• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Werner Bock -- A Farmer's Ordeal: 40 years of Unsolved Livestock Deaths

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
The subject of "cattle mutilations" has been popularized by people such as Linda Moulton Howe who have laid the blame for these mysterious livestock deaths on "aliens," but there are cases of unsolved livestock deaths that have sinister, more down-to-earth overtones. Case in point: Werner Bock and other ranchers of the Maritime Provinces of Canada. For almost 40 years these ranchers have been victimized by what could be described as a systematic campaign of terror and death. Werner will be our guest on the Paracast and we urge you to bring yourselves up-to-speed by watching this four-part series on youtube that chronicles his disturbing story before posting your questions here:

This episode will be recorded on Tuesday, January 15.

Question: Where can we find documented analysis of the evidence by qualified independent forensic examiners?

NOTE: With all the history involved in this case surely there must be some other
investigations, if not just for insurance. Veterinarians have also been involved,
so why do we see no opinions expressed by them? Surely there must also be
other ranchers in this area with this same problem, what about them?
Obviously something weird seems to be going on, but when all the evidence is
concentrated on the work of a single vested interest, I tend to wonder why.

There are some things that have bothered me about the way Linda Moutlon Howe blames these cattle mutilations on aliens: Specifically, I wonder why an alien with all of the vastness of space (and possibly other dimensions) would abduct an animal, perform tests/mutilations on it and then return it so that its owners must find it. Even if these tests were done on site, why leave the evidence to be found?

Much as a serial killer might taunt the police and public by leaving tantalizing clues (and corpses) that are meant to be seen, I feel this has more to do with someone establishing a psychological warfare against an individual or group rather than some aliens doing "covert" tests. It's also possible some entity finds the need to hide its purpose in plain site, knowing fully that it's actions can easily be blamed upon aliens if it is not readily understood. Feeding an alien hysteria may serve many purposes, including to delude people regarding what phenomenon they are truly witnessing.

I find it interesting that Werner Bock is being charged by the Canadian government for failing to feed or give medical attention to his animals. Huffington Post makes the assertion that he's claiming the "alien defense." I suppose it is possible he's gone to some lengths to hide his own guilt and divert attention away from himself. For that matter, Munchausen Syndrome and Munchausen by Proxy, as well as other victim-playing disorders, are not uncommon, especially by those who had absentee or emotionally negligent parents. (He mentions his mother left the farm and he had to return to run it. This might be important - as was his being born on a farm during wartime Nazi Germany. I also admit my eyebrows were raised when he said someone hurt his cat. Besides the obvious victim-disorder angle, that would be a way to establish that something is causing greater harm than simply failing to feed some cows.) Or.... maybe a German outsider in a very small, rural and isolated community makes an easy target for someone with a nefarious purpose. A Royal Canadian Air Cadet squadron is in the village of Petitcodiac, which again seems to feed the hypothesis that much of these events occur near military installations. I feel it's a stretch to say this elderly farmer would have the means to cause some of the injuries seen on his cattle - though again it should be noted that some of those he wanted to subpoena may be testifying for the prosecution, if they testify at all. This can either mean that he truly doesn't have a case or that these people were coerced to testify against him.

However this develops, it's an interesting story. I'm very grateful to Chris for covering it.

Mr. Bock, I'm still unclear as to whom you are blaming for the mutilations. You stated some kind of "energy ray" is responsible for the burns you have witnessed and that ozone and nitrous oxide have poisoned some of them too, but what kind of non-photographic evidence do you have to support that conclusion? Have labs had a chance to process any of the remains and look for anything odd? I mean besides the Vets you state are making money hand over fist due to these events.
And what was the deal with the local church? Do you suspect they are involved somehow?

Where can we find documented analysis of the evidence by qualified independent forensic examiners?
Good question! Let's keep our responses in question form, please. It makes it easier to ask them during the taping session. If you'd like to create another discussion thread, that's fine too.

1. Have your cattle ever suffered from blackleg?
Merck Veterinary Manual
2. What are some of the mundane, normal diseases that you have encountered as a cattle farmer?
3. What medical conditions have the local authorities accused you of neglecting in your cattle?
4. If people in your area have died, have they died young? If so, what have been the official causes of death?
5. Given the frequency of wounds on the noses of the cattle, is there any possibility of an irritant or contaminant on the ground?

After 40 years, do you still believe that these are hate-crimes directed at you personally?

What about other farmers in the area? Do they find signs of gas poisoning or "death rays", too? Or did they have other forms of unusual livestock death? Did you talk to them about corroborative statements in the media, on Youtube etc.?

How often do these attacks happen per year? Have there been periods when the frequency of the attacks changed or some methods of killing the poor animals were used more often, less or not at all?

Was the cow that seems to have fallen from some height an absolute exception or have there been similar cases?

Does the area have any stories/legends/witness reports about "fringy stuff" like UFOs, mystery lights, unmarked helicopters, crop circles etc.?

Do you dismiss these stories or has what you've had to experience changed your views on that? What about conspiracy theories about secret government agencies or private government contractors conducting "field studies" on the cattle or about HAARP?

Back