• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Violence on Paris streets

ddd999

King of Mars
Violence on Paris streets as millions protest against Nicolas Sarkozy's handling of economic crisis

Violent skirmishes broke out in Paris last night after a day in which millions took to the streets as part of a nationwide protest over the government's handling of the economic crisis.

LINK

Attachments

• ddd999.jpg
    ddd999.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 37
How unexpected of the people who some 200+ years ago lopped off the heads of the elite when they couldn't take it anymore.

I for one am shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you!

How unexpected of the people who some 200+ years ago lopped off the heads of the elite when they couldn't take it anymore.

I for one am shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you!

so, how come they got balls and we don't???

oh, right. we're doing okay over here, aren't we?

seriously. why do the French find it so easy to just up and demonstrate their anger, when over here we all just lie down like puppies and take another whipping by another lousy politician selling off our rivers? selling off public works maintenance to private contractors? health care to private contractors? why aren't we angry about that? why don't we go out and set fire to a few cars here and there? you know, give the auto industry some new business!

Actually, we are. Canada's one of the top 3 industrialized nations during this current economic downturn (ie nations for whom the impact has been minimal so far). Economists say the credit is mostly due to our strict regulatory systems. Imagine that.

If it actually starts getting bad, then we'll see... although we are an apathetic people...

seriously. why do the French find it so easy to just up and demonstrate their anger, when over here we all just lie down like puppies and take another whipping by another lousy politician selling off our rivers? selling off public works maintenance to private contractors? health care to private contractors? why aren't we angry about that? why don't we go out and set fire to a few cars here and there? you know, give the auto industry some new business!
More to the point, why do they think we are a bunch of war mongering violence prone psychos and they are so damned civilized. I really dont like the French. Parisians are the worst. IMO that is.

It's not just French...

UK: "Police are preparing to face a "summer of rage" in the UK as people join protests over the economic downturn, says a senior Met Police officer." BBC

Greece is on fire for the past few months:

"On the night of Saturday, December 6th, two Special Guards of the Greek police clashed with a small group of young men and caused the death of 15-year-old.
This incident sparked an immediate and widespread response in the form of angry demonstrations and riots in many Greek cities that have continued at varying levels to this day.

Alexander's death appears to have been a catalyst, unleashing widespread Greek anger towards many issues - police mistreatment of protesters, unwelcome education reforms, economic stagnation, government corruption and more.

Latest: March 2009

A bomb has exploded behind a bank in Athens, damaging two cars but causing no injuries, Greek police have said.

I'm afraid things have to get MUCH worse before the majority of well-adjusted sheeple wake up. Many seem to still think all this is a joke, not real, a "conspiracy theory".

People have a tendency to wait until it's too late. Then, when they finally realise they have been cornered, they blindly lash out at everything that moves.

We've got interesting times ahead of us.

I have only recently come to the time in my life when I actually follow the news. If I did not know better, I would say that these kind of things have been ongoing since at least the 60's. My point is that recession prosperity cycles seem to be an inherit part of our new world order. At the tail end of the last recession cycle we had the LA riots, now Europe is having a go at it. This is going to be a common sight for the foreseeable future. If these protests continue to be this disruptive, then the governments of the world are going to roll back civil liberties, increase domestic spying, and restrict the right to protest. The new order of things (new world order, the changing world whatever) is not some grand conspiracy. It is just the logical outcome of the monetary system. The people who are involved in this globalization scheme are not evil godless occultists. They are insightful, intelligent, and powerful people. They know that there will be bad economic times and that the poor will get pissed. They say to themselves "what will we do if they get out of hand?". They will of course increase security measures. Good are the nations who's sense of nationalism will increase there tolerance for misery. Good are the nations who are taught to be selfish and not care for their fellow brothers. The new world order is not coming. Its already here, and honestly is it really that bad? Resistance is futile! Ahahahahahaha. Burp.:eek:

Back