• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

William Birnes.

CapnG said:
I find Birnes hard to follow in this latest episode of the Paracast. He's endlessly rambling about copyright and trademark and repeatedly going over the same shit and I'm waiting for there to a be a point... and waiting... and waiting... gradually slipping into unconciousnessssssssss.....

Yeah, about that whole copyright thing..what was he thinking dragging thought out on paranormal podcast? I actually found it sort of interesting but very out of place.

On the whole I like listening to him. He seems pretty level-headed for someone so involved with UFO-related phenomena. Maybe it would be good to bring him when he can talk more about specific events. But I turned it off half way through because the episode started going into the well-worn tracks Gene and David have been laying...complain about society, complain about the media, complain about this and that. I'm just bored with that now so I moved on.

Out of all the times i've heard Mr. Birnes speak, I still think he flowed the best at the Culture of Contact Conference.

He wasn't boring, he was very pleasant to listen to.

What do you think Jeremy?

Regarding the substance of William Birnes' interview

I finally had a chance to listen to his Corso/UFO Hunter interview, and I was disappointed.

Maybe the truth is in there, and if he drank about 10 fewer cups of coffee a day it could come out. But what mostly came out in the interview, was a rambling, defensive, kitchen sink narrative with more paranthtical comments and footnotes than actual substance. His answers were never simple and to the point. And David gave him several chances to make simple, concise statements to clarify the record about Haut or Corso, but he ended up muddying the water.

I know when my clients go on and on, after first telling me the answer is very simple, and then 5 minutes later they're still narrating some convoluted explanation about why something appears to be a lie but it's really not...I end up doubting my own clients, and that's not good.

The substance of Haut and Corso's stories is so big and compelling that to have a chance to clear up the inconsistences and not deliver was really disappointing. Birnes has had 10 years to fix the list of errors in The Day After Roswell but hasn't done it. He gave a couple vague explanations about two minor points during the interview, but didn't really address the big questions, or explain why the book has gone through 10 editions without a re-write. If anything, I was more concerned about Corso's mental health and motives after his explanations.

Birnes had a chance to simplify the record, but like alot of lawyers, he created more doubt and confusion.

He does ramble on quite a bit. Overall I like him as he reminds me of a grandpa figure, but I do wish he'd get to the point once in a while.

As for his tv show, despite it's other flaws, I am the most annoyed at the fact that he never takes off those damned sunglasses. How irritating and rude to wear them all the time, indoors and during an interview. Does he have a medical condition or does he just think they make him look cool?

I have to hear his Corso interview, tho. I think I found a link to it and I'll check it out later. I wonder if he's aware that he rambles and muddies the water. I would think he'd have to be. But then, why do it? Argh.

Back