• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Welcome Christian Kromme - Fururist

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
CK-01b.pngChristian Kromme
Visionary Thinker, Futurist Keynote Speaker and Author

Christian is an expert in disruptive technologies and the author of the Amazon best-selling book ‘Humanification - Go Digital, Stay Human'. In this book, Christian focuses on the fascinating parallels between biology and technology.

The waves of technological innovations that follow each other in rapid rate are in fact no coincidence. The book Humanification helps managers, policy makers, entrepreneurs, and investors anticipate and navigate in an extremely rapidly changing world.

Book: Humanification - Go Digital, Stay Human

During his inspiring keynotes, Christian explains how organisations can benefit from the latest technological changes. He challenges organisations to think like a surfer. So organisations know how to surf the next great wave of technological change. This helps organisations to achieve success in this new future changes.

Christian speaks about the influence of robotics, autonomous cars, internet of things, artificial intelligence and more in many sectors.

That's right Paracast listeners, you've been asking for a change in direction and to get guests in the area of futurism. This week we're proud to be bringing on someone who is exactly that. So get ready for a show that kicks things up a notch. As always, you can post any questions or comments for discussion below.

Free E-Book ( when this post was last edited )

Questions & comments for discussion always welcome
Join the Forum Here: Forum Registration
Paracast Plus Info:
Introducing The Paracast +

Last edited:
I'm in an industry undergoing a massive digital transformation: automation, predictive analytics, autonomous vehicles, drones, etc. People are terrified and fascinated at the same time, however profound and fundamental misunderstandings about how these technologies actually work are rampant. For example, I just participated in an executive workshop with experts from big name consulting agencies that made mistakes like confusing expert systems and specialized AI with general AI - this is the difference between deep blue beating Kasparov at chess and HAL 9000 making cognitive leaps to understand the crew, learn how to read lips, and fundamentally deciding to kill the human crew to resolve it's inner conflict.

One is here - expert systems. One is likely quite distant yet - general AI.

What is the best way to explain the fundamentals of computability, math, and informatics to lay people? Including those interested in paranormal phenomena like those that listen to the paracast?

Also of note to listeners: it looks like you can download the e-book for free from his website if you provide your email address.

Last edited:
I'm in an industry undergoing a massive digital transformation: automation, predictive analytics, autonomous vehicles, drones, etc. People are terrified and fascinated at the same time ...
Thanks for that post! I'm finding that most of the futurists I've been sending out invites to don't realize that most of the people who are interested in the paranormal tend to be better educated on average, and professionals like yourself who are totally into what our future has in store. I could see Christian doing a talk for your company and fitting in just fine.

For people who specialize in reaching exactly that audience, they're certainly missing the opportunity to reach a major market. If it's the skeptics they're worried about, they are just a vocal minority. Imagine if Bassett's big day ever comes. Only a handful of futurists won't be caught totally off-guard. Wouldn't that be an ironic.

NASA is seeking to go back to the moon using human piloted space craft and using drones capabilities for future space flights . Will NASA release HD images of all areas of the Moon and Mar's as it's successful testing of Space fast download Internet in 2008? NASA - NASA Successfully Tests First Deep Space Internet Will A.I become the norm for pilot space travel in the next decade? General question how close do you think a source of free energy is coming in future discoveries ?Sun’s Puzzling Plasma Recreated in a Laboratory

Last edited:
@blowfish | @marduk

Got your questions and comments for discussion in before the end of the show. It went really well, and we'll be having him back for an ATP session, so there's still time for you guys, or anyone else to ask questions or post comments for discussion.

Donald Fagen - I.G.Y.
In recognition of the International Geophysical Year

On the show I mention a couple of things that relate to Christian's optimism about the future, and one of them being a track by Donald Fagen called I.G.Y. which stands for the International Geophysical Year, an international scientific project promoting collaboration among the world's scientists that ran from July 1957 to December 1958. Fagen's lyrics reference futuristic concepts such as solar-powered cities, a transatlantic tunnel, permanent space stations, and spandex jackets ...

So I was born while the I.G.Y. was happening - :cool: !
Now I LOVE this song even more!

Last edited:
I have a feeling Christian might also like this guy - Max Tegmark
I signed in with my email. No problems so far. Seems good.

Just reading the Fast Radio Bursts paper now. Wow. And it seems to be taken very seriously by the academics. Thanks for these. I'm not into all the equations, but you don't need to know how to do them to get the idea.

Back