• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Welcome Polterwurst to The Paracast Community Forums!

Hi there, Forum.

I'm a german, 41 years old, and have been a listener of your show for some four years now. With the media in my country either ridiculing subjects like UFOs and the paranormal or being overly sensationalist and uncritical about them, its impossible to find a good source of para-information hereabouts, so I turned to the internet. I found, amongst a few others, the Paracast to be open but not entirely uncritical about these subjects, which I quite liked.

Although I've been interested in all things out of the ordinary all my life, I was fairly convinced there wasn't much truth to claims of UFOs, paranormal goings-on and the like until there occured what looked like a case of reincarnation in my own family. I'm not religious or spritual, I have to add... guess I'll look for a better thread to discuss this.

However, that got me interested again, and when I went on the internet a few years later, I began to research all kinds of strange phenomena. I admit that I had dismissed UFOs as pure fantasy and make-believe long ago, but when I stumbled on the 2007 National Press Club UFO conference (which got no official media attention in my country other than the usual fringe remarks about UFO and conspiracy kooks) I was blown away. Actually I had seen something with my old amateur telescope myself some 20 years ago, but I had dismissed that too (it was really just a pinpoint of light which seemed to manoever quite unlike a satellite, plane or bird, but it may have been entirely explainable).

In those years of rediscovering the strange aspects of this world, the Paracast has been a weekly companion, and so I finally decided to join the forum and add a few cents. As I'm not a native speaker or wiriter of the english language, misunderstandings and bad spelling will occur, so please be patient. :)

EDIT: sorry, Gene, I thought I was in the official forum :oops:

Back