• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

William Birnes.

Goody

Sailor Of Mind & Time
I like Mr. Birnes, however the UFOmagazine feature you've incorporated into your segment breaks is absolutely punishing.

I remember someone mentioned that the first advert made them 'want to pull their hair out'. I must confess, if somewhat exaggerated, that it's more distasteful than bringing a most beautiful woman back to your place for drinks & upon getting intimate, discovering that she is actually a man.

That's about it, William keep up the good work.

Just the elongation & exaccerbated emphasis made whilst stringing 3 words together is such a dreadful, boring vibration on the ear drums.

Goody.

Goody said:
I like Mr. Birnes, however the UFOmagazine feature you've incorporated into your segment breaks is absolutely punishing.

I remember someone mentioned that the first advert made them 'want to pull their hair out'. I must confess, if somewhat exaggerated, that it's more distasteful than bringing a most beautiful woman back to your place for drinks & upon getting intimate, discovering that she is actually a man.

That's about it, William keep up the good work.

Just the elongation & exaccerbated emphasis made whilst stringing 3 words together is such a dreadful, boring vibration on the ear drums.

Goody.

Next time I speak with him, we'll try to update the spots :)

You know you can fast forward past them. I know exactly how long to put my finger on the FF button to get past this commercial. I think it is the longest one on the show.

Speaking of Birnes, I know he is a friend of the show and all but I can't help recalling some comments made by James Fox concerning him. That he was actually sued or going to be sued by Corso. I wonder if you guys would ever feel comfortable probing into this question to get a feel if this may be true??

One thing is for sure; & that is that i'll never ever EVER forget again how to get the subscription special....

I can't even think of the magazine title without hearing Birnes inside my skull reminding ever so carefully about how you get it.

Perhaps you should put his psychic skills to the test on the show. :p

Goody said:
One thing is for sure; & that is that i'll never ever EVER forget again how to get the subscription special....

I can't even think of the magazine title without hearing Birnes inside my skull reminding ever so carefully about how you get it.

Perhaps you should put his psychic skills to the test on the show. :p

So you see, the spot works :D

TClaeys said:
You know you can fast forward past them. I know exactly how long to put my finger on the FF button to get past this commercial.

Haha, me too. Though I think I noticed that this particular ad is longer than it used to be, I have to keep the wheel on he Ipod pressed longer than usual. I fast forward through all ads on podcasts generally.

Brian Now said:
TClaeys said:
You know you can fast forward past them. I know exactly how long to put my finger on the FF button to get past this commercial.

Haha, me too. Though I think I noticed that this particular ad is longer than it used to be, I have to keep the wheel on he Ipod pressed longer than usual. I fast forward through all ads on podcasts generally.

Yes it is about 30 seconds longer. Maybe he got carried away a bit. Bit when we talk to him again, I'll urge him to be more concise.

Gene Steinberg said:
Brian Now said:
TClaeys said:

Yes it is about 30 seconds longer. Maybe he got carried away a bit. Bit when we talk to him again, I'll urge him to be more concise.

He's passionate, i'll definately give Bill that. :)

Agreed; it's torture. And that Gene or David do good voice work. Actually the duo-toned robot voice would be an improvement.

Having Birnes shorten his spot isn't going to help. "Passionate" isn't the best word to describe his style--hyper is probably closer.

Maybe that's just his sales pitch style. He's great on TV. Of course someone is editing, but he doesn't seem hyper. He looks rather grand too with the UFO mag hat and tidy looking outfits. I like the guy, just not the ad.

I get the magazine though. I have a CC radio. I'm a sucker for ads, obviously!

It would work if instead of saying it's Bill Birnes you slowed it down with awkward pauses and told us it's Christopher Walken. I think the two deliveries are a heartbeat away.

Yes, William Birnes' add is agonizing. On the other hand, Brad Steiger's ad for Secret Societies and Comspiracy Theories... is great. I still enjoy hearing it, Rod Sterling would appreciate it.

I have not seen his, Bill Burnes, show or magazine but his last interview as VERYYY long winded,

It reminds me of being cornered at a UFO conference and you can't get away!

I am glad there are people like David and Gene talking about this subject.

Manu said:
Agreed; it's torture. And that Gene or David do good voice work. Actually the duo-toned robot voice would be an improvement.

Having Birnes shorten his spot isn't going to help. "Passionate" isn't the best word to describe his style--hyper is probably closer.

I can understand when you smoke Pot you percieve yourself as moving alot faster than you actually are. But Hyper? He just sounds like he's putting it on a tad too much on that ad.

Unless of course, he experiences time on a different scale & that is why he sounds like he is streeeeeetching the words out so painfully; that would explain it, but thats another story.....:p

I think William Birnes's enthusiastic delivery is counter-productive when trying to getting his point across, especially during the latest show. I'm sure his answers to Gene and David's questions were in there somewhere but my ears quickly glazed over.
Maybe I'll take some speed and listen to him again.

I find Birnes hard to follow in this latest episode of the Paracast. He's endlessly rambling about copyright and trademark and repeatedly going over the same shit and I'm waiting for there to a be a point... and waiting... and waiting... gradually slipping into unconciousnessssssssss.....

Back