• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What is up w/ Idiots.

O

Open_Mind2007

Why do some goofs believe that aliens (if they exist) may come from earth. I'd rather believe other dimensions or another solar system. If these so called aliens came from earth then why the hell would they let us multiply and grow intellectually, especially if we are the cause of the world's problems. People who have supposedly been abducted always, to me anyways, say that these creatures are always telling us how to save the environment, if they came from here and are so technologically advanced then why not do away with us and keep whatever DNA they may have and "replant" us or just have the planet to themselves. Don't give me the following argument that they are peaceful or that they are just here for our benefit. These creatures sound like they do not care about our well being, come on if you cared about something would you kidnap it and perform experiements on them. I think they need stuff from our environment and that is why they are here.

Open_Mind2007 said:
Why do some goofs believe that aliens (if they exist) may come from earth. I'd rather believe other dimensions or another solar system. If these so called aliens came from earth then why the hell would they let us multiply and grow intellectually, especially if we are the cause of the world's problems. People who have supposedly been abducted always, to me anyways, say that these creatures are always telling us how to save the environment, if they came from here and are so technologically advanced then why not do away with us and keep whatever DNA they may have and "replant" us or just have the planet to themselves. Don't give me the following argument that they are peaceful or that they are just here for our benefit. These creatures sound like they do not care about our well being, come on if you cared about something would you kidnap it and perform experiements on them. I think they need stuff from our environment and that is why they are here.

I agree with you. It seems that these creatures would pick more convincing abductee spokesmen if their mission was intended to enlighten us. Perhaps the ones who appear benevolent are just using us as well, like a kinder lab technician with his white rat.

The other possibility is that there have been aliens here since the Neanderthals, seeding us to Earth and genetically altering us all along. Then that might make us aliens as well. I have no idea.

scott said:
I agree with you. It seems that these creatures would pick more convincing abductee spokesmen if their mission was intended to enlighten us. Perhaps the ones who appear benevolent are just using us as well, like a kinder lab technician with his white rat.

The other possibility is that there have been aliens here since the Neanderthals, seeding us to Earth and genetically altering us all along. Then that might make us aliens as well. I have no idea.

Or just preparing people to star in the new TV series, "Cavemen," based on those silly GEICO commercials :cool:

Gene Steinberg said:
Or just preparing people to star in the new TV series, "Cavemen," based on those silly GEICO commercials :cool:

Yes, must be. Now they're nostalgic for the early days.

Open_Mind2007 said:

A hypothetical scenario that might explain why aliens existing on this planet would behave in the way we are observing:

A group of farmers own a lot of chickens which they keep in a large coop. One day the farmers discover that the chickens are taking actions which are damaging the walls of the coop, which might eventually lead to the chickens escaping. The farmers have a dilemma, would they decide to kill them all and start over? A bad move from a self-interest point of view. Instead they would take action to ensure that the chickens remained safely enclosed within their confines.

In the chicken coop scenario, the farmers would put up stronger material to keep the chickens from escaping. But if a man was able to psychologically condition a lower creature to behave in the way that the man wanted it to, this would be preferred because no material confines would ever need to be built and maintained. The chickens would essentially police themselves.

It is possible that this environmental schtick being promoted by the "aliens" is some sort of mass psychological conditioning, meant to keep us within a hypothetical psychological confine.

Open_Mind2007 said:
Why do some goofs believe that aliens (if they exist) may come from earth. I'd rather believe other dimensions or another solar system. If these so called aliens came from earth then why the hell would they let us multiply and grow intellectually, especially if we are the cause of the world's problems...

Stipulating to the existence of extraordinary intelligently-driven craft in our skies, we can't take any origin off the table yet. (From Earth, elsewhere in the Solar System, another Solar System, another Galaxy, a Brane, time travelers, etc. etc..)

If they share the planet with us, why do they let us "grow"? Well, genocide is a big deal in our belief system. It may be against the rules. It may be that they see us destroying ourselves, and see no reason to get directly involved. Or it may be they aren't allowing us to "grow" -- maybe they just haven't executed their containing plan yet. (Maybe when population = 7 billion is the trigger.)

*If* we share the planet with them, they may see us as distant relatives. Extermination is not a viable option for your crazy uncle. :)

The argument that they are breeding us for something sorta makes sense., but that still leaves the fact that we are at a point where the earth will not be pollution free. I think we are past the halfway point of making this planet hostile to living organisms. So if they want this planet maybe destroying us is the only option. As for the chicken coop theory.. it does not make sense because they have done nothing to try and stop us by limiting what damage we do. They get the crazies or people who have no influence over others to make statements about what they are here for. Genocide is in our belief system and may not be in thiers. Perhaps they are taking what they need from and us and the planet and will move on and let us destroy ourselves. The fact of the matter is this...if this planet is thiers also then why did they not stop us from destroying the environment before it got to point it did. I know if i shared a place with someone, I would not wait till they almost destroyed everything before i stepped in and I would also not ask someone to tell them to stop that had no influence over them. And this is from stupid human and not some intelligent creature(which they obviously are).

Open_Mind2007 said:
The argument that they are breeding us for something sorta makes sense., but that still leaves the fact that we are at a point where the earth will not be pollution free.

Maybe that's part of the plan (a la "They LIVE")...

On topic, I don't think we can rule out any possible origins but if you must have a non-terrestrial origin, maybe they were marooned here (as Tsarion suggests) and they're only interested in advancing us to the point where we can produce the technology that will finally allow them to leave this solar system and get back out into space. If that were the case, then all of human civilization would merely be a means to an end and they'd probably thank us by nuking the planet when they leave.

Or not. Whatever.

Open_Mind2007 said:
The fact of the matter is this...if this planet is thiers also then why did they not stop us from destroying the environment before it got to point it did. I know if i shared a place with someone, I would not wait till they almost destroyed everything before i stepped in and I would also not ask someone to tell them to stop that had no influence over them. And this is from stupid human and not some intelligent creature(which they obviously are).
Imagine they want to reform the biosphere to be warmer...put the carbon back into the atmosphere that was stored in geological processes. Instead of building huge machinery to do it, they simply create a religion for some stupid creature to "go forth and multiply". They may have seen it done before, and know it will inevitably lead to the creature finding the petroleum and coal and burning it to compete against its brethren. The only babysitting that might need to be done is to ensure the creatures end up with different religions so they compete more.

..Yeah, what is up with Idiots, anyway? Bad punctuation, attitude problems, run-on sentances. And the way they lie about personal experience to back up their chosen side of a point so they can turn it into an arguement.. What gives?

-Mike <8]

MADMANMIKE said:
..Yeah, what is up with Idiots, anyway? Bad punctuation, attitude problems, run-on sentances.
-Mike <8]
Not to mention spelling...;-)

AG
The more people I meet, the more I want to be a dog so I can pee on their shoes and make them clean it up. Meanwhile, they rub my nose in it and I get to go outside and play....

Maybe Earth is a B movie on the Alien Broadcasting System. Maybe they don't like ozones and they are savings themselves alot of money by letting us destroy it.

Back