• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What's the best documentary you've seen?

Free episodes:

DFWMike

Skilled Investigator
This question comes to mind after watching the crap that is fastwalkers. I had heard from several people that it was a solid documentary. I'm going to have to go back and ask them what kind of drugs they are on after seeing it. They had a few credible sources on there, but then they throw some real screwballs on there and some very silly ufo videos that are obviously fake being presented as real sightings. Rather disappointing, I actually managed to get my wife to sit down and watch it to try and swing her into believing in ufo's and then they put out that crap, now she thinks it's more of a sideshow than ever.

I have yet to see "The Phoenix lights", is that better? I'm open to whatever suggestions you guys may have to show my wife some that people are credible in this field(emphasis on some). I just bought Richard Dolan's book in Roswell, but I doubt she'll wade through all of that.

Stanton Friedman's videos are good. The first half of the Jennings ufo special is good. I've seen tons of ufo documentaries, unfortunately the names rarely stick in my mind.

Alien autopsy, hands down. The only documentary where you can see a real alien being dissected. Commander riker is in it too. I think he shot it while taking some leave from starfleet.

. . . I'm kidding, of course.

-DBTrek

DFWMike said:
This question comes to mind after watching the crap that is fastwalkers. I have yet to see "The Phoenix lights", is that better? I'm open to whatever suggestions you guys may have to show my wife some that people are credible in this field(emphasis on some). I just bought Richard Dolan's book in Roswell, but I doubt she'll wade through all of that.

I have yet to see a decent credible documentary video. I have a video called "Crop Circles" which tries very hard to be credible on that subject. I think I got it from Freddy Silva's site or http://www.cropcircleresearch.org .
As for books on UFO's, I like "The Secret Team" (forgot the author) and "The Hunt for Zero Point" by Nick Cook. Also, there's a book called "Out There" which does a good job of showing how there is definitely a coordinated effort to keep people from actually finding out solid answers. It's more of a book about the UFO community than finding answers, but it was done by a serious reporter trying to find answers, not someone with a particular agenda.

I can't separate UFO's into a specialized field anymore. Like Richard Dolan, I find too many connections to hidden politics. When you look into things like 9/11 and Iran/Contra ("Crossing the Rubicon" by Michael Ruppert and "The Conspirators" by Al Martin), and you already have an interest in UFOs, you start to see how the compartmentalization of information is just a symptom of the overall method of separating the information from the public. Black budgets, ignored agencies (very little is said about the NSA these days except people worried about their cell phone conversations with their shrink being private), illusory incompetence in government (come ON! the 'idiots' in government brought us stealth, the moon, the ISS, etc.), rigged elections, missing trillions of dollars, etc.

As Aaron MacGruder put it in the Boondocks comic: "All conspiracies lead to George Bush."
I haven't figured out if Cheney is a subset or a superset of that....
Blogs & Columns, Blog Directory - The Washington Post

Perhaps UFOs aren't really her interest. Maybe she can go at it from the political standpoint and sneak into the UFO subject from the back door instead. The simple secrecy concerning something that supposedly 'doesn't concern' the government ought to raise some flags with anyone. What if the subject was food distribution and contamination risks, and the government said "we're not concerned with that"; yet they are getting the state governments to force every single farmer to put a chip in every single animal, while refusing to allow independent meat packers to test every one of their animals for mad cow disease. WHASSUPWIDDAT?

Go out & watch 'The Brandon Corey Story' :p

I turned it off after 20 minutes, what a waste of friggin' time Truth Seeker Tv.

I'm so disappointed, it was hyped up so much on....Yes, you guessed it 'Above Top Secret'... & I want a refund on my 20 minutes.

As far as UFOlogical documentaries are concerned, I'm not too sure i've seen any real good ones...'Out of The Blue' was okay for it's mundaneness factor. It was more of a general entree' for those not in the know of subjects concerning this field & the history of the American Governments secrecy.

I do dare you all to check out the Brandon Corey Story online; should you wish for a good laugh.

I think "Out of the Blue" is a pretty decent doc, and it can be seen in it's entirety here.

Hopefully, we'll have one of the people behind it on The Paracast sometime soon. I think we can do a better interview job than Larry King did the other night, that guy is getting a little old for this game.

dB

I have yet to see a REAL documentary on the UFO phenomenon that I haven't already seen, heard, or read everything about somewhere else.

There is nothing new with the UFO phenomenon when it comes to sightings, or experiencers as far as I'm concerned. I think that until we actually have contact, real unadulterated footage of said contact, nothing will change. We'll keep getting the same experts, the same footage, the same people talking about how they were abducted, and of course, the same disingenuous coverage that we see in the media.

In this day and age where everyone has a cell phone, and a camera built into it, one would think we'd start seeing footage more often.

I'm of the mind that if you capture footage, or have evidence, the first thing you should do is call NBC, not fricking Coast To Coast. Call the mainstream media, and then make damned sure you have copies of everything, and give them NOTHING physical that you can't travel with.

Well, I figured as much. I have seen quite a few bad ones, I figured if there was a good one out there, someone in this crowd would know about it. And to the poster above, no, ufo's(or whatever the lecturers say they should be called these days) aren't really my wife's interest, lol. She had managed to gravitate toward it with a curiosity. Then, because I'm smart, I decided to show her a video with alot of stephen greer and charles hall (who witnessed a few hundred tall whites at nellis afb) in it, with a few other quacks thrown in to the mix with a only a few people that even make sense. Needless to say the curiosity turned into a snicker.

And yes, I did know who was in it, but I didn't know that fastwalkers would focus on the quack jobs, of course in retrospect I should've. Btw, thanks for link David, I'll check that out.

I really liked David Sereda's "Dan Akroyd Unplugged" documentary.

My biggest bone of contention was use of Billy Meier photos -- Bleck.

Everything else was great, especially the NASA footage. Jeff Willes has taped some excellent video, though I am suspicious about his wealth of stuff. How can anyone be so Johnny on the Spot?

As long as Sereda stays on the topics and away from the touchy-feely California New Age crap, he is a pretty good guest.

Lone Gunman said:
I really liked David Sereda's "Dan Akroyd Unplugged" documentary.

My biggest bone of contention was use of Billy Meier photos -- Bleck.

Everything else was great, especially the NASA footage. Jeff Willes has taped some excellent video, though I am suspicious about his wealth of stuff. How can anyone be so Johnny on the Spot?

As long as Sereda stays on the topics and away from the touchy-feely California New Age crap, he is a pretty good guest.

I personally find Sereda to be a world-class asshat. His stuff is just slightly to the left of David Icke. He's built an engine to take us all to Andromeda - I say let him have at it, and leave the Earth already. I watched the Sereda-Akroyd thing, it's a joke, terrible camera work and lots of bogus Meier crap. The NASA footage is mostly silly - artifacts of camera optics parading as mandala ships, moving cameras creating the illusion of sharp turns, airplanes over Lake Erie as UFOs... the list goes on and on. When I personally spoke one-on-one with Sereda about some of the silliness of much of his video "evidence", he accused me of being an NSA operative. For phuck's sake... what a clown.

dB

Wow. For an NSA operative, you're pretty good. ;)

Did you run into Sereda at a conference?

I guess this means he won't be coming on for a second show.

As far as Out of the Blue, it's really gotten a load of exposure lately. Yet, I can't find it anywhere in stores or on Amazon.

Out of the blue. Hands down the best doc I have seen in the UFO field. Very well done and I really can't find any BS in it.

ondafritz said:
Out of the blue. Hands down the best doc I have seen in the UFO field. Very well done and I really can't find any BS in it.

I agree with you, it's an excellant watch.

We'll be conducting an interview next week with James Fox, one of the folks behind "Out of the Blue". Keep your eyes on the site to see when we'll be airing it...

Back