• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

World's Rich Hold Secret Meeting

Free episodes:

cottonzway

I was saying boo-urns
http://www.nypost.com/seven/05202009/news/r egionalnews/worlds_riches t_hold_...

A group of the world's richest people met earlier this month in New York City in secret, apparently to discuss their philanthropic efforts in the midst of the severe recession, ABCNews.com reported.

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, who occupy the top two spots on Forbes' list of the world's richest, are said to have invited the others to the meeting. Attendees included Mayor Bloomberg, Oprah Winfrey, Ted Turner, George Soros and David Rockefeller.

"It was a private gathering of friends and colleagues to share their history and excitement about their philanthropy," one attendee told the Web site. "[It was] a group together discussing a range of things they are working on."

Meeting at the residence of Rockefeller University's president on Manhattan medical school's campus on May 5, each was given 15 minutes to discuss the best way to help charities. Nonprofits are hurting for donations because of the sluggish economy.

It's unknown what sort of plan, if any, the group formulated.

The group has contributed a combined $70 billion to charity, ABCNews.com reported.

Gates, who co-founded Microsoft, donated $3.7 billion from 2002 to 2006 and $10 billion from 2007 to 2008, ABCNews.com reported. Buffett, who runs Berkshire Hathaway, has pledged $31 billion, the bulk of his fortune, to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Awesome. Just awesome. I saw a video ABC played making them seem to be "super heros" trying to save the world. Yeah, David Rockefeller and George Soros who openly brag about setting up global government. What a bunch of shit.

At what point do people even question WTF is going on in these kinds of "secret" meetings? If they have nothing to hide then why is it in private? Truth doesn't need to be in the dark. Why so secret then?

The people there make me sick to my stomach from their own writings and the whores in the media that lie and spin for them are just as bad. It's an insult to even half intelligent people IMO.

Awesome. Just awesome. I saw a video ABC played making them seem to be "super heros" trying to save the world. Yeah, David Rockefeller and George Soros who openly brag about setting up global government. What a bunch of shit.

At what point do people even question WTF is going on in these kinds of "secret" meetings? If they have nothing to hide then why is it in private? Truth doesn't need to be in the dark. Why so secret then?

The wealthy and powerful are the authority, and most people will be blindly obedient to authority. Most people in power know this fact, and obviously exploit it.

In my experience people assume that the actions of the wealthy and powerful, no matter how secret, are warranted. If their actions appear immoral it is only because the wealthy understand the state of things much better than we do.

People have been conditioned to believe this, I think it takes some energy to go against what one has been conditioned to believe. I think everyone's energy is expended on worthless things, and they have none left to expend on anything of value.

We should at least feel glad that we were fortunate enough to have some excess energy to expend on questioning our conditioned beliefs.

Back