• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Will Disclosure Happen Under the Radar?

Here's an interview with Nick Pope about the current developments:

I won’t click on a Fox News link. I refuse to give them the web traffic. I also think that any researcher who goes on that channel to heighten their brand and discuss the UFO topic is tacitly supporting the Network’s agenda of disinformation, white supremacy, anti-semitism, and science denial. So, with all due disrespect, fuck you Nick Pope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is "disclosure", really? I think that the concept is purely a provincial and Earth-Centered subjective viewpoint. It is born out of the mistaken belief that homo sapiens are the only reason that these phenomena exist and that humans, being "so advanced" are the subject of intense and focused scrutiny. The fact that "aliens" or some extant non human intelligence has "not shown" itself simply proves that either they do not exist or that what they consider first contact is very different from what the UFO community and most humans consider extraterrestrial contact.
From an alien perspective there is probably little difference between the other great apes on this planet and and man. Consider an alien species or machine intelligence that is perhaps million years or half a million years more advanced than current human beings. The unimaginably advanced technology and or robust social order necessary to maintain such a civilization is far beyond our current, woefully feeble means. On this scale the creation of fire and creating sustained nuclear fission are on par with one another.
If there is any credence to any of the stories regarding alien abductions, then first contact has already occurred and has been a reality for decades, if not for centuries. There is no need to invent complex conspiracies to explain this reality. It is not because some shadow government or sinister, international cabal spends trillions of dollars to keep the UFO secret. It is human arrogance, imagination, and self-importance that demands or reasons that somehow a chaotic, non-homogeneous, collection of over 190 nation states, many presently engaged in armed conflict with each other, somehow merits "official" diplomatic channels with advanced extraterrestrials. There will not be flying saucers on the White House lawn or Geneva, Switzerland anytime soon. Aliens will not create "consulates" on Earth no more that humans would establish official relations with African apes or Pacific dolphins. The idea is simply ludicrous and the only reason it persists is the human failing of lapsed critical thinking and human egotism.
Lastly, I must point to humanity's stubborn to reluctance move beyond its tendency to maintain its willful ignorance. Racism, bigotry, inequality, religious fundamentalism, fervent nationalism, and other destructive behaviors and tendencies illustrates and clearly underscores man's lack of cohesiveness and ability to absorb an extraterrestrial reality. To those who believe that somehow man will magically right itself and move beyond evolved traits and centuries of learned behaviors and become peace loving, altruistic and benevolent human beings en masse' are engaging in pure fantasy. A more accurate assessment would probably involve humans selling each other out to aliens to ensure their preferred ethnic or social group prevails or dominates others as enforcers or sharecroppers for their overlords and masters. If the truth is out there all objective evidence shows that humankind "CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH..."

I won’t click on a Fox News link. I refuse to give them the web traffic. I also think that any researcher who goes on that channel to heighten their brand and discuss the UFO topic is tacitly supporting the Network’s agenda of disinformation, white supremacy, anti-semitism, and science denial. So, with all due disrespect, fuck you Nick Pope.

I’m sure that fact didn’t dissuade Pope, Kean and the others from accepting the invites. But I see your point, especially with Tucker Carlson.

I’m sure that fact didn’t dissuade Pope, Kean and the others from accepting the invites. But I see your point, especially with Tucker Carlson.

Clearly it didn’t. Obviously they all made conscious decisions to ignore what the network, and their pundits like Carlson, espouse and chose media exposure and personal enrichment over having character and integrity. Fuck Leslie Kean. Fuck Nick Pope. Fuck any UFO researchers, authors, podcasters, et al. who go on Fox to essentially promote themselves by talking about UFO’s while conveniently ignoring the inherently negative, untruthful, and destructive platform they’re using to heighten their “brand” to sell books, grow their audience, pad resumés, and boost speaking fees.

The misinformation and vile opinions spewed forth by that network is no joke. They are directly responsible for who is currently in the White House, as well as for the anti-mask, coronavirus-denying, anti-science conspiracy theory-amplifying rhetoric that’s destroying lives and killing people.

I don't disagree with you about Faux News.

But I understand why Pope, Kean and Elizondo are thinking about reaching several million people with factual information about UAPs.

It may weigh against the political considerations. I have no idea if any of them did any soul-searching before coming on, or responding to their newspeople with comments for stories. Even Nancy Polosi and Bernie Sanders appear on Faux News.

Politics is one thing. Whereas I don’t think any politician, regardless of party, should appear on the network given its cultural toxicity and complete disregard of facts and simple human decency, I understand why they do.

In Sander’s case, and full disclosure Bernie was my guy, his only option to transcend the misinformation about his policies and positions was to agree to participate in a town hall and speak directly to the Fox audience. I don’t think it mattered, or helped, but he went into the lion’s den and made his case. The stakes being, ostensibly, the future of the country, not to sell books or get higher speaking fees.

Leslie Kean, Nick Pope, Luis Elizondo, Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell et al. are there to build their own UFO cult followings and hype their own projects. The brazen personal aggrandizement that is so deeply ingrained in Ufology by individuals trying to make it their predominant revenue source has gotten ridiculous. It ends up ultimately corrupting many of these initially well-intentioned seekers. Over time, they sell their soul to the money-generating hype machine and lose much, if not all, of their healthy skepticism, objectivity and integrity. Richard Dolan/Roswell slides event anybody? Ryan Sprague’s slow embrace of TTSA and other dubious characters on his podcast? Alejandro Rojas virtually fellating any UFO-related TV show, it’s hosts, writers, or producers on his former podcast so he can write an article for Den of Geek and get paid? All examples of people in Ufology I used to respect. And it’s not just about showing up on Fox News, it extends to actually appearing on/hosting/producing any number of the crappy, repetitive, unoriginal UFO TV shows that have proliferated since the once juggernaut success of Ancient Aliens. A prime current example being Unidentified, on History.

Well, this post turned into much more of an unhinged rant than I had initially planned. Okay then...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I politely but directly called out Nick Pope on his Twitter feed today after he posted and humble-bragged about recently appearing on Tucker Carlson’s show for the 9th time.

He ignored my premise and made a straw man argument about keeping politics out of it. When I challenged him that it wasn’t about politics but about white supremacy and dangerous misinformation on important issues, he accused me of “screaming” and being “hysterical” and gave me a “final warning” that if I couldn’t behave I (assume) I’d be muted or blocked. I followed up with a few additional firm but polite responses, noting that I never engaged in hyperbole or personal attacks, I merely expressed my displeasure at his support of Carlson/Fox. I also pointed out that most of Carlson’s advertisers have dropped him for exactly the reasons I stated, so it’s clearly just not me being political.

He can’t defend his position so he makes himself out to be the victim of a personal attack and casts me as somehow unhinged. Very disappointing, yet not surprising. I’m sure I’m muted.

I can’t help but think what a sad little man, with zero integrity and poor character. He’s showing the world exactly who he is. I didn’t tweet that because what’s the point but I’m sharing it here in the forum. Sadly, he’s proven to be exactly the man I thought he was.

I'm not a fan of the source, but this story is interesting:

I'm not a fan of the source, but this story is interesting:

I can’t, in good conscience, click on a Newsmax link. I refuse to give them the traffic. If the story has any kind of merit perhaps I’ll find it reported elsewhere.

Update: Found a less loathsome link to the story...

Back