• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What happened to Dave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he is taking a well-deserved hiatus from the show. There are a couple of threads in this section that offer some more details.

I only came into the forums again to see if there was anything about Dave leaving the show. Didn't find much, and I'm not about to waste a lot of time looking.

If he couldn't give the fans the courtesy and respect to explain himself during a show, I'm not about to go looking here.

Good luck to you with whatever you choose to do, but I have absolutely no respect for the way you went out. And I'm not about to listen to Gene Steinberg for even two minutes without you. You carried the show for years. I don't need lame jokes, nonsensical comments, terrible questions, and poor production quality.

The past year was just a bunch of self-righteous bullshit anyway.

Cancel my login, I'm done with you as fast as you were done with us, you fraud.

I only came into the forums again to see if there was anything about Dave leaving the show. Didn't find much, and I'm not about to waste a lot of time looking.

If he couldn't give the fans the courtesy and respect to explain himself during a show, I'm not about to go looking here.

Good luck to you with whatever you choose to do, but I have absolutely no respect for the way you went out. And I'm not about to listen to Gene Steinberg for even two minutes without you. You carried the show for years. I don't need lame jokes, nonsensical comments, terrible questions, and poor production quality.

jeeezus. what an ungrateful spoilt child thing to say, I hope whoever said this is about 11. if he's an adult god help us all.

@Montclair04

I'm pretty sure you are the biggest douche bag I have ever had the misfortune of reading...Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson included. This podcast if fucking free for God's sake, no one owes you any damn thing.

Sheesh!...What a putz.

Seriously, what ?! I understand Davids decision more and more, what's with all the hostility here lately.

I love how people I've never met, do not know, or have ever spoken with, somehow feel like I'm in some sort of debt to them - it's a little worse than weird, it's ballsy. I suppose it's part of the entitlement syndrome that's drowning so much of our society, the sense that these people want what they want, at any cost, damned the torpedos and give me my fucking milkshake, I don't care if you gotta kill babies to make it happen, I WANT WHAT I WANT, FOR FREE AND RIGHT NOW, BEOTCH.

Well, too bad. While I'm happy that folks listen to the show, and appreciate what we've tried to do, I'll just laugh at the bozo who feels like my leaving is somehow an insult to them personally. GET A LIFE.

dB

I usually avoid threads like this, because they do no good, but this time I'm going to chime in with my 2 cents worth, because it's something Don Ecker and I discussed this past week - how the whole paranormal subject has come to center on personalities, and not actual research, or theories, or the important stuff - i.e. information.

David left The Paracast. I mean no offense to David (whom I like as a person, and who I enjoyed listening to on the show) when I say - "who cares?" (in the context of the subject of the paranormal).

More and more, it's not just the medium that's become the message, but the people who deliver it as well. That's not a good thing.

Since David left, you've had Jim Marrs, Scott Ramsey, Steve Mera and Dave Sadler (this week), Ted Oliphant (next week), Michael MacDonald (in two weeks). I know of a show coming up with leading abduction researchers, as well as Nick Redfern, Greg Bishop and others chatting about Mac Tonnies' last work, The Cryptoterrestrials. And Gene is working with people to line up other great guests, with interesting information to share.

And isn't that what it's supposed to be about? The information?

So, best wishes to David on wherever his journey takes him next, but the show goes on. Even if it didn't, the subject would continue to intrigue, to puzzle, and to challenge those who are mature enough to put substance over style, and content over characters.

Paul

Can we all please leave David alone? For crying out loud. He ain't no slave.

And to insult Gene who is working to keep this thing going thru the most difficult of circumstances?

Spare me your selfish crap and (as the Robert Smith of the Cure would sing)... Just Go!

What an immature, self-absorbed, and utterly rude post. Did David Biedny participate in the show just for you? Do you have any proprietary rights over him? Is he obliged to carry on with something he clearly doesn't want to be part of any more, just to keep you entertained? Is your life so devoid of interest that The Paracast and David are your sole interests? And how utterly rude to disrespect Gene, his years of experience in this field, and all his hard work, not to mention the excellent guest hosts, who have so generously given up their time to provide us with this FREE podcast. Grow up, get a life and kindly fuck off. And yes, that last bit was rude, but only in response to someone ruder!

You must have a really empty life if there's nothing better to do with your time that write stuff like this.... oh and your grammar is terrible

I stumbled upon the Paracast in early March of 2006. So, I have been listening since the first episode, and have not missed one yet. After looking at Itunes Store comments, it looks like most people either hate or love the Paracast. I am one of the latter.

I would like to tank David Biedny for his diligence in this endeavor. He not missed but a few episodes. I appreciate his sharing of personal experiences, and intellectual honesty. He is not afraid to ask tough questions, and confront guests. As co-founder of the Paracast (a free service to us), David has the right to voice his opinions, quit, come back, or take a break, without any apologies or even any explanations to us.

Thanks David, hope to see you in the forums.

It's a shame that people can not act like adults on the internet. People wouldn't say half the stuff they say on the Internet if it was to someone's face. Sometimes I wish the Paracast didn't have any forums and Gene and David would just do what they wanted to do without all the "feedback". If they were selling a product, customer's would have a right to complain or add constructive criticism, but even newspapers like the Washington Post do not allow individuals to post comments or blog on the official website about individual articles. To get ugly about something that is free and so useful is ludicrous. I have long argued that Gene and David just need to stop reading and responding to all these complainers and do their thing. I remember once I used to be a regular columnist on one of those free public policy websites. I wrote a weekly article, for free, about my research. I learned real quick two things: 1) Internet lurkers will waste more time trashing you personally than they will spend doing their own research and work to support their own warped ideas, and 2) trying to accommodate or address the ill-conceived concerns of those idiots only contributed to their further insolence and juvenile behavior. I'd rather see the forums go than DB leave the Paracast. And I am grateful for Gene keeping things running. Go Gene!

WTF was that crap Montclair ?? Here is a little tip.... no one on this planet owes you a dammmm thing....

Montclair04, you don't need anybody to cancel your account. Just shut the hell up go away....permanently. That will fix everything. Believe me, we won't miss you.

I regularly post comments on the Washington Post web site, typically in response to articles about the Washington Wizards basketball team, but you can definitely leave comments, you just need to create a user name.

Your larger point :) I agree, the internet has become a great vehicle for anonymous people to spew anger, just check out any popular youtube clip comments and at some point inevitably there is pointless nastyness....

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

I can only speak for myself, but the reason I think David is so vital to the show is that he asks tough questions more than anyone else by a mile. For me (I can't speak for anyone else), he is a great "open mindedbullshit detector". That is a hard balance and I think only came about because he is a very technical guy by nature and trade who is also a life long experiencer. This is a highly unique combination. I can't think of any other upfront experiencer who has such a strong BS detector.

I think the dudes angry post in this thread, kind of reminds me of The Catcher in the Rye. I think it's a complement in a sick way :) that someone feels so strongly about David on the show that they get that upset. But of course it's also totally unfair, unrealistic and nutty.

The last few episodes, like with Jim Marrs, I kept wondering- "Man, if David were here he would totally ask Jim Marrs where he got information that they can remote control any airplane anytime etc.......". Instead, Marrs gets to rant one highly suspect conspiracy after another (granted some of his stuff was good, like the Kennedy stuff).

Interviewing interesting people with information in the Paranormal field is done by a variety of shows. Keeping people honest for the conclusions they present? DB is the main game in town.

But I recognize DB is going through a tough stretch and doing a weekly Paranormal podcast in light of real life concerns, is definitely on the back burner. Honestly, I'm surprised they've kept it up this long!

The choice with Marrs was either hit him up on every claim and just battle it out, or let him tell us his stories and just guide things in a sensible direction.

As to where he gets the information, other than known sources, he could easily say he has some he cannot name and where do you take that — other than to cry "liar, liar, pants on fire!"

Some times you just have to relax and enjoy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back