• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Wish you were here

Free episodes:

Yeah that's nice Methshin,

Must say though we used a different guitarist recently and he had either that amp or a prevoius model and although tone is a very subjective thing it just didn't cut it live.
I guess we're just boring old hippies but for that crunch sound or great lead tone it's very hard to beat the old JCM 800 or 900 Marshalls.

Having said that look ouy for one of these,
http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/amplification.htm

Just look at all those preamp tubes :eek: and if David reads this thread, please do tell.
In his words this is Secret kit so shhh dont tell! :)

Mark

I'm not in a band and I really have no desire to be, this is something that is gonna sit at home and look pretty, not to mention sound great as well. I've looked around, and I'm definitely gonna go with a Marshall Cab. but as far as heads go, I got a real hard on for this one.

I guess you could just say I'm a loner metalhead that likes to rattle the windows. Of all the heads I've play tested, this one beats them by a country mile. I'd even go as far as to say it's the best one I've ever played through.

That's good to hear Methshin,

I like a man who knows what he likes and sticks to his guns, Respect.
Also with a seperate cab one day you might get another head and you'll be laughing. Once you do that though it's the thin end of the wedge and you might turn into a collector like me, not that that's such a bad thing, but you might have to put up with a bit more nagging :).

Mark

That's good to hear Methshin,

I like a man who knows what he likes and sticks to his guns, Respect.
Also with a seperate cab one day you might get another head and you'll be laughing. Once you do that though it's the thin end of the wedge and you might turn into a collector like me, not that that's such a bad thing, but you might have to put up with a bit more nagging :).

Mark

That's why I'm getting the bigger cab and head, so I can drown out the Nagging with rifftastic chugging. And seeing as how I'm seeing Lamb of God and Metallica tonight...

Just found out that my stack, which is in a guitarist's, basement-jam room, got flooded with two feet of water.:( He had no insurance on the place either.
Cue the 'game over' music from the Price Is Right.

Man that's a real shame foundryman, :(

Can you rescue the cab and replace the speakers? I would have thought that if it was thoroughly dried out you might get away with it, hope so.

Mark

That's a real shitter, man. I feel for you and wish all the best.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back