• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Why is UFO disclosure happening?

jratcliff

Skilled Investigator
Hey, I'm just as skeptical about UFO disclosure by the US Gummint as anyone else. I think the exopolitical movement and others are all way off track.

Personally, the only UFO disclosure I personally want to see happen is from the jack-asses flying the UFOs themselves. They are the ones I have a bone to pick with.

However, what I find particularly curious is that fact that UFO disclosure *is* happening right now.

We have had UFO disclosure from Canada, Britain, France, Brazil, and others.

In fact, there's been so much disclosure from so many governments that I kind of wonder where the hard-core skeptics have a foot to stand on any more. It's not like these disclosure documents give any indication that the entire thing is hoax, miss-identification, etc. Many of the cases are very hard core indeed.

In most of these events the disclosure has been somewhat limited. We have no knock out videos or photographs, per se. But it is a form of official disclosure nonetheless.

In light of the recent program with AJ from Brazil, you have to wonder seriously if these disclosure movements around the world are really just random events or not.

Note that the disclosures are releasing some really good material, but not necessarily any 'smoking gun' type evidence. Considering the idea of just how deeply involved the US military and intelligence agencies were, at least in Brazil, with these UFO events, you really have to wonder wouldn't they hold some strong opinion about how any disclosure event might occur?

I have held to a theory for a long time that, at the same time that intelligence agencies are spreading disinformation and ridicule about UFOs they are also, simultaneously, slowly inoculating the population to the idea that they are real.

And, inoculation is exactly the right word. As more and more of these disclosure events happen in country after country in the world, we find that more and more the general population has come to accept the idea of UFOs being real.

Whether planned or not, the effect is the same. The average person on the planet earth has been exposed to the idea of UFOs, the majority believe they are real, and I doubt very seriously that anyone would be all that shocked were it announced that this were true in the form of some 'official statement' from government agencies.

Really, the only thing that would be potentially shocking at this time would be occupants themselves directly interacting with us. On the other hand, a sighting, even an overt sighting 'balloon boy' style, would probably barely muster much past a human interest story at this point.

What do you think? Are the disclosures (limited as they may be) by governments around the world a coordinated process with an agenda of inoculating the world population to the idea that UFOs are real, or is it just some random sequence of events to shut up the UFO kooks who keep demanding the release of these documents?

John

What do you think? Are the disclosures (limited as they may be) by governments around the world a coordinated process with an agenda of inoculating the world population to the idea that UFOs are real, or is it just some random sequence of events to shut up the UFO kooks who keep demanding the release of these documents?

John

Its cheaper to vomit in bulk than to have to process individual requests.

The fact that a large country like the U.S. doesn't follow suit gives credibility to the idea that the USA is privy to some pretty exclusive and controversial data. ;)

Another possibility is that there is no budget allocation for such an initiative.

Maybe someone should request from their state rep. a full accounting of FOIA costs sorted by type of request. If it costs 100 M$ to process UFO-related documentation... isn't it time to dump the data to a web site ?

Cash is King !! (Alex Spanos)

The Argentinian goverment also doesn't release his extensive ufo archive, and nobody's give a damn. But I am idiot in a board full of genius, nobody cares what I think:rolleyes:.

Uh, what disclosure? Everybody says they're doing it, but as far as I can tell, there's no 'there' there. Mundane stuff. Lights in the sky. Yawn!

I agree with Schuyler. All they are releasing is sighting reports.

And yeah, some are interesting. VERY interesting. But so what? What we need is official 'acknowledgement' that something is going on. The release of public sighting docs doesn't acknowledge a damn thing about the reality of what's going on.

Uh, what disclosure? Everybody says they're doing it, but as far as I can tell, there's no 'there' there. Mundane stuff. Lights in the sky. Yawn!

Agreed! Its all about perception, not reality. If they release trash they can then claim to be coming clean without divulging anything. It's a brilliant strategy really. It is an easy way to maintain the status quo while appearing to do something profound. From that point of view, welcome to the only "disclosure" event you will ever see.

"UFO disclosure" by the United States happened decades ago, with the release of the Project Blue Book files. Over 50,000 government documents related to the UFO phenomenon can be found for free, on-line at: http://www.bluebookarchive.org/. Some of those old Blue Book reports yielded interesting cases, that researchers followed up on - a good example is the Kelly Johnson case, which was buried for years, and then later researched by Brad Sparks and others (the original Blue Book file can be seen at: http://www.nicap.org/lockufo3.html).

All of these other countries are just catching up.

As for the kind of "disclosure" that true believers in the ETH hope for, if there are aliens up there, it will come on their terms, not ours.

Paul

Back