• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What Should I read Next

tom1961

Paranormal Maven
In last month or so I have read Moth Man Prophecies and Trojan Horse, Hunt for the
Skin walker and now I am reading Project Beta.

What are some more recent books that everyone would recommend.

In last month or so I have read Moth Man Prophecies and Trojan Horse, Hunt for the
Skin walker and now I am reading Project Beta. What are some more recent books that everyone would recommend.
What are you most interested in finding out about?

Information about the best ufo events.
Government involvement.
Hoaxes and the people behind them.
I know a lot of the names in the field but am still
confused of who to believe.

If you liked Keel, I'd recommend trying some mid-period Jacques Vallee books. I like MESSENGERS OF DECEPTION, which is about cults and contactees, and if you're interested in something a bit deeper, PASSPORT TO MAGONIA. A good guide to the mess that ufology was in the late 80s and early 90s, his trilogy DIMENSIONS, CONFRONTATIONS and REVELATIONS gives you a sharp and easy to read overview.

If you like something a bit more funny and offbeat, try one of Robert Anton Wilson's books. Jim Moseley's autobiography SHOCKINGLY CLOSE TO TRUTH is also worth a read. And for modern overviews of forteana most of Nick Redfern's books cover a wide range of topics, and range from good to really good (I particularly like THREE MEN SEEKING MONSTERS, but it's more of a romp than any factual data. KEEP OUT (The NASA Conspiracies: The Truth Behind the Moon Landings, Censored Photos, and The Face on Mars / Keep Out!: Top Secret Places Governments Don’t Want You to Know About)! is an excellent recent volume). And I really enjoyed Steve Volk's FRINGE-OLOGY (Fringe-ology: How I Tried to Explain Away the Unexplainable — And Couldn’t).

There aren't many recent books that are really good for what you're interested in. I haven't read KDR's new book, but he's usually a good writer: by Kevin D. Randle PhD (Apr 1, 2013)

That's the book we talked about this week.
Exactly. It's nice to support the Paracast guests when they're as consistently good as KDR. I updated the link to match the one on the Paracast homepage too. It's cool how it loads in the whole thumbnail and order button when it's inputted into the forum. I'll probably add this one to my own library too.

Back