• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Was Richard Doty the Serpo hoaxer?

Racer X

Paranormal Novice
.. or one of the hoaxers? That is, was he the author of the Serpo emails?

What's the scoop? If yes, what is the evidence?

Many people think he was involved, yes. It was proven that he was the person behind the name "Paul McGovern". And possibly "Anonymous" too.

Greg Bishop would know a lot more.

I understand that Kevin Ryan helped hoax it - he's one of the people behind the Project Camelot website that promotes horrendous people like "Dr" Bill Deagle.

Anyway this website may give you some more info:

http://www.realityuncovered.net

I've not gone through the entire site yet, but apparently the people who contribute to the site helped uncover the serpo hoax. As hoaxes go ... that probably wasn't that hard a thing to achieve :D.

You mean Bill Ryan?

He wasnt behind the hoax, but he did bring it the public by starting the original serpo website.

You mean Bill Ryan?

He wasnt behind the hoax, but he did bring it the public by starting the original serpo website.

Yep you're right. I did mean Bill Ryan. Sooo ... who the heck is Kevin Ryan??? Maybe I"m getting my ufologists in a twist ... Kevin Randle maybe??

Anyway, I still think Bill Ryan is partly to blame for Serpo ... I mean he DID start the website up as you just stated. Huge big screaming exclamation marks/points no???? Got to remember he is partly responsible for the horror that is Project (s)Camelot as well.

Oh well ... maybe its only obvious to me :D.

Here's what I wrote on the subject in February of 2007. After the post, Rick Doty emailed me and said that he never wanted to talk to me again.

A follow-up chronicled my wish to stay away from such nonsense in the future, at least publicly.

No, believe me, I agree with you about Bill Ryan. Dude is not innocent.

Camelot is a travesty.

Phew ... thought I might have been being delusional again :D. Anyway, its pretty damn clear that Project Camelot is a pile of horse dung by just looking at the lovely names on their video interview list. For instance: Clifford Stone, Jim "I seem to have extremely fabulous bladder control" Sparks, Dan "Stargate Stargate Stagate" Burish, David "What a load of cock" Wilcock etc etc etc ... but then again I'm preaching to the converted :D.

So anyway, I'm off now to read the entry on Ufomystic just pointed out to us by spacebrother. Thanks Greg ... its always nice to get the other side of the story as it were :p

para: dig around the forums a bit and youll find quite a few "camelot lol" threads. At least a few of them authored by me.

I wonder if he's going for a 'Crocodile Dundee' look or if he's just covering his bald spots.Still, I see what they are trying to do, but with a non-inquisitive mindset...Dan Burisch..yeah, lets believe that crap.

*was referring to 'Project Camelot' *

.. or one of the hoaxers? That is, was he the author of the Serpo emails?
I may be completely wrong, so disclaimer, I reserve the right to be completely wrong. But I seem to remember that the paracast talked abouth this subject in like 2006 (it was a very early episode) and I thought the conclusion of their discussion was that he was involved. I think the guest, I forget who, talked about tracing the IP address of some of his e-mail to a webTV account owned by Doty. But my memory is not completely clear on this subject.

I may be completely wrong, so disclaimer, I reserve the right to be completely wrong. But I seem to remember that the paracast talked abouth this subject in like 2006 (it was a very early episode) and I thought the conclusion of their discussion was that he was involved. I think the guest, I forget who, talked about tracing the IP address of some of his e-mail to a webTV account owned by Doty. But my memory is not completely clear on this subject.

Well if you read this thread (and follow some links) you wont need to reserve the right to be wrong;)

Because youll know definitely one way or the other.

I was just saying theres a fair amount of info on the topic in this thread. Greg Bishop's acticles especially.

Back