• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

US orders ban on 'unsafe' trans fats by 2016

This one torques me off, considering my impressive collection of coronary stents over the last 12 years. And I don't need to quote stats re American rates of heart disease. Hydrogenated oils have been around for at least 50 years (longer really). And the experts have apparently just now come to the epiphany that they are poison for our arteries? This should have been known and acknowledged many years ago.

This one torques me off, considering my impressive collection of coronary stents over the last 12 years. And I don't need to quote stats re American rates of heart disease. Hydrogenated oils have been around for at least 50 years (longer really). And the experts have apparently just now come to the epiphany that they are poison for our arteries? This should have been known and acknowledged many years ago.

Sounds like a similar story to the link between lung cancer and smoking which was covered up for many years.

Back