• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Welcome - Bruce Maccabee

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Maccabee-01a.pngDr. Bruce Maccabee has a Ph.D. in physics and was employed for thirty-six years at the Naval Surface Warfare Center doing research on numerous projects, including generation of underwater sound with lasers, high power beam control systems for use in the Strategic Defense Initiative and defense against chemical/biological attacks. He became seriously interested in the UFO phenomenon in the late 1960s, while working for his Ph. D. at The American University.

During the 1970s, he joined the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP) and the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) and helped to found the Fund for UFO Research (FUFOR). He analyzed sighting reports and found reasonable explanations for many sightings, but not all.

Over the years, he has investigated and reported on numerous sightings, including the Gemini 11 and Skylab 3 astronauts sightings, the famous McMinnville UFO photos of 1950, the 1978 New Zealand sightings, the 1986 Japan Airlines sighting, the Gulf Breeze sightings from 1987 to 1996, and the Mexican Air Force sighting of 2004. He also studied the history of sightings and the U.S. Air Force response as presented in the files of Projects Sign, Grudge, and Blue Book.

He was the first to obtain the secret FBI file on “flying discs,” wherein he found indisputable evidence that the Air Force withheld—some might say covered up—important UFO evidence from the American people. By chance, during the 1980s, his Navy work allowed him to establish a decade-long investigation of the CIA. The story of this investigation is published in his book "The FBI-CIA-UFO Connection: The Hidden UFO Activities of USA Intelligence Agencies."

Bruce Maccabee’s website at Dr. Bruce Maccabee UFO Research Website contains a more complete biography, as well as reports on numerous case investigations and analyses of historical information.

With the Establishment of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force, announced on Aug. 14, 2020, Maccabee predicts the following:

"THE NAVY’S SPECIAL UNIDENTIFIED AERIAL PHENOMENA (UAP) TASK FORCE (UAPTF) WILL CONFIRM WHAT CIVILIAN INVESTIGATORS HAVE LONG SUSPECTED: SOME UAP ARE VEHICLES CONTROLLED BY NON-HUMAN INTELLIGENCES (NHI)"

Apologies, this is not a question on the press release...but I'd be grateful if you could find time to fit it in -

Greg Bishop has stated that Bill Moore was given a map of the Nevada Test Site with locations on it labelled as ‘S4’ and ‘Saucer Mesa’ in 1984. I know that also around this timeframe Bruce was given maps of Albuquerque and Kirtland Air Force Base from Lt. Col. Ernie Kellerstrass with certain UFO information marked on it.

Did Bruce ever see Moore’s S4 maps? And if so, does he know who gave them to Moore?

Apologies, this is not a question on the press release...but I'd be grateful if you could find time to fit it in -

Greg Bishop has stated that Bill Moore was given a map of the Nevada Test Site with locations on it labelled as ‘S4’ and ‘Saucer Mesa’ in 1984. I know that also around this timeframe Bruce was given maps of Albuquerque and Kirtland Air Force Base from Lt. Col. Ernie Kellerstrass with certain UFO information marked on it.

Did Bruce ever see Moore’s S4 maps? And if so, does he know who gave them to Moore?
Your question was asked. Thanks for posting ?

One more thing: Dr. Maccabee returns for this weekend's After The Paracast, where he continues to talk about his investigations into the Gulf Breeze UFO and about his press release, as posted above.

After The Paracast is part of The Paracast+, and we welcome your subscription.

Long-term subscribers will receive a free coupon code for the James Fox UFO documentary "The Phenomenon" while supplies last. It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

A pretty decent drummer. Wonder how he'd do with a song I actually like.
That style of expression takes a little getting used to. It bothers some people a lot. Others can recognize and appreciate the technical expertise required to pull it off, and still not enjoy it much. I'm somewhere in between, and it depends a lot on the overall performance. I have a couple of CDs by a band called Neuraxis which is even more relentless and gruff. You will not likely get through the full track, but if you read the lyrics, you can actually hear the words if you try ...

Neuraxis - Versus

Idol to many
Monument of strength and authority
Standing vehement
Rational behavior that inspires millions
Concrete statement
Glorious logic
Slowly appealed to the other side
Secretly seduced by the opposite
Versus
A conscience divided
Mentally overflowed
Versus
The structure suffers
Causing a rupture of identity
A simple purpose turned into obsession
Unconscious quest to attain liberation
The structure suffers
Overflowed with possibilities
Versus
It is imminent, reality clashes
Through the mirror, reflects the terror
The truth that lies beneath...
The difference between the light and the darkness
Obscure influence that blinds from the struggle
A choice of two evils, raging war, one against the other
With both paths painted in crimson colors
A violent contrast
The present versus the past
Those abstract images from the future
Confronts the real and the unpure
On the verge of extinction, at the limit of knowledge
All the principles of virtue are engulfed in a void
This unknown reaction, response to the pulse
Empowered by the fall
A total denial of convictions...
Is this all an illusion?
Is there even a solution?
Versus​

That's not fusion , it's black metal.
Fusion, in my vocabulary, is a much more general term that deals with the technical aspects of the music, typically marked by precision and arrangements that have evolved across a number of genres, while "black metal" is a much more specific term that according to its definition, has more to with the intent of the music and was coined by the English band Venom with their second album Black Metal (1982). Apparently, black metal need not be as technically precise as what we see in Maccabee's performance. In fact, I'd say we can clearly see elements of metal fusion here, so I wouldn't say I'm wrong, nor would I say you're wrong. If someone were to say "black metal fusion", I would probably have to agree.

Last edited:
Ah yes ... Jazz Fusion, where it all began. From there it made it's way into rock where it was also known as progressive or art-rock e.g. Yes, Crimson, and as rock evolved into metal, certain elements were passed along the gene pool. You can hear them reflected in the harmonies, timing, stops, and technical precision of Ashley's piece ... so agreed, it's a far cry from old-school jazz fusion, but there's still a "fusion" of styles in there that kick it up a notch from raw base-metal shredding. Have another listen and try to overlook the gruff vocals ( they're not my favorite either )

BTW: Here's something that I think of when I think of the first jazz fusion I got into .... Billy Cobham - Stratus

Last edited:
Back