• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Why is RSPK the primary explanation for poltergeists?

scott

Skilled Investigator
I'm baffled:confused: Most paranormal investigators will tell you all poltergeist activity is the result of RSPK, Recurrent Spontaneous Psychokinesis. Their explanation is reasonable--when the catalyst/person is removed, the activity stops. But in many poltergeist cases there are also classic hauntings, some interactive, some apparently residual. What makes it more plausible for a human being to psychically and unconsciously cause his house to burn, than for an unseen entity to do the same?

scott said:
I'm baffled:confused: Most paranormal investigators will tell you all poltergeist activity is the result of RSPK, Recurrent Spontaneous Psychokinesis. Their explanation is reasonable--when the catalyst/person is removed, the activity stops. But in many poltergeist cases there are also classic hauntings, some interactive, some apparently residual. What makes it more plausible for a human being to psychically and unconsciously cause his house to burn, than for an unseen entity to do the same?

Yeah, I have seen this so many times over the years where a lot of people have just decided poltergeists are the psyches of agitated teenagers. Brad Steiger, I believe, is a famous one who keeps saying it is usually a teenage female who is going through puberty (or "poooberty" as he pronounces it). But I think even he has room for other options. I don't see why one theory is really any more plausible than another when we are talking about an invisible source that we can't truly identify. But I have never experienced these things or investigated them. I just think it is human nature for people to develop "party lines" so to speak and then be reluctant to budge.

If a person actually has the power to throw books across a room with just the mind, shouldn't we be studying this power? I mean, I'd love to get things done around the house while I'm laying around watching baseball.:D

Stigmata people can cause gaping wounds in their bodies with, we're told, just their minds. Maybe those same people also have the power to cure. If indeed certain people have the talent or curse to create violent disturbances simply with their emotions then shouldn't we try to find a way to harness this, use this for our benefit?

Sometimes I wonder if the poltergeist "agent," teenager or not, is doing something, but it's not psychokinetic, it's magnetic. As in, attracting mischievous entities to them. What do you think?

scott said:
If a person actually has the power to throw books across a room with just the mind, shouldn't we be studying this power? I mean, I'd love to get things done around the house while I'm laying around watching baseball.:D

Stigmata people can cause gaping wounds in their bodies with, we're told, just their minds. Maybe those same people also have the power to cure. If indeed certain people have the talent or curse to create violent disturbances simply with their emotions then shouldn't we try to find a way to harness this, use this for our benefit?

Sometimes I wonder if the poltergeist "agent," teenager or not, is doing something, but it's not psychokinetic, it's magnetic. As in, attracting mischievous entities to them. What do you think?

Exactly what I was going to say. I think some of these incidents are psychokinetic, but often, it's a chatoic-energetic human drawing chaotic energy to them. Puberty is a "target" time, b/c most kids are in turmoil...energy and hormones are running amok, but really, any time a person's energy level reaches that specific pitch (whatever it may be), poltergeist activity can happen. Sometimes a person causes it, sometimes they're just opening the door.

I'm not sure what to make of the poltergeist phenomena.

I should have some people over to do a true investigation of my house.

Just so they could know what a Non-Haunted house was like.

Tommy Allison said:
I'm not sure what to make of the poltergeist phenomena.

I should have some people over to do a true investigation of my house.

Just so they could know what a Non-Haunted house was like.

like a control group! hehe..I've been in non-haunted houses before...they feel...flat. There's no energy pinging off of you...no spooky "somebody's watching me" areas.

Tonight on <b>America's Least Frightening, Most Non-Haunted Houses</b>:<p> Our team goes hunting for absolutely nothing out of the ordinary -- <i>and finds it!!</i>

emptydrum said:
Tonight on <b>America's Least Frightening, Most Non-Haunted Houses</b>:<p> Our team goes hunting for absolutely nothing out of the ordinary -- <i>and finds it!!</i>

I've seen some non-haunted houses during my investigations, but Mr. Allison's was THE most non-haunted house I've ever witnessed! The non-paranormal activity there was staggering.
hehehe

The point about there being no real "control" case against which to measure street-level paranormal phenomena is a good one though. It's like trying to diagnose a sick person without having some baseline definition of "health". So we are left with investigators making arbitrary use of measuring equipment which may or may not be entirely or even somewhat up to the task. And this coupled with the subjective experience of self-proclaimed "psychics" and "sensitives" creates an environment in which there is not a lack of data per se, but rather a preponderance of data with dubious provenance and relevance....

That being said, I personally have no idea what would pass for "good" data in terms of detecting poltergeist or other such phenomena. So I guess that makes me a "Nasty Noisy Negativist" according to some folks! ;-)

alucard here, poltergeists are classically known for causing mischief around the house and or rooms, however and please remember I always say that when I speak it is just my opinion only, i can only speak for myself and my own experiances and studys. I believe that they are entities , not something manifested from a pubescent girl, what the heck is that? If that was true then they would surely be capable of other such things as healing and moving heavy objects anything that would be of a positive nature, am I being led to believe that these women are doing these things without knowing it, telekenesis, shit they would be burning up the planet everytime it was that time of the month. Maybe its just me but I do not buy it.I f someone said to me that a poltergeist was a ghost of a out of control child that would make more sense ie: hiding car keys moving furniture that sort of stuff. So what about SHC? , if they had no control wouldn't they be more likelt to spont. human .combust,?Back off Im bleeding I swear I will take all you bullys out. I just do not get it maybe i am the one who needs help, well I really do but thats another story. Take care all and by the way please do not take my comments seriously as I was only making light and trying to get a laugh and I do realise for some it is a serious problem but I meant no harm, I care about you all, Alucard

Alucard again sorry one more thing, I think raevnskye said it they are opening a door and I too believe exactly that maybe with all the hormones running amok, its opning a portal into possibly another dimension and leting things in. I was also thinking have you noticed when a new mother flips and kills her children and they say god told them to do it and its put down as piost partum deppression? why couldn't that also be the women opening a portal and a demonic spirit is possessing her telling her he is god and to kill the kids because theyb are evil? does that sound plausable?

Back