• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Wolf or Tiger or What?

PararealitySaint

An Open Minded Skeptic
A marsupial nonetheless. I don't know whether most of the Paracast fans had seen this video or not but I found it wild to say the least:

<object height="390" width="640"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vqCCI1ZF7o&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

I recall reading about this in the Fortean Times. I believe it is a thylacine, or Tasmanian tiger. The last one died in 1936, though many people have claimed to have seen them since then.

Sadly they aren't around anymore...so no one can ask them if they were wolves or tigers.

In the quest to breed meat, and/or hunt for "sport" man has destroyed more predators than necessary and otherwise ruined a great many ecosystems, which then require further interference by man to control prey populations, or "varmints."

The tassie tiger may not be extinct

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2003/06/18/879154.htm

Computer modelling suggests that Australia's thylacine, or Tasmanian tiger, was not wiped out by bounty hunters and may still survive today in isolated areas.
Dutch and U.S. environmental economists have combined biology and economics into a single mathematical model to re-evaluate whether demand for dead 'tigers' 100 years ago drove the species to extinction in 1936, as scientists have long believed.
The economists report in the latest issue of the journal Ecological Economics that "our results indicate that economic forces could not have led to the species' demise."
Moreover, using an open access hunting model that simulates harvest levels and abundance of thylacines and human hunters over time, they claim their results "support the view that tigers could still exist in the wilds of Tasmania today

One can only hope.....................

Back