• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What will you do to survive?

Free versions of recent episodes:

Tony2013

Skilled Investigator
Let's say that the NWO exists, or that the Bilderburg group or CFR or PNAC decide that enough's enough, and that they're pulling the whole plug on civilization as we know it and enslaving all of America to, presumably, live in forced labor death camps to live off one meal a day and force us to fight each other to the death for their entertainment.

Assuming no one here is particularly attracted to that kind of lifestyle... what is your plan of action for when the shit goes down? Run off to the middle of the desert, automatic rifle in hand, truck-load of food and water in tow? Or something a bit more complex?

Discuss!

I would prob spend a lot more time in my deep underground Base's Labs, working on my Hybrid Human Clones, i only need another 8 years according to projective stats, and ill be ready to take over the world with my Army of Super Human Bio Soldiers anyway.

its six of one half a dozen of the other....................

David Biedny said:
I'd say put down the pipe and do a reality check.

I mean, I'm often Downer Dave, but for chrissakes, gimme a break!

dB

I would suggest picking up the (figurative) pipe up and having a reality check.

While the initial points are vague in this thread the claims about “forcing each other to fight to the death” are extreme and inaccurate the notion of what the initial poster is talking about have relevance in a serious discussion.

I’m not a “downer” when I’m informed about the state of the US economy that is already insolvent and can be the real facilitator to insurrection in the Untied States. One doesn’t need a left or right leaning view of politics to understand that if they have a strong understanding of geo-politics and the global financial systems.

It’s not a joke nor is it funny. If (IMO it’s WHEN) the Us economy fails, when we truly see the end of US dollar hegemony we will see martial law in this country. There will be rioting, looting, violence, and murder to live and eat when that point comes. I don’t even suggest that it is a conspiracy done by those who control the financial markets but rather the results of foreign countries no longer purchasing US treasury bonds. All one needs to do is look at the M-3 money aggregate money supply becoming private on March 23, 2006 to understand the FED is printing money off them sheets (hyper-inflation) because they are unable to pay their own bills.

There is a financial crisis that could resulting in rioting if the situation becomes unbearable to the general public. It’s a legitimate concern that could lead to rioting if people can’t afford to live.

…..

As for what people can do….

Get out of DEBT! This is good advice, regardless, but doing this is paramount now. This is a huge financial burden that anyone can relive themselves of by focusing on it. If you have saved money, diversify it into foreign currency that is least dependant of the US dollar. I personally like Swiss Franks. Buy GOLD. Buy SILVER. Buy them at melt and buy them as stocks. Live below your means to do these things. If people want to cut frivolous costs out of their expenses it can often be done with a little sacrifice to do so. I would also suggest buying food (long-term canned goods) and various other supplies to survive and defend yourself (or your family).

quote cottonzway[I would also suggest buying food (long-term canned goods) and various other supplies to survive and defend yourself (or your family).]

This is probably the very best advice one could give. A group of people, myself included, have forseen this in dreams and visions. Those who wish to attack that comment may do so, just please do not make personal comments.

None of us were aware of the others dreams and visions; and then I was told to share what I had seen and heard. So I did. There are many others who have had the same dreams and visions.

All of us have been buying extra non-perishable food stuffs and sealed water cartons. Growing vegetables and freezing or bottling them, storing these items and are adding to them each week. We are consistently adding essential items, blankets, clothes and shoes included. Even breathing masks. I have enough vegetarian cheese to block up the holes in any ship for a crossing of the Atlantic.

My Partner is a traditional hunter, and he hunts with traditional weapons. We will have food. I am a vegan, but if this situation manifests I will eat what ever I am supplied with, with grattitude.

There are other things, than a NWO, that can collapse an economy. With the onset of the pandemic that is already off a leash in our world, alll countries, all poeple are not only at risk, but are destined to die of the Avian Flu Virus.

There will be very few if anyone, to maintain power supplies, food supplies, water supplies, sewerage treatment and water treatment. The Armed forces will be supplied with gas masks; and it will be up to them to keep people in quarantined areas.

But if people are prepared, ready for what is coming. And can stay inside their home or "bunker" if they have one for a minimum of 3 weeks, over a 3-6 month time frame, to allow for the normal 1st, 2nd and then 3rd wave of the flu virus to run itself out, as it did in the 1917-18 war; then they will survive.

I could write on this for hours but I won't. Suffice to say that for what is coming, we need to be prepared.

RhiannonsMoon,
Welcome to the forum. I have a few questions if you don't mind. Did you are any of the other people get a time frame to this disaster?

Any more specifcs without writing an entire book can you reveal.

Have you ever thought of parallel realities or a trickster element to any of these dreams?

Let's face it--if they bring armies of National Guard to go door-to-door--as they did in Katrina, getting people's guns, even those on dry land--we've had it, no matter what. What's more likely, as Alex Jones says, is that they'll set up the bread lines and we will eventually go to them. When they say, "Whenever you run out, you just come on down to the barricades, we'll register you, and we have all the soup and bread you want, clean water", etc., then we will eventually do it. It's that or suicide. You can prepare for whatever Mad Max scenario you want--but that was in Australia. You want to ride around on dune buggies with your gym partner and get a mohawk and play shoot-em-up?

Go to Australia. I don't know that you'll be any safer, but that kind of thing won't happen long here. You might get a few days of it on beaches in California, but as long as you're within range of the U.S. military, you're a bug to be squashed.

The only scenario in which we stand a chance against the NWO is one in which they have to fight as hard as we do at the same time--like, say for instance, a zombie movie. If there are massive infestations of something that keep them busy, then it takes their eye off the ball.

Unfortunately, zombies are fiction.

The usurpation of the American economy by design, by whatever group is doing it intentionally, is not. Neither is the eventual survival mode in question here. Hoarding storable food and water is good--but having the ability to take that away away from others is better. Let's be real--when somebody finds your hidey-hole, if you're not well-armed, they can either make you irrelevant or march you out to save ammo.

So, no matter what--buy guns, get guns, and whatever larger caliber weapons you can find--and know how to use them. We're talking about a real-world situation totally unlike this one--so you'll need to arm yourself not only for the fall of society, but also society's power grid. Unless you've got friends in Dr. Steven Greer's group, you're going to need power, generators, gas, etc. Whoever has the ability to wait it out the longest while using the smallest number of calories with the greatest amount of stealth is going to have the best chance to get out alive, or at least last the longest.

There is strength in numbers, so I guess my answer would be to hang out with like-minded individuals with variable and adaptive skills. Find people that know how to hunt, gather, farm, protect, salvage, find resources, and defend what they already have. And, you'll also need to find somebody that has the charisma necessary as a leader to talk to the raiders that will inevitably come around and try to dissuade them from taking, and turn them around and convince them that joining the collective (a la the Ultimate Warrior w/Yul Brenner) is a better way to go--you have to have people that are willing to bargain and wheel-and-deal. In an aftermath situation, for whatever reason, the ability to bend not break will become a survival tool discovered by any and all that decide to stay in the game.

Basically, you have to make yourself invaluable to people that have the assets and resources you're going to need, and you're going to have to have the ability to go mobile at a moment's notice. On whatever level you find yourself. Many, many writers have envisioned scenarios like this, so there's actually a pretty good amount of already-established data to draw on.

Overall, don't forget that there isn't going to be any currency worth anything except maybe for the government. The people that are still out there are going to be involved with each other on a barter system--and probably most of that will be for bulky, big, perishable food. Heads of fresh lettuce. Cartons of tomatoes, viable seeds--you may be able to get away with smaller barter units like shotgun shells, etc.--but the day-to-day needs of other collectives will need to be met, and those are going to be the market forces in play. It's going to be a seller's market, not the other way around, so you'll need to have as much variety as possible. The willingness to look to fill the needs of others (I believe the kind of character is called a "fixer" in some of the role-playing scenarios) will be most important.

And if any of these barter/survivalist communes are going to survive, wealth after the fall won't mean much. The preparedness of those that had wealth and shifted it into resources before the fall (adaptive wealth) will be paramount to their own survival. Having really nice mansions in the Hollywood Hills isn't going to be enough in situations like this.

For individuals, putting down the pipe is going to be the short-term answer. If you really feel that this NWO-Bilderberg-polce state fall is coming--and that certainly is something that many people with their ear to the ground believe--then the "continue to get stoned and play videogames" attitude will only serve you for as long as you can get whatever it is that you're smoking and electricity.

After that, the ability to do the above will be the only real keys to survival. You can bay at the moon all you like--the moon doesn't care.

*gun cocks...* mghhph. BANG!

Dream Sequence (In the after whatever; at the source, the oneness where one is all knowing) What? Its actually Build-A-Burger' Bilderburg was a typo? They wanted to open up a global fast food empire? Damn.

I try and make humorous that which makes me want to poop myself. My wife says it's how I cope.

Right before I would plan the ultimate weekend which would involve live music, beer, sex, the UFC, and some basketball. Then on the stroke of midnight before the NWO swoops in, I would play Mike Tyson's punchout one last time. As for my plan of action, I haven't got that far yet, I still have to beat Bald Bull.

I wonder how the NWO is gonna deal with the billions of people in China? I mean with so many people organizing fights for entertainment it's gonna be some crazy beuracracy. Should we match people up based on weight and fighting skill?
Is Dick Cheney even capable of organizing such a pay per view event?How is he gonna take over the world with his bad heart?

Personally, I think the only thing that's gonna take us out is nature or a nuclear war. The NWO? I think they are better at disorganizing things like elections and keeping secrets, but in terms of actually organizing something? I'd choose Martha Stewart over the NWO to organize anything, just look at Iraq.

OMG we have some very ignorant people here.
i plan on fighting to the death with whatever means i can. guns, knives, feet and fists. time to wake up. we need an old fashion revolution and dont start it without me... or jesse.

We are already the most successfully enslaved population in the history of the world. "The Wee Sheep"., fed, herded and fleeced. Slaves who know they're slaves are prone to rebel. You would have to expend more than half your' resources guarding a prison population. Keep them passive and squash the occasional, genuine threat to your' rule with the aid and support of the slaves themselves.

I grew up with a survivalist father during the cold war. All my young life I expected civilization to end in a mushroom cloud at any time, so I really paid attention to him teaching me what things could be like in a post nuclear war and how to survive.
I've got stored food, water, meds, weapons, ammo, and a lot of other stuff. Most of the equipment I inherited from Dad, but I have plenty of land to farm if I have too.
I used to think it would be a big adventure, but now I hope to the Gods that be I never have to use any of this stuff. I want my kids to have a bteer life than I did, even though I'm carrying on the tradition of survivalism and teaching them(I'm just not scaring the crap outta them like my Dad did to me).

Anyone read the James Axler "Deathlands" series books? I think this was what I thought life would be like when I grew up.

Back