where's the PayPal link?! :D

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I want two, three, four or more! Volume discounts apply? ;)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I want an Autographed copy! :D

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • April Fools episode?David would go crazy!Well, even more crazy!

• David going crazy isn't a bad thing!He can do his impersonations!

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Ok, how much? Not too much now!

• W/extras of David & Jeff's investigative skills in images. I'll get it!

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I want an 8X10 autographed glossy of the Paracast Team! As a bonus!

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Meh, not me I wouldn't bother!

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

phantasmosxmagnum

Phantasmic wonders await
I think it's a great idea myself and I hope more of the listeners will vote in the poll to get you're opinion. Of course it would be great if it included extras like bloopers, an April Fools episode, oh wait, did they ever do that one? If not that would be so cool! :D
Plus, maybe pics and videos etc. if there was enough interest I think it would sell great here to the fans and maybe to a few victims or new & future fans on eBay. Throw in a "few" autographed copies and charge a little more. :D
The only thing I'm curious about would be the copyright issues and stuff but if nothing else it's a thought. :)

A percentage of the views are spiders etc.

I think there's a lack of video for a dvd.

Well, I can attest to making a DVD copy in MP3 format for a friend of mine in the US Virgin Islands and even though that was like over a year ago it took up like 1.5GB. So, unless you made it a multi disc CD set then I would say a DVD or possibly 2 now would have to be used to hold everything more economically, or 1 DVD and 1 CD.

As far as the video? I already know that it wouldn't be too long in length so if you had say one disc full of audio and possibly a small folder of pics a few Quick Time Movies that might make it on 1 or 2 discs for sure. :D

I think that they would have to do something to "improve" the audio from what is currently available in the podcasts. Maybe strip the ads and other announcements. Bill Birnes might not like the idea but so be it......

I think that they would have to do something to "improve" the audio from what is currently available in the podcasts. Maybe strip the ads and other announcements. Bill Birnes might not like the idea but so be it......
We are limited by the quality of some of the phone calls. We can't do anything about that without time-consuming digital processing. And the results won't be worth the effort.

Then again, there is a decent market for old radio dramas and a lot of those are copies from vintage 78 recordings.

I think the way I worded my first reply has been misunderstood. I did not mean to indicate that the quality of the audio was lacking from a technical standpoint. The product I receive via podcast is very good and has very adequate sound quality. What I wanted to convey was that the playing time could (and should) be reduced by removing the ads and announcements. Breaking into an interesting discussion on the Paranormal to sell Tonique is a necessity, I realize, but you don't have to extend that misery to someone who will be purchasing this gem of an archive. I think many of the commercial radio podcasts have the ads stripped out. And you are right, Gene, it would require some technician time to accomplish.

I think the way I worded my first reply has been misunderstood. I did not mean to indicate that the quality of the audio was lacking from a technical standpoint. The product I receive via podcast is very good and has very adequate sound quality. What I wanted to convey was that the playing time could (and should) be reduced by removing the ads and announcements. Breaking into an interesting discussion on the Paranormal to sell Tonique is a necessity, I realize, but you don't have to extend that misery to someone who will be purchasing this gem of an archive. I think many of the commercial radio podcasts have the ads stripped out. And you are right, Gene, it would require some technician time to accomplish.
Well, it's more than that. You see, our advertisers expect the spots to be in the archives for a long time after the initial period.

If we distributed the shows on CD, of course, there would be no spots.

The spots on the paracast are extremely reasonable. Its not like Howard stern or C2C where they are 20 minutes worth in a row. I actually haven't listened to C2C with Noorey. But back when bell was running it, sometimes the breaks were 20 minutes

The spots on the paracast are extremely reasonable. Its not like Howard stern or C2C where they are 20 minutes worth in a row. I actually haven't listened to C2C with Noorey. But back when bell was running it, sometimes the breaks were 20 minutes
At one point in time Clear Channel's stations allowed 20 minutes of spots per hour. I heard they had reduced this to 15 minutes, but I'm not sure.

If our show goes on commercial radio, the number of spots will increase, because that's how the industry works, but we'll fight to keep the number as low as is reasonable.

Hi All,

From one stand point a Audio DVD may make sense such as a medley of great interviews done at the "Paracast".

On the other hand as long as it doesn't get out of control in terms of merchandising.

Such as: "I've listened to the Paracast and all i got was a David Biedny T-Shirt" slogan on it.

If not the famous Spanish slur against Gene Steinberg that David Biedny enjoys repeating so much at his expense on a T-Shirt.

Don't get me going on a Paracast whoopie cushion so as to spook someone. :eek:

Hi All,

From one stand point a Audio DVD may make sense such as a medley of great interviews done at the "Paracast".

On the other hand as long as it doesn't get out of control in terms of merchandising.

Such as: "I've listened to the Paracast and all i got was a David Biedny T-Shirt" slogan on it.

If not the famous Spanish slur against Gene Steinberg that David Biedny enjoys repeating so much at his expense on a T-Shirt.

Don't get me going on a Paracast whoopie cushion so as to spook someone. :eek:
How about official Paracast chocolate? :D

Ahh, nice to see some chit-chat on the subject again. :D
Not to make it a huge undertaking but a suggestion would be a special Archive Disc only roundtable with the 3 Musketeers Gene, David and Jeff on reflections of the shows up to the date of production say for example the end of this year or on the anniversary of premiere episode date.
Actually, that would be a great annual event every year for at least the Dynamic Duo to do a 180 and reflect on what they've learned, uncovered, discovered, debunked, gained, lost and I don't mean respect like good old Rodney Dangerfield! LOL :D
Like Gene said the ads would be cut from the collection except maybe Attack of the Rockoids and a little Tech Night Owl Live possibly. ;) Audio is fine especially for the small file sizes and I know what you meant Aardvark you weren't talking about the quality of the audio and I'm only agreeing with Gene that there's not much you can do with the bad phone connections.

How about official Paracast chocolate? :D

Damn! I just seen this post and that musta been the subliminal suggestion for my unofficial Paracast Chocolate creation! LOL :D
Maybe you could pack those with the DVD as a bonus?

Paracast Milk Chocolate:
paracastlogolgchclta.jpg

Paracast Chocolate w/extra cocoa:
paracastlogolgchc2.jpg

Paracast shot glass please. My green alien shot glass I hate looking at. I hate they made it green.

I'd buy a hat, if I didn't fear it might make me go bald. You should see my shins! NO HAIR from wearing socks:( Hell, I might still buy a hat, my hair is getting on my nerves.

I have tons of t-shirts already:(

Back