• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Welcome Digital_Archivist to The Paracast Community Forums!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Dear Digital_Archivist,

Welcome to The Paracast Community Forums!

We welcome you aboard, and hope that you'll have a great time here with our community as well.

Hello fellow Paracaster.

My name is Digital_Archivist and I reside in Newcastle, Australia. I am a devoted listener to The Paracast, as well as listening to several other UFO / alternative online radio shows. I also enjoy reading books on ufology, ancient astronaut theory. Others interests include film noir, old movies, classical / film / easy listening music, literature, theatre, art, computers, meditation and relaxation. I work with historical archives hence my alias. I enjoy listening to The Paracast because Gene, Chris & Goggs Mackay interview their enthusiastic guests in an investigative journalistic manner where they are often asked to demonstrate the credibility of their research or sites. The worst interview I have listened to on their show was a certain farmer guy who ranted on and wouldn't accept their help. I am heartened The Paracast's Gene, Chris & Goggs are more than happy to help many of their guests out, whether it be by referring them to professionals who can authorise their videos / DNA specimens. I last saw Chris O'Brien on an episode of Conspiracy Road Trip, where he was offering theories with regard to Cattle Mutilation to the members of that trip.

I welcome communication and engagement with The Paracast community. It is an honour being here.

Thank you Paracast

Digital_Archivist

I'm from good old western Pennsylvania. Been here my whole life - so far. :D I am into all things unexplained, and have been pretty much my whole life. I remember my dad picking up a UFO book for me when I was maybe 12 or 13 that furthered my curiosity.

What about you? Did anything in particular strike your fancy in terms of the strange and unusual?

Hi Grifynne. I received my first UFO book when I was eight. it was one illustrated for children with some old cases in, Used to like to look up the sky at night when I was smaller. I guess I've always had a curiosity in UFOs, but never got into earlier because the public ridicule the subject **how the govt propaganda has worked since the 50s**. I really enjoyed Richard Dolan's two volumes on UFO cases etc. I've also enjoyed some of Timothy Good's books. Some of Jim Marrs' work is interesting, too. The only experience I've had with the paranormal was as a participant on a ghost hunt in an aquaintance house. While we were looking for the ghost, it was apparently in the next room speaking to the guy's girlfriend.. Whether it's true or not, I have no idea, maybe she didn't want us there.. She seemed scared enough. It was the only time I've ever participated in a ghost hunt, and probably the last time. I would rather read about the cases / research. It would be nice to go outside and look out for some UFOs, but it would be only for a personal experiences, I doubt I'd want to take recording equipment with me. It would be great to take pics of a landed saucer, though. I doubt anyway ever has taken photographs of such phenomena.

Getting back to paranormal activity, a relative once entered a shop and was told by a psychic that there was a dead relative watching over her, and if she wanted to know more she would be happy to tell her more. The details she revealed were 100% correct, but my relative wasn't interested in finding out anymore.. I think she was totally spooked by the experience of a total stranger knowing / seeing the supposed presence hanging around near her shoulder. That's about the most vivid paranormal ghost experience I've heard. A friend of mine claims he saw a triangular black UFO float over his house. He also claims a friend of his uncle, while fishing at the beach, saw a UFO fly out of the water with two humanoids looking down at him during the 1960s.. Whether it's true, I have no idea. My friend is a very reliable person and he's interested in my UFO books. I thought he might ridicule me when I told him I'd become interested in UFOs, but he became really interested and read both of Dolan's books. I first started watching Greer's documentaries / video appearances, but questioned why Edgar Mitchell and several other notable people would want not want to be associated with Greer. I then branched out into Richard Dolan's work.. two excellent books. I didn't like his A.D Disclosure book very much though. So my interested in UFOs re-ignited around 2009, when I couldn't care less what people would think of me researching and being interested in UFOs. It's been an interesting journey since then.

Apologies about any spelling / grammar mistakes. I've had a pretty bad day, today. It was nice reading your message. Thank you :)

- Digital_Archivist

While we were looking for the ghost, it was apparently in the next room speaking to the guy's girlfriend.. Whether it's true or not, I have no idea, maybe she didn't want us there.. She seemed scared enough.

I think there is some value in personal stories, even if they don't provide hard evidence. As an individual, we can take these incidents and make a judgement then store it in our minds as we learn more about the subject in general. Much of this doesn't have a physical outcome or effect that we can hold in our hands. I am initially skeptical when one person is claiming to experience something, but personally I would consider the possibility that something could have happened if the individual seems truly shaken or sincere in the telling. I have never been on a ghost hunt personally. My imagination would screw with me, I'm sure. :p I'm associated with a team that does do occasional hunts out of Ohio (I have done some writing for their website) so I could probably go if I was so inclined. Not sure if I would be ready for something like that at this point, though.

I would rather read about the cases / research. It would be nice to go outside and look out for some UFOs, but it would be only for a personal experiences, I doubt I'd want to take recording equipment with me.

If you think about it this way, if more people took that approach then we would have more people with open minds who might be more accepting of the idea that these things could exist. Just go out there and see what you can see. I think it's better than refusing to go out there and claiming to already "know" what can and cannot be. :rolleyes:

Getting back to paranormal activity, a relative once entered a shop and was told by a psychic that there was a dead relative watching over her, and if she wanted to know more she would be happy to tell her more. The details she revealed were 100% correct, but my relative wasn't interested in finding out anymore.. I think she was totally spooked by the experience of a total stranger knowing / seeing the supposed presence hanging around near her shoulder.

That was probably very unsettling for her. If you were in your relative's position, would you have stuck around to find out more or would you have moved on and let life, fate, whatever take its course without your being privy to it? I'm not sure what I would do personally. I would be terribly curious, but then again curiosity killed the cat. :eek:

Back