• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Why is Global Warming a Hoax??

Free episodes:

I said only if the ice originally rested on a land mass or something else would it increase the water levels of the planet's oceans/seas. that is where OuterJoin disagreed with me.

Oh ok, I misread you.

Other things I agree with:
Water vapor is a greenhouse gas
Climatology is not a full-fledged science.
We don't know all of the factors yet.

Things I don't agree with:
That there is absolutely no human factor.
That AGW is a lie on the part of some sinister carbon tax conspiracy.
That taking responsible steps to curb carbon emissions destroy prosperity.

Schuuyler, those were great articles with some great info. Thanks for sharing the research. I could remember reading an article about the reduction in water vapor levels but I couldn't find it. I was hesitant to mention it without having my ammo ready. I wish there was a way to bookmark a particular thread. I would like to be able to get back to this one in a few months when the temperatures start getting warmer and the inevitable debate starts in earnest.

Oh ok, I misread you.

Other things I agree with:
Water vapor is a greenhouse gas
Climatology is not a full-fledged science.
We don't know all of the factors yet.

Things I don't agree with:
That there is absolutely no human factor.
That AGW is a lie on the part of some sinister carbon tax conspiracy.
That taking responsible steps to curb carbon emissions destroy prosperity.

My opinion on those items in those lists matches yours. :)

Obviously I'm no conspiracy nut, but this shit scares me, these guys are messing with stuff on a level that we've got no business to be

HAARP documentary
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5584510125747680812&ei=nV2_ScL6IqSs-gGYq5XKAQ&q=haarp

Conspiracy nut! :p

HAARP is one of the most interesting areas for me as a huge fan of Tesla. I am not sure what is legit and what is outrageous with HAARP, but the things I feel it can do are rather amazing and scary as well.

I know this thread has cooled off, but I'd like to link this article from NYTimes featuring a physicist named Freeman Dyson. I haven't read the entire 8 page article yet (as if that is a lot), but what I have read is quite interesting. He is quite interesting. Anyway, thought it worthy of sharing in this thread.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/29/magazine/29Dyson-t.html?_r=1&ref=science

We'll have to send all the starving polar bears to his place.

I agree with a lot of his personal views but I'll have to disagree with most of his stances on climate change being a good thing. I think his views are a little too oversimplified, especially coming from a scientist who should know there are unaccounted for variables in his rebuttals. For example "warming in cold areas and not hot areas getting hotter" (which is exactly what the hypothesis predicts) the melting of Arctic permafrost releases CO2 into the atmosphere, - it's a positive feedback loop.

I have to agree with him about Gore - you know this is the problem when you have an uneducated people - or are only educated in banking and stealing money and not the natural world. Things have to be sensationalized before they stick in someone's head... pisses me off.

Richard Feynman is my hero - Tana Tuva or Bust!!!!!

Back