• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

world trade center angel

In response to my wifes post.
Where was this "angel" 15 years ago? Where was it when the towers fell? Why did it not stop the planes? A blessing 15 years later Is no blessing. .

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

post your thoughts...

My belief is that the picture is photoshopped, I don't think you can photograph an angel.

It is sad because I feel that the picture was done for money making reasons, the copyright symbol and the name "Richard J McCormac" indicate this to me.
If the picture was presented as an "artistic" reminder of the tragedy of 9/11 I could have no issue, trying to communicate hope and faith through art is fine in my book, however exploiting people via their hope and faith is wrong.

I understand that lying is a sin, so I guess that lying about an angel in order to make money wouldn't go down to well "upstairs" if you know what I mean.

Best wishes.

In response to my wifes post.
Where was this "angel" 15 years ago? Where was it when the towers fell? Why did it not stop the planes? A blessing 15 years later Is no blessing. .

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Because.....man has free will.

But in all seriousness the pic is silly.

Unless it's a blatant Photoshop I'd put it down to pareidolia. I think folk are more likely to interpret such images in a certain way at times of major events. I was in Java a few months after Mount Merapi erupted in 2010 (a major eruption, with 353 dead from pyroclastic flows and 350,000 evacuated). The Indonesians are very superstitious folk and although Java is largely Muslim, they follow a much different brand of Islam to that of the Middle East. There's strong belief in animism and the spirit world, and one bloke showed me a photo someone had taken. It had a clear image of an angry face within the clouds of ash blasting out of the volcano at the height of its activity. The locals were convinced that this was evidence of the (evidently unhappy) spirits that lived underneath the mountain. Whether the picture ever made it online, I don't know; I couldn't find it from a quick hunt around on Google.

Last edited:
Unless it's a blatant Photoshop I'd put it down to pareidolia. I think folk are more likely to interpret such images in a certain way at times of major events. I was in Java a few months after Mount Merapi erupted in 2010 (a major eruption, with 353 dead from pyroclastic flows and 350,000 evacuated). The Indonesians are very superstitious folk and although Java is largely Muslim, they follow a much different brand of Islam to that of the Middle East. There's strong belief in animism and the spirit world, and one bloke showed me a photo someone had taken. It had a clear image of an angry face within the clouds of ash blasting out of the volcano at the height of its activity. The locals were convinced that this was evidence of the (evidently unhappy) spirits that lived underneath the mountain. Whether the picture ever made it online, I don't know; I couldn't find it from a quick hunt around on Google.
I think I recall that picture. I have a similar one on an old VHS UFO video that shows a fiery face in the clouds at sunset someplace. There's lots of imagery around in nature. If one can let their left brain take a vacation once in a while, it's actually kind of a cool way to look at things. The thing is not to let it dominate your decision making when there are reasons to interpret the imagery differently than one might want to for religious reasons. I think when the big "R" word gets stamped onto it is when the problems start to happen.

Last edited:
I had an odd experience in a church in England as a kid (nothing to do with dodgy defrocked priests), relating to something similar. I was visiting the church in question with my parents while on holiday, getting dragged around bored to tears as you do when you're 12. There was a watercolour portrait of the face of Jesus Christ on the wall, nothing unusual for an old church, just him with a crown of thorns on his head and his eyes shut, looking all mournful. I wandered around the pews a bit, went back to it, and literally had the fear of God put into me as the painting now had its eyes open. It was instant epiphany, and for a few seconds I was a true believer. I shouted my mum and dad over, but they couldn't see what the fuss was about; the image had always had its eyes open to them. When we studied the picture more carefully, you could see that it had been very cleverly done so as to be deliberately ambiguous as to whether the eyes were opened or closed, presumably to create the effect that I'd fallen for. I appreciate that this is not pareidolia, but I mention it as an example of how the mind chooses to interpret images in certain ways, and that interpretation can lead to the reinforcing of certain beliefs, particularly where there is a higher mystery involved. You could say the same about UFO sightings.

Back