• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Will Disclosure Happen Under the Radar?

Not sure why some guy saying he's given briefings to some other guys about material he doesn't possess is an 'explosive' story.

I mean, it looks cool and interesting if more comes out. But this is really just some guy saying he's seen some stuff and talked to high ranking people about it. A million people have said that.

Already happening in a micro sense and a lot of the credit goes to Don . Who is a man of his word and all those absent friends who watch and listen over the years. You be surprised how many folks listen and follow the credible researchers that include you chaps. On the N.Y.T . and the coming data its just one element. Looking forward listening to this weeks show and watched Mr Don S. lecture on Roswell and he is on the mark and intresting year. U.A.P.s are real and whatever they are who the he'll knows and keep well.

The backstory about Davis' notes is also interesting:

Again we have Bigelow in the mix, and I just can't shake the feeling that guy has some business interest even with this...?

Overall, I agree that a couple of guys talking and writing notes isn't much proof of anything, but the story is interesting, plus the fact that NYT is still on it. I suggest you guys check out the comment section of the article, there are some interesting replies by Ralph Blumenthal there.

Gene, what do you think of having Blumenthal as a guest? I know Leslie Kean is more prominent, but I'd love to hear his take on the whole matter...

Gene, what do you think of having Blumenthal as a guest? I know Leslie Kean is more prominent, but I'd love to hear his take on the whole matter...
Leslie has been on The Paracast several times, and when it comes to these articles, she says she wasn't able to go beyond the details in her articles.

I'll think about Blumenthal.

Already happening in a micro sense and a lot of the credit goes to Don . Who is a man of his word ...
Hmm. Kevin D. Randle seems to have another opinion. That is if the Don S. you're referring to is the same Don S. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Keay Davidson said:
Worse for UFO buffs was the discrediting of a top Roswell investigator, Donald R. Schmitt. Schmitt had co-written a book about the Roswell case and was "director of special investigations" for the most cautious pro-UFO group, the Center for UFO Studies in Illinois, founded by the late astronomer J. Allen Hynek. Schmitt's writings carried special credibility because he claimed an illustrious background in law enforcement.

Then, Gillian Sender, a reporter for Milwaukee magazine, discovered that Schmitt had no background in law enforcement, nor was he working on a doctorate in criminology, as he claimed; he hadn't even finished college. Instead, he was a mail carrier in Hartford, Wis., population 8,000. Schmitt admitted he had "made false statements about certain things."

Schmitt's co-author, Kevin Randle, split with Schmitt and charged in 1995: "I went out on a limb for this guy . . . and he sawed the limb off."

? Tales from the dark side of flying saucer research

Last edited:
OK, the conspiracy theory: Reason that Clinton lost the 2016 election, despite polls indicating a victory, wasn't the result of bad polls, but a deliberate action to prevent her from revealing the truth about UFOs (UAPs) after being elected.

Look at the strangeness surrounding the Russian interference and other factors, including FBI Director Comey's sudden revelation of a new email investigation 10 days before Election Day.

Yes Mr Don Schmitt,
Like I said make up your own mined up not just the on going political argy bargy which this field is full of. Don't forget researchers had been all and made a living from it on the Roswell story and now all out- out. In end the files have not been released ! and those who were there witnessed it ! not second eyewitness ! nor armchair researchers. Also Mr Schmitt has done the legwork. Also , spoken to a number of WW2 eyewitness who flew as fighter pilots who encountered those UAPs , over Europe and the Pacific.Also Submarine crew of WW2 who had similar stories and those of 1950s , 1960s and even today. Whatever they are and its happening all the time over sensitive locations when it chooses. Yes its discussed by higher levels not just researchers and remember sitting in on a disscussion on these objects with higher level ranks and politicans not just researchers who attack those who done thr legwork . They were concerned and puzzeled by the activity. Remebering they had a whole archive on the subject and all the researchers 'digital trickster . Also odd encounter with a official who never disclosed their name or rank even on the front gate was on edge when this individual was allowed in. He was from a different section and listen in on the disscussion. You see its a rabbit warren and no ID no go area. You have Ambassadors and Defence Ministers not just everyday joe blog. Roswell was real and Mr Don Schmitt spot on and the dont give a rats ass what the others think. Also Don Ecker spot on over the years and its a crazy field.

Please note: I'm shooting from the hip here, but doesn't it make some sense?
It would given her stated interest in the topic, and her commitment into looking into it.

However, she's also quite rational. If they gave her a reason to keep it quiet, she probably would have - just like her husband.

Trump on the other hand just randomly does stuff, so if I were in charge, I'd consider him a higher risk that Hillary on letting that secret out.

Trump on the other hand just randomly does stuff, so if I were in charge, I'd consider him a higher risk that Hillary on letting that secret out.
The "secret" has been out ever since Ruppelt revealed during early August, 1948, that USAF analysts from Project Sign concluded that UFOs are "interplanetary". What's not been made public are all the details we've learned since then. However we can extrapolate. For example, given what we now know about our solar system, UFOs are probably interstellar rather than interplanetary.

So today, even if the PTB came right out and said UFOs are interstellar craft, they wouldn't be telling us anything we don't already know. The rest are details, so it's curious why they don't admit to at least as much as what is already publicly known. Could it be that apart from cases stemming from classified militarily tracking systems or equipment, they know even less than we do?

Going back to the OP. This means disclosure has already been made under the radar, and nobody but a handful of UFO enthusiasts who have assigned it far more importance than the rest of the world really cares much.

Last edited:
Yes Mr Don Schmitt ...
Yup. Mr. Don Schmitt
Also Don Ecker spot on over the years and it's a crazy field.
Don and I have had our differences in the evaluation of Ingo Swann as well as his take on the Space Shuttle footage. I'm satisfied that neither are anything particularly special, and even if they are, neither is sufficient evidence. But we all have our blind spots ( even me ).

Last edited:
Yup. Mr. Don Schmitt

Don and I have had our differences in the evaluation of Ingo Swann as well as his take on the Space Shuttle footage. I'm satisfied that neither are anything particularly special, and even if they are, neither is sufficient evidence. But we all have our blind spots ( even me ).
Yes USI Calgary ,
It the fact all seeking answers and Mars will turn up more clues . Enough academic papers have suggested large deposit under the surface and they can do it for Mars image what they know about the Moon.

Long distance space-net and A.I. in five years at a advance pace ? Whats the hurry?? As stated whatever the U.A.P/U.F.O. (not ruling out parts are human technology and still plenty that keeps us guessing).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. Kevin D. Randle seems to have another opinion. That is if the Don S. you're referring to is the same Don S. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[emoji3166] Tales from the dark side of flying saucer research

Let’s not forget Schmitt’s enthusiastic promotion of the fraudulent Roswell Slides and subsequent participation in the May 2015 BeWitness event in Mexico City with Jaimie Mausan that defrauded thousands of people a total of hundreds of thousands of dollars. That shit was criminal and should have been investigated and people should have been charged with fraud. I’m looking at you Jaimie, Tom Carey, Adam Dew, and Don Schmitt. They were all involved neck deep in the hoax. Schmitt’s belated mea culpa rings especially hollow. None involved should have any credibility left. Yet look who has been on Martin Willis’ Podcast UFO broadcasts twice this month talking about Roswell? Don Schmitt. Like nothing ever happened. Again, it’s that kind of “amnesia” by UFO broadcasters and fellow researchers that discredits the entire UFO field, whatever that means.

Ufology, as a collective whole, tolerates and supports way too many hucksters, idiots and frauds. Too few participants, that have a platform and some measure of clout, consistently and vocally call out these bad actors by name and transgression as they should. It should be part of the responsibility of being taken seriously as a writer, researcher, or broadcaster of UFO and paranormal content. The Paracast is better than most but even Gene goes into his bullshit “those who shall not be named” schtick rather than educate listeners about who to avoid. Name and shame, baby! Let’s clean this field up.

Less Don Schmitts, more Don Eckers.

Let’s not forget Schmitt’s enthusiastic promotion of the fraudulent Roswell Slides and subsequent participation in the May 2015 BeWitness event in Mexico City with Jaimie Mausan that defrauded thousands of people a total of hundreds of thousands of dollars. That shit was criminal and should have been investigated and people should have been charged with fraud. I’m looking at you Jaimie, Tom Carey, Adam Dew, and Don Schmitt. They were all involved neck deep in the hoax. Schmitt’s belated mea culpa rings especially hollow. None involved should have any credibility left. Yet look who has been on Martin Willis’ Podcast UFO broadcasts twice this month talking about Roswell? Don Schmitt. Like nothing ever happened. Again, it’s that kind of “amnesia” by UFO broadcasters and fellow researchers that discredits the entire UFO field, whatever that means.

Ufology, as a collective whole, tolerates and supports way too many hucksters, idiots and frauds. Too few participants, that have a platform and some measure of clout, consistently and vocally call out these bad actors by name and transgression as they should. It should be part of the responsibility of being taken seriously as a writer, researcher, or broadcaster of UFO and paranormal content. The Paracast is better than most but even Gene goes into his bullshit “those who shall not be named” schtick rather than educate listeners about who to avoid. Name and shame, baby! Let’s clean this field up.

Less Don Schmitts, more Don Eckers.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Now and then I get things wrong and I really appreciate those like yourself who let us know and help keep us on our toes. At the same time, there are times when it can be fun to speculate and just throw things out there to see who will bite. This week we have Preston Dennett on. Sometimes he goes "out there" but then again, who doesn't from time to time, and for some reason I've always liked him.

I thinks it's because I don't see him as the kind of person who is intentionally out to defraud or mislead. I think he writes honestly and brings us some very interesting stories. Even if like so many others, they are unverifiable, they are still interesting. Here's the QB link in case you'd like to post a question or two: Preston Dennett - UFO Encounters & More

...At the same time, there are times when it can be fun to speculate and just throw things out there to see who will bite. This week we have Preston Dennett on. Sometimes he goes "out there" but then again, who doesn't from time to time, and for some reason I've always liked him.

I couldn’t agree more. Preston is a veteran guest and always has something interesting to share with the audience. He’s a bit too much of a “true believer” for my tastes, lacks a bit of healthy skepticism, but he’s genuine, and has no problem talking about his latest research with enthusiasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’m looking at you Jaimie, Tom Carey, Adam Dew, and Don Schmitt.

Well, Richard Dolan also half-heartedly jumped on that "cha-ching-ko demayo" bandwagon, and David Rudiak and Tony Bragalia were vociferously dissing any dissent from the ET narrative over at Kevin Randle's blog on the Not Roswell Slides, in those days.

These days, it might be helpful to keep in mind that Leslie Kean has been reporting about such issues a long time. I happened to stumble across a link to an old UFO UpDate post in which Kenny Young reviews one of Ms. Kean's articles for the Boston Globe just a few months over 20 years ago. Young's post is titled:

Boston Globe: Naval Reserve Commander Willard H. Miller

Interesting that, according to Young's post, one of the subjects of Kean's article is USNR Commander Willard H. Miller. Also interesting that CMDR Miller is very closely associated with Dr. Steven Greer, and according to Young's post, actually "completed Advanced UFO/ETI Research Training in Charlottesville, Virginia in May of 1999" which I believe is Dr. Greer's course for contacting UFOnauts "at the speed of thought" as he said in one of his videos. CMDR Miller was also present at the Greer, Mitchell "briefing" of Adm Wilson back in 1997, and lo and behold, is also allegedly the author of a letter included as pages three and four of the recently wave-making 15 pages of notes of the alleged Davis-Wilson interview. What I found interesting, is that Richard Dolan, this time whole-heartedly jumping on the "notes are authentic" bandwagon, stated a year ago about these alleged notes, here (in the second paragraph) at Keith Basterfield's blog:

I can say definitively that Steven Greer has absolutely nothing to do with this document.​

Hummmm. Why does RMD come across quite a bit on the defensive side about possible involvement of Dr. Greer ---
The UFO researcher doth protest too much, methinks. I'm not saying RMD knowingly said something he knew was not accurate. But Mr. Dolan already has shown an inclination of trusting others when he would probably be better off sitting silent and waiting a bit.

I would be interested to read of some actual self-described ufo researchers (which I am not) getting in touch with CMDR Miller and seeing if he would contribute his knowledge to these continuing developments. Somehow, I have my doubts . . .

Back