• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Who is a scientist?

From a natural (scientific) perspective within the universe, there appears to be no such purpose. Creationists generally argue that there IS natural evidence of such a purpose, which makes their argument contradictory to current science.

While I don't disagree with that perspecitve being the dominent one as far as current science goes I still don't agree with it. To me the fact that we are even discussing things such as the paranormal or if we are man or machine or spirit or chemical is evidence of purpose. Natural Selection has purpose. Although, natural selection isn't a thing that can be grasped and held and counted it's apparent to people with lots of letters after their name and I take their word for it because I truly know next to nothing beyond my basic biology and natural science courses from college.
I started to ramble here but then I deleted it. :) Which is the answer to another argument. Proof read before ya post and just delete stuff if you don't feel you said it right or if (as in my case) you got to long winded. :)

Cool exo ... What kind of scope do you use? I was toying with the idea of getting this one ...

View attachment spookiness.pdf

The ad ( Link on picture ) for it says:

Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube
List Price: $5,589.95 But they're selling it new with shipping for $2,999

I once took an astronomy course at university and I got to use the reflector telescope at the Rothney Observatory here in Calgary. You could see the spot on Jupiter and see it's moons too. It was pretty cool.

j.r.

I have a Meade LX200 10" schmitt cassegrain that I use for serious observations, and I have a Skyquest 12" dobsonian I use just to look around. It's got a better field of view than the Meade, is MUCH easier to use and set up, and on a low power eyepiece it's just full of stars.
In my astronomy classes at Appalachian State I had to take ccd images of galaxies hunting for supernova for a class with a computer controlled 36" telescope.It was exciting at first, but after a few times of putting in coordinates and doing preprogrammed photo sessions, it got boring. It didn't have the capability for visual observations, just camera work.

Back