• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

We Got Him!: Ask Richard Doty!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Richard Doty is one of the more unusual figures in the UFO field and there are claims and rumors surrounding him. I've been after him for years to come on The Paracast and just answer questions about his background and experience.

They key here is that this is not meant as an interrogation, but a fact-finding mission and we want to give him his due and find out what he's really all about, and we welcome your questions.

He says:

Richard Doty was born in New York State but grew up in a military family. Richard served his country in the US Air Force. Richard was hired by the Air Force Office of Special Investigation after attending intelligence course taught by the DIA and CIA. Richard served at Kirtland AFB as a counterintelligence officer. Richard saw duty at Nevada Test Site, Air Force Test Center, Detachment 3, Groomlake, Nevada. Richard investigated the Coyote Canyon UFO sighting on Kirtland AFB and the Paul Bennewitz incident. Richard was also assigned to AFOSI European Headquarters, Wiesbaden Germany as a counterespionage agent. After leaving the AFOSI, Richard was assigned to an Air Force Reserve unit. Richard Left AFOSI and was employed by the State of New Mexico. Richard is retired and is employed as a consultant.

This episode will be recorded Thursday from 6 PM until 8 PM Mountain Time.

• Was there ever any real Falcon a.k.a. Harry Rositzke? Or was the Falcon just a part you played in the whole aviary scheme?
  • Do you think Friedman is totally misled by the MJ-12 documents? If so, who do you think is behind the forgeries?
  • What more can you say about MJ-12?
  • Is the Falcon in the Bennewitz case either you or the Falcon you've been alleged to have covered for in the CIA?
  • If you've read Grant Cameron's coverage, how close is he to having it all right?

Last edited:
Richard: it's clear you basically made up a modern mythology and that false narrative was funded by the US government. That is not my question, because that is not in dispute.

My question is why?

From the vantage point of your professional expertise, would you please comment on Tom DeLonge and To The Stars Academy, its wide world of spooks members, and the big press release in mid-December?

Randall, I’m providing some lengthy background, but from it, you should be able to craft a couple of important questions.

In 2005, Rick Doty was interviewed on Coast to Coast AM with host Art Bell, along with Greg Bishop, to promote the book, “Project Beta.”
Open Minds has the (slightly imperfect) transcript of the show.

http://www.openminds.tv/wp-content/...M-with-host-Art-Bell-Interview-Transcript.pdf

Here’s three extracts that provide background for the question I’d like you to ask Doty:

(Page 11) Four UFO disinformation cases, says Doty:

Bell: Richard, how many other cases like Paul’s (Paul Bennewitz) were you involved in when you worked for OSI?

Doty: Um, three... Four total... pertaining to just UFOs, it was the four operations... one was Linda Howe. (Which they discuss)

(Page 31) The topic of the two disinformation cases besides Bennewitz and Howe:

Bell: How much damage do you think official disinformation put out by people like you at that time has done to Ufology?”

Doty: Probably, it did some harm, yeah. Absolutely, not so much what I did, but there were some others. You are talking about small level operations that I did. Two that I told you about, two others that have never been disclosed…

Bell: Would you like to disclose them?

RD: No, one of them was a total failure. I mean total failure, and the other one, no has ever written about it…

Bell: Which one would that be?

Doty: I am not going to tell you. I am not going to go into details on it, because that would be opening Pandora’s box.

Bell: Well, we specialize in those kinds of boxes here. Perhaps you could, we are coming up on a break, so perhaps you could figure out if there is a way you could talk about it without naming specific names or something. Some way of giving us an idea what was done.

Doty: OK

They go to a commercial break, but at the end of the show, Bell returns to the “two others.”

(Page 38) Secret Nevada airlines and Cash-Landrum:

Bell: "...I need to ask you if there is anything else that you have been holding back, I mean there was that operation for example that you were gonna tell us a little bit about."

Doty: "Well, basically one of the operations that was successful involved an airlines in Nevada that flew people to a certain location... From one place to another. That was an operation, and the second one was the Cash-Landrum…"

Bell interrupts, saying he knows something about the airline (which seems to be Janet flights to Area 51), but when he asks for more,

Doty: I’m not going to go into details. It’s kind of a long... (The show ends.)

_ _ _

To summarize, Doty says he conducted four UFO disinformation operations:
  • Paul Bennewitz
  • Linda Mouton Howe
  • Nevada airlines to secret location (he says it was “successful” -Janet to Area 51?)
  • Cash-Landrum (which seems to be the one he said was “ a total failure.”
I’d like you to ask Doty about those disinformation operations, without tipping him off that you know what he’s previously claimed. The Bennewitz and Howe episodes are well-known and documented, what we need to know more about are the other two, what the purpose was and how they succeeded or failed, and also what effect they had on the UFO community.

Secondly, in the Bell interview Doty said his operations may have done a small amount of harm, but suggested there were others that he was not involved in that did much more harm. Doty needs to tell us more about these other programs, what information was spread, and who was involved.

Good luck with the show!

Curt

Last edited:
Dear Gene and Randall, please ask Mr Doty:
If Nocebo and Placebo are 'real'? and if so: then are UFOs and Bigfoot etc also?

1st question: Richard, as simply as you can state it, where do you personally come down on the reality of UFOs, and what (if any) information from your professional time within intelligence has shaped those conclusions.

2nd questions: Richard, in Greg Bishop's book, "Project Beta," Bill Moore indicated to Greg that Hynek was involved in the disinfo campaign against Paul Bennewitz, can you confirm or deny that claim? If yes, what other instances of disinfo was Hynek involved in. If no, why do you think Moore would have said that?

3rd question: Do you have any opinions of Bob Lazar?

Randall, I’m providing some lengthy background, but from it, you should be able to craft a couple of important questions.

In 2005, Rick Doty was interviewed on Coast to Coast AM with host Art Bell, along with Greg Bishop, to promote the book, “Project Beta.”
Open Minds has the (slightly imperfect) transcript of the show.

http://www.openminds.tv/wp-content/...M-with-host-Art-Bell-Interview-Transcript.pdf

Here’s three extracts that provide background for the question I’d like you to ask Doty:

(Page 11) Four UFO disinformation cases, says Doty:

Bell: Richard, how many other cases like Paul’s (Paul Bennewitz) were you involved in when you worked for OSI?

Doty: Um, three... Four total... pertaining to just UFOs, it was the four operations... one was Linda Howe. (Which they discuss)

(Page 31) The topic of the two disinformation cases besides Bennewitz and Howe:

Bell: How much damage do you think official disinformation put out by people like you at that time has done to Ufology?”

Doty: Probably, it did some harm, yeah. Absolutely, not so much what I did, but there were some others. You are talking about small level operations that I did. Two that I told you about, two others that have never been disclosed…

Bell: Would you like to disclose them?

RD: No, one of them was a total failure. I mean total failure, and the other one, no has ever written about it…

Bell: Which one would that be?

Doty: I am not going to tell you. I am not going to go into details on it, because that would be opening Pandora’s box.

Bell: Well, we specialize in those kinds of boxes here. Perhaps you could, we are coming up on a break, so perhaps you could figure out if there is a way you could talk about it without naming specific names or something. Some way of giving us an idea what was done.

Doty: OK

They go to a commercial break, but at the end of the show, Bell returns to the “two others.”

(Page 38) Secret Nevada airlines and Cash-Landrum:

Bell: "...I need to ask you if there is anything else that you have been holding back, I mean there was that operation for example that you were gonna tell us a little bit about."

Doty: "Well, basically one of the operations that was successful involved an airlines in Nevada that flew people to a certain location... From one place to another. That was an operation, and the second one was the Cash-Landrum…"

Bell interrupts, saying he knows something about the airline (which seems to be Janet flights to Area 51), but when he asks for more,

Doty: I’m not going to go into details. It’s kind of a long... (The show ends.)

_ _ _

To summarize, Doty says he conducted four UFO disinformation operations:
  • Paul Bennewitz
  • Linda Mouton Howe
  • Nevada airlines to secret location (he says it was “successful” -Janet to Area 51?)
  • Cash-Landrum (which seems to be the one he said was “ a total failure.”
I’d like you to ask Doty about those disinformation operations, without tipping him off that you know what he’s previously claimed. The Bennewitz and Howe episodes are well-known and documented, what we need to know more about are the other two, what the purpose was and how they succeeded or failed, and also what effect they had on the UFO community.

Secondly, in the Bell interview Doty said his operations may have done a small amount of harm, but suggested there were others that he was not involved in that did much more harm. Doty needs to tell us more about these other programs, what information was spread, and who was involved.

Good luck with the show!

Curt

LOL,@ "I’d like you to ask Doty about those disinformation operations, without tipping him off that you know what he’s previously claimed..."

I am sure he would just read your post and know everything. The idea Doty would not come onto the website that is about to interview him and read HIS own thread, is laughable. Good thing these intellects are the ones, "reframing the debate..."

Last edited:
Rescheduled for March 15, same bat time......

He said they had some kind of breakdown and said next week would work better for him.

We have a great cell connection with him, so it should sound good.

I'll let you know what we plan for Friday's postponed recording session.

From Doty:

"I want to apologize for the mishap yesterday. We were delayed by a break down with a vehicle in a very remote location in Nevada. Please accept my apology. March 15 at 6PM is good for me. I have no other plans for next week."

From Doty:

"I want to apologize for the mishap yesterday. We were delayed by a break down with a vehicle in a very remote location in Nevada. Please accept my apology. March 15 at 6PM is good for me. I have no other plans for next week."

Same again please:

Dear Gene and Randall, please ask Mr Doty:
If Nocebo and Placebo are 'real'? and if so: then are UFOs and Bigfoot etc also?

Back