• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whistleblowers & Truth Seekers

State of the Media and the Future of Dissent​

A discussion with former radio talk show host Danielle Smith
on the state of traditional and social media in Canada

And so much for the claims that conservatives are unduly censored by Facebook:

Better watch out for those "problematic actors". Who knows what sort of wacky conspiracy theory they'll think-up next. Maybe they're in league with the unholy unvaccinated clusters. Before; it was "the invisible enemy". Now it's your next door perfectly healthy neighbor who survived the pandemic without a vaccine. Suddenly they're the big threat. Right? Wait a minute: Threat against who? I thought that was the whole point of getting vaccinated? So the virus would no longer pose a significant risk to them? Right? Otherwise, what's the point?

Wait a minute. Scratch that rant. This is about Donald Trump Jr. I have no idea what that's all about. Some alleged cover-up of some alleged crime. What's the deal? Sorry. I don't follow politics much. I've been too busy trying to get my websites updated, and I'm on the down-side of my manic-depressive cycle. It's a rough combo. I'm not a JavaScript Wiz. It takes me time to figure it all out as I go. That's hard when right in the middle of it my brain just says it's had enough and wants to sleep.

Last edited:
No a threat against unvaccinated people if they are infected. It’s happening right now.
There's no evidence any one of them is a "threat". Being unvaccinated doesn't mean you automatically carry the disease ( it's a presumptions of guilt without evidence ), and even if some do carry the disease there's no guarantee they'll pass it to anyone else, and even if they do, the likelihood of any healthy person dying from it is very small, and last but not least, vaccinated people can also carry and transmit the disease, albeit at a lower rate, but that is offset by their sheer numbers.

So in reality, the people who didn't get vaccinations, and don't want them are no more of a 'threat" ( in general ) than anyone else ( in general ). But now they're the new enemy? Perfectly healthy people who have done nothing wrong? All they're guilty of is making the germaphobes more afraid than the great fear campaign already has. Actually, they're not even guilty of that. It's whoever is making this into a big deal by writing articles that get the germaphobes mad at perfectly normal healthy people going about their daily business.

They're seriously getting on my nerves. We have no more mask bylaw here now, and today over 90% of the people I saw at the supermarket were still masking, including young people, who in the extremely unlikely circumstance that they catch COVID, are unlikely to get very sick from it, if they even know they have it at all.

Last edited:
More than two thirds of adult Americans have been vaccinated.

Over 99% of those in hospitals with COVID-19 infections are not vaccinated.

Do the math.

More than two thirds of adult Americans have been vaccinated.

Over 99% of those in hospitals with COVID-19 infections are not vaccinated.

Do the math.
First of all, one of the things I've learned not to trust in this pandemic is statistics. PCR testing is notoriously misleading. Being in a hospital "with" COVID is also very different from being in a hospital for other reasons along "with" COVID, and those who are really sick "from" COVID are in the vast minority of the general population. But every seemingly healthy person is now a "threat" to them? Let's get real. People have been pandemified and coronaphobicized ( wow spell check thinks that's a real word ). Healthy people going about their daily business aren't the enemy. They're just people getting on with their lives.

What "facts". The fact that if you don't have the virus you're not sick, and therefore no threat to anyone? What about the people having to go to the hospital because of the vaccine? Where's those stats?

Last edited:
It's about the fact that the people who get sick by and large were not vaccinated, which therefore means that you have a far greater risk of getting sick if you are not vaccinated.

So if you want to play the odds, fine, but if you do get sick lock yourself up so you don't infect someone else.

Okay here's another stat from up here, so down there it's probably more: There have been 8,972 total adverse events following immunization reports (0.023% of all doses administered). Interesting how that 0.023% is about the same as I calculated my chance of actually getting COVID is where I live, and if I were to catch it, my chance of dying is only 6%, which happens to be the same likelihood that the vaccine won't be effective for me.

And

COVID SCIENCE-More unvaccinated U.S. adolescents hospitalized; myocarditis may be rare vaccine side effect in teens:

There's always more to the story. This is a very complex topic with lots of pros and cons. It will be a long time before really reliable data on how it was all managed can be properly weighed, and it's much harder to find stats that are contrary to the primary agenda. They are no doubt being suppressed.

I've done a lot of surfing over the years and it's so obvious to me that the status-quo is to be promoted, and anything that suggests otherwise is to be moved to page 30 of the search results. It's really obvious on Google where they've even got extra banners. I switched to Yahoo and it was marginally better.

Every day we used to get reports on how many people were hospitalized because of COVID, even if it was wrong and had to be retracted the next day. I can't find any daily reports for the number of people who have had to call EMS after having bad vaccine reactions NONE. But we know that up here there's been serious side effects reported, and I doubt that the young people experiencing myocarditis aren't seeing a doctor.

There's a major media spin going on, and it's trying to demonize people who don't want the damned vaccine. If people want to be germaphobes, then they should go do it in their own space and leave the rest of us normal people alone. If they're vaccinated then they shouldn't be nearly as paranoid as they're being, and if those who don't want to get vaccinated know the risks, which are probably far less than many other things we routinely deal with in life. Let them take their chances. All you vaccinated people are now "safe", and the rest of us accept the risk.

Last edited:
You're playing the odds, and you can play them as you wish. Alas, if you become infected with COVID-19, you may not have symptoms, or minor symptoms you do not notice. Hence you will be a potential spreader of the disease, possibly to someone who is in danger of getting a severe case, who might become hospitalized, so it's not just your odds you're playing with, but someone else's. Think about it.

Let's put this in perspective:
  • More than 775,000 children, ages 14 and younger, are treated in hospital emergency rooms for sports-related injuries each year. Most of the injuries occurred as a result of falls, being struck by an object, collisions, and overexertion during unorganized or informal sports activities. SOURCE

So what do we do? Ban kids from playing sports? Then let's add car accidents. and how about starvation and poverty, which the lockdowns just pushed into overdrive. People have lost perspective with their obsession over a disease that isn't nearly as bad as was initially feared.

Last edited:
You're playing the odds, and you can play them as you wish. Alas, if you become infected with COVID-19, you may not have symptoms, or minor symptoms you do not notice. Hence you will be a potential spreader of the disease, possibly to someone who is in danger of getting a severe case, who might become hospitalized, so it's not just your odds you're playing with, but someone else's. Think about it.
So what? People have been spreading germs and living with them and surviving them for hundreds of thousands of years. I will not be coronaphobicized. Get a Moon suit if you want. I am a normal healthy person who has followed the rules all along, and am going to get back to living as normal a life as I can, and I don't want the post-pandemic germaphobes giving me a hard time. Is that really too much to ask?

Last edited:
Let's put this in perspective:
  • More than 775,000 children, ages 14 and younger, are treated in hospital emergency rooms for sports-related injuries each year. Most of the injuries occurred as a result of falls, being struck by an object, collisions, and overexertion during unorganized or informal sports activities. SOURCE

So what do we do? Ban kids from playing sports? Then let's add car accidents. and how about starvation and poverty, which the lockdowns just pushed into overdrive. People have lost perspective with their obsession over a disease that isn't nearly as bad as was initially feared.
Except for the 4 million who died from it, the hospital workers who worked overtime to deal with the influx of patients. Need I go on?

No, you'll simply state that the added number of deaths was due to people killing themselves or something.

Except for the 4 million who died from it, the hospital workers who worked overtime to deal with the influx of patients. Need I go on?

No, you'll simply state that the added number of deaths was due to people killing themselves or something.
Why bother. I haven't claimed there's no virus, or that people haven't died from it. I've pointed out that misreporting and media spin isn't exclusive to the sources you ( whoever you happen to be ) don't agree with, and that a lot of perfectly healthy people have been affected in a bad way by the pandemic management measures, and that many very well qualified medical scientists and professionals don't agree with the way it's been handled, and that vaccines should not be made mandatory, and that many people have become coronphobicized.

My neighbor's kid, who used to be an outgoing happy little guy was just diagnosed with a learning disorder due to the isolation caused by pandemic management. This doesn't have to be a "You're either with us or against us" discussion, unless you happen to be on the pro-mandatory vaccination train. in which case, yes, whoever takes-up that fight is going to have one. I'll be one of the "crazy people" barricaded inside my home saying that what gets injected into a person's body is up to the individual.

What's next? Roving mobile vaccination units targeting anyone who doesn't want it? Wait for it ...

Back