• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Welcome Diane Tessman

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
diane headshot.jpgDiane Tessman, a long time UFO investigator and experiencer, is author of several books that include her latest title, "Future Humans and the UFOs."

Says Diane: "My book… from Phil Mantle's publishing company, is mostly objective research, evidence, and connecting the dots and that's what I hope to discuss most in Future Humans and the UFOs: Time For New Thinking."

As you might see, the book is time-travel focused.

Diane Tessman Bio: In the mid to late 1970s, I was field investigator with the Aerial Phenomenon Research Organization (APRO) and Florida State Section Director for MUFON, but my work on the UFO puzzle began when I was 4 years old, possibly 5 (little kids don’t keep track of what year it is), when I was abducted twice by UFO beings in 1952/’53. One encounter was aboard what appeared to be a starship; I was hypnotically regressed by Dr. R. Leo Sprinkle, an icon of the UFO field. Amazing new info is given about this abduction in my new book, “Future Humans and the UFOs.” Another encounter was in a cabin on Eagle Lake, Ontario. A membrane was taken from me; I always joke that I want it back.

Her site is: UFO News, Earth Change, Predictions, Diane Tessman, UFOs, Alien Abductions, Spiritual Counselor

This episode will be recorded Thursday, May 7th from 6 until 8 PM Central time.

I'm looking forward to this one. About 20 years ago I opened up a book I had purchased at a used bookstore here in Calgary and out popped a handwritten note by Diane. My exact memory of it is fuzzy, but I think it might have been to Tim Beckley when they were at a conference together. I did keep it, so if I find it, I'll scan it and post it up here.

I only mention it because when I imagine the journey through time and space that this little piece of paper made, it boggles my mind. It could have been lost, tossed in the trash, gone a thousand different ways, but somehow it survived and ended-up here, where 20 something years later, I would be interviewing the person who wrote it. How could anyone have predicted that would happen?

Diane will return on this weekend's After The Paracast, which will be reported Friday, May 8th starting at 1:30 PM Central Time.

While you never know with an episode of ATP, I hope we'll be able to cover some of her personal experiences in more detail.

Or maybe not. She bailed from the chance to expand on her views on After The Paracast. Randall and I will talk about it on the episode.

Or maybe not. She bailed from the chance to expand on her views on After The Paracast. Randall and I will talk about it on the episode.
And talk we did. Unfortunately we weren't left with much to talk about other than why she ( or any other author ) would be so incensed with how they were treated on the main show, that they'd leave us, our listeners, and possibly some fans of their own, in the lurch. Personally, I thought the main show went very well, but apparently we could have done better, and it's all our fault. Please excuse me while I go out back and flog myself :p .

Last edited:
And I also suspect she really didn't fully understand the points we made. She also seems to think we somehow said that we said that the mysterious tissue removal incident she reported as happening during a UFO abduction was an accident. But we said no such thing.

And I also suspect she really didn't fully understand the points we made. She also seems to think we somehow said that we said that the mysterious tissue removal incident she reported as happening during a UFO abduction was an accident. But we said no such thing.
Right. I don't recall either you or I saying anything of the sort. Were you able to confirm that during post production?
Anyway the long and short is that Diane resented the fact that we offered different theories about time travel.
And even those were in keeping with the theme she herself was talking about. From the Wikipedia entry on the Novikov self-consistency principle:

"According to the consistency conjecture, any complex interpersonal interactions must work themselves out self-consistently so that there is no paradox. That is the resolution. This means, if taken literally, that if time machines exist, there can be no free will."​
We didn't bring Novikov into the discussion - she did.

Last edited:
The long and short of it is that she is basically wedded to one set of beliefs. and when those beliefs are challenged, she either doesn't fully grasp the points or doesn't want to consider that there are alternate possibilities. When we asked her to expand on Jack Sarfatti's "low-power warp" theory, about traveling through space and time. something that seems to really impress her, she seemed to revert to a limited set of talking points.

Indeed, "low-power warp" may indeed be a workable solution to providing a system influenced, of course, by Star Trek.

And, no, we never disputed the origins of that tissue removal episode. We talked about it only in the early portions of the episode and moved on.

When I read her email, I see a strong disconnect between what we did on the show and her reaction to it.

Back