• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Up coming Rich Dolan episode - questions for Gene & Dave

Free episodes:

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
Assuming you havent recorded the interview yet...

Could ask Rich to address some of the issues raised in the other Rich Dolan thread that I started a few months ago? Specifically the issue that he is erring too far on the side of the new age BS, and that maybe Karyn Dolan is dragging him in that direction.

Also Id love to hear his response to Paul Kimballs review of his first book. Paul raised some very good points about what it takes to be a historian, as well as pointing out that much the book is based on informed speculation.

Im still a fan of Rich and his book, but theres a few things Id like to hear him address. If the interview is already in the can then I guess this will have to wait for next time.

Well, I personally think that it would be a very bad idea to suggest that his wife, Karyn Dolan, is dragging him into anything bad. I mean, that's his fucking wife, man. Come on. How about a little sensitivity? I absolutely would not say anything like that, but I'm sure that I don't need to say that to Gene or Dave, since they have character and show respect where it is due.

Im not the one that needs to show sensitivity. I was just making a suggestion. The hosts can choose whether to ignore it or not and of course they will show sensitivity when interviewing.

The suggestion was based on my frustration at some of the fucking ridiculous woo-woo new-age believer bullshit guests she has on her show sometimes.

We did NOT bring up Dolan's wife, it's not relevant to the conversation. And yeah, we'd like to have Rich back on in the future, though I got so frustrated during the conversation that I didn't say anything for the last 1/2 hour of the show (which will certainly delight my "fans"). felt like my hed was gonna explode.

I'm burning out on all this stuff, between the Dolan and Bassett interviews, I'm really feeling like this is all moot. Dolan is a smart guy, but he's got too many friendships in the field, he's not willing to be openly critical. Bassett is a person who is hungry for attention, and this field is the only place where he can get anyone to pay attention to him. For my money, I think he's heavily pissing in the pool.

I need a break from all this junk. Anyone want to step in for me for the next few months? Schuyler, up for a challenge?

dB

David - if you are getting emotionally burnt out from this stuff you definitely need to take a break.

Since I've discovered the Paracast I have been obsessed with listening to the archives, watching DVDs, reading books (ironically I just started Dolan's book) and just generally having this enigma running in the back of my mind. All with having other hobbies, working full time, and (most importantly) keeping a girl happy.

Early December some strange things started happening and I really felt like my mind was about to crack. I packed it up and left it alone for a month. My grandfather used to say all you ever has is your health and once that's gone...

Now I've stepped back in but once it's time to put the book down, it goes down. One or two archived Paracast shows a week instead of five or six.

David - your contribution to this subject is immense. I really don't think I would follow it if you weren't involved in a leadership role. That being said, maybe a vacation is due - recharge the batteries - and then refocus the investigation.

I've been thinking for awhile that there needs to be some real thought experiments applied to the various hypotheses in this field and the Paracast would be a great way to investigate them.

The data shows that there are unidentified flying objects that cannot be explained in conventional manners. The data shows that sightings are increasing each year (at least in Canada according to UFOROM - 2008 sightings increased by 26% http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hjYLqKGjdmXCSwhTxeT6kkGopxXQ).

Anyways, I am not sure where I am going with this specifically. But, what I want to say is that perhaps it is time for the Paracast to start soliciting contributions from its listeners? I would put my hat in the ring for a weekly 5 minute contribution. Perhaps others could do the same? Shoulder some of the investigative burden.

I think the two hour one guest format week after week takes away from something although I am not sure what it is... sometimes the interviews get a little speculative and unfocussed towards the end...

Just thoughts. I do know that the subject needs a recharged and focussed guided missile named David Biedny.

We did NOT bring up Dolan's wife, it's not relevant to the conversation. And yeah, we'd like to have Rich back on in the future, though I got so frustrated during the conversation that I didn't say anything for the last 1/2 hour of the show (which will certainly delight my "fans"). felt like my hed was gonna explode.

I'm burning out on all this stuff, between the Dolan and Bassett interviews, I'm really feeling like this is all moot. Dolan is a smart guy, but he's got too many friendships in the field, he's not willing to be openly critical. Bassett is a person who is hungry for attention, and this field is the only place where he can get anyone to pay attention to him. For my money, I think he's heavily pissing in the pool.

I need a break from all this junk. Anyone want to step in for me for the next few months? Schuyler, up for a challenge?

dB

What makes this show special is not who you interview, but how.
if you need a break take one, but i honestly think you will find the role of observer even more frustrating that that of participant.

im of the mind that whats happening is one of the most important facets of human history ever.
the manner in which this show is capturing the data as it unfolds is unique and valuable.

historians of the future will be grateful, not only for what you've recorded for posterity, but the thorough no nonsense manner in which you do.

dB
I can imagine you would; it's a frustrating area of concentration, I'm sure, filled with charlatans, phonies, self-dubbed "experts", nuts and near-nuts.

The notion of having listeners fill-in is not, for me, very appealing. The balance offered by Gene and David is part of the show's appeal. A major part of the appeal, however, is also the vetting done on guests and the pointed inquiries. I seriously doubt that would be the case with people without the cache or backgrounds to credibly challenge a guest. With apologies for the bad analogy, temps never do the job as well as the regular admin assistant. If you really want a break, may I suggest asking some capable and noted personalities to sit in with Gene; perhaps Mac Tonnies, Paul Kimbal, Jeff Ritzmann, etc.

David - your contribution to this subject is immense. I really don't think I would follow it if you weren't involved in a leadership role.

I have to agree with that too.

First a disclaimer here. Everything written below is my private oppinion, it is not ment to offend David. I have stated this, because I think the last time I managed to piss you off in case Corso,Birnes,Transistor.

I have to agree with you David, doing this is moot. You will never know the truth, period. Do it for the fun. If you think it is not funny anymore, and you have a better reason to burn your freetime, then do what you have to do. But first, read this.

When I was a kid, I was one of the do-I-believer type. (If that's not how it is written, sorry, no native english speaker here). As I enrolled in university, and and chores took over, my interest faded. After taking a 10 year break or so, I started listenening to C2C. Until I discovered the Paracast, a little bit after the beginning, that was all I listened to. Listening to the Paracast was pretty much life changing for me, now I never listen to anything else. You guys opened my eyes, and besides the things planted in me in the Uni, you helped to improve my critical thinking. Maybe this is of some value to you, maybe not, I don't know, and I don't really care, but I owe you a big THX for that, and I think I'm not alone. Maybe this helps deciding what to do.

I noticed lately you are taking this too seriously, as I'm not an experiencer, I don't think I can understand, what drives you, but I think you have to be more relaxed. If you are a little bit more less serious about this, that does still not mean you will start to be like Noory, there are still a couple of levels between the two of you.

By the way, the part where Dolan says he thinks that if "we" (humans, or "you", US guys, take your pick) have mile long black triangles, they would have been useful to show off in Iraq or Afganisthan, I think that is a No. First, your non-classified U.S.A.F stuff, currently in service, runs circles around what we have available in other parts of the world. You have 5. generation fighters in service, while the lucky of us have those only on drawing board, the rest of the world just in their dreams, the best they can come up with is generation 4.5.

I don't have to mention that Iraq and Afganisthan is not even there, it is totally unnecessary to show off flying cities above them, no sane decision maker would send those in battle there, "IF" you have them.

Unfortunately, the UFO field is infested with the likes of Linda Moulton Howe, Dr. Greer, and the likes. Whether it is a website, books or lectures these people all seem to derive their livelihoods from these things. Ufology is one of the few studies where anyone can hang out a shingle and call themselves an 'expert'. These so-called experts need to constantly come up with the next revelation in order to stay in the game and make money. Frankly, I don't know where calling these people out does any good. If you knock one down, there seems to be someone else who will pop up and take their place. Let's face the facts. Since 1947, what exactly have we learned? Very little, I'm afraid, a few fragments, that when put together, seem to only lead to more questions. It's very frustrating to a lot of people who are seeking some true answers.

I have to agree with that too.

First a disclaimer here. Everything written below is my private oppinion, it is not ment to offend David. I have stated this, because I think the last time I managed to piss you off in case Corso,Birnes,Transistor.

I have to agree with you David, doing this is moot. You will never know the truth, period. Do it for the fun. If you think it is not funny anymore, and you have a better reason to burn your freetime, then do what you have to do. But first, read this.

When I was a kid, I was one of the do-I-believer type. (If that's not how it is written, sorry, no native english speaker here). As I enrolled in university, and and chores took over, my interest faded. After taking a 10 year break or so, I started listenening to C2C. Until I discovered the Paracast, a little bit after the beginning, that was all I listened to. Listening to the Paracast was pretty much life changing for me, now I never listen to anything else. You guys opened my eyes, and besides the things planted in me in the Uni, you helped to improve my critical thinking. Maybe this is of some value to you, maybe not, I don't know, and I don't really care, but I owe you a big THX for that, and I think I'm not alone. Maybe this helps deciding what to do.

I noticed lately you are taking this too seriously, as I'm not an experiencer, I don't think I can understand, what drives you, but I think you have to be more relaxed. If you are a little bit more less serious about this, that does still not mean you will start to be like Noory, there are still a couple of levels between the two of you.

Thats an great point.
if it hadnt been for this show i wouldnt have known the one armed swiss farmer was full of it, in fact with all the adds i keep running into for his site, i might have been drawn in, and had my time wasted. ended up a doe eyed believer (doe = deer a female deer) :D.

if your not getting no satisfaction...........(as a man with lips like a gash in a ripe tomato once sang) then you should leave, and that applys to any job , you should always try and enjoy what you do, and if you hate it you should stop, lifes too long, as the lemming said.

but again i honestly think, you would enjoy even less being a listener only.
think about how you feel and react listening to other shows........then imagine being in the same place listening to the paracast.

but if you really have lost your passion for the task, then you should seek it elsewhere, your passion for the topic is neccessary for you to do the job properly.
when a bulb burns out, you replace it, lest someone trip in the dark and take a fall.

why did you start doing the show ?, what did you hope to acheive, what was in it for you ?

I really enjoyed this weeks show, I enjoy hearing people who have done the leg work offer up their speculations, even if I don't agree with them.

I think in Rich's discussion and personal views, he takes a different approach than the one that is often highlighted on the paracast. Instead of avoiding anyone who 'pisses in the pool' his view has incorporated a lot of the sketchy stuff which he tries to read between the lines of, which I get, as long as he doesn't try to play his opinion off as facts uncovered by a 'historian', which as far as I know, he doesn't.

I do think Rich is becoming a bit of an overzealous conspiracy enthusiast, I think he believes in some of the 911 hoax material and many of his theories really sounded Greerian to me (yes, as in Steve Greer). Of course, it's easy to see why that would happen, the more of this stuff you read and research the more you realize we don't know much about what is really going on.

I think one thing a lot of us who have listened to this show (as well as Jeff and Jeremy) are starting to get, is just how strange, multi-faceted, subjective and 'one sided' this phenomena is in dictating the interaction, and how much this high strange stuff is not usually discussed in this field in any real serious way.

This depiction seems at odds with a phenomena that can be captured or analyzed and replicated in a lab by defense contractors.

So is the UFO issue one that has been tangible and studied by our top minds who have been able to replicate some archaic versions of this technology which is kept secret? Or is this issue completely baffling to those in the know and the only thing they can do is try to keep the public from realizing we have no control and no ability to really engage this phenomena on our terms? Or is it a little bit of both? Either way, I believe 100% there is a cover up of some kind.

I really think the layers of the onion on this stuff is potentially the way reality actually works.

I think if you use a microscope to look at your skin you will see at each level of magnification something that looks very different. First it's hair and skin, then your pores, then cells, then molecules as you increase magnification to try to see what's the source and then atoms, electrons, etc.............. you keep pealing back layers to see what the building block is until you see....... Nothingness. But the only microscope that has this ability is sold in Tibet :)

A few misc thoughts:

As MJ-12 and Bennewitz came up this is another great opportunity to link to Philip Coppens series of articles that largely deal with intelligence agencies and their involvement with the subject. Of particular interest here are "Driving Mr. Bennewitz Insane" and "MJ-12: Majestic, or Incredulous".

It is interesting to note that the very first appearance of the term MJ-12 in UFO lore occurred in a document passed to Bennewitz by Bill Moore. From the MJ-12 article: "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]in February 1981, Moore had given Bennewitz a pre-Majestic 12 document, known as the “Project Aquarius Telex”, which was a communication from AFOSI (Air Force Office of Special Investigations) headquarters in Washington to Kirtland AFB office. One sentence stated “The official US Government policy and results of Project Aquarius is still classified and with restricted access to ‘MJ Twelve’.” It was the first mention of “MJ-12” – made in the middle of a disinformation campaign, sent to the person who was the target of that campaign."[/SIZE][/FONT]

I think one could reasonably sum up the thrust of Coppen's series of articles as arguing that whatever the reality of the ufo phenomenon actually is, at some point various intelligence agencies decided to start actively promoting what he has coined the "aliens on ice" scenario which basically boils down to "we have crashed saucers and bodies". There are probably a variety of reasons why this was thought to be a worthy effort, among them a legitimate need to cover various advanced development programs and what seems to be a convenient synergy with MKULTRA-esque work that probably continued after the Church Comittee in 1975.

Being able to make sure someone shouts "E.T.!" around a secret goes a long way towards making sure that only the fringe will take interest. Will Congress renew an interest in more financial oversight of your secret program that has been outed by the ufo crowd as proof of the alliance with the reptoids?

As to the triangles, Dolan was referring to the 1989 Chris Gibson sighting. As to "What makes them go!!??" I would guess that the ones that need to refuel with KC-135's probably run on jet fuel. It should be noted that Gibson did not describe this particular isosceles triangle as being exceptionally large. This may very well be the invisible third member of the F-117 and B-2 complimentary triad reported to be a fast surveillance, electronic warfare and targeting platform that has long be suspected to exist by mainstream aviation buffs.

Also interesting is that the first triangle wave that Dolan mentioned happened to be in an area around where advanced aircraft are developed and around the time(early to mid 1970's) that we know the stealth program was in full swing in that area.

The really big and low-flying triangles and delta reports are certainly fascinating. The 100-500 ft widths seem like they could be clever packaging of advanced but conventional technology along with sophisticated EWAR. Reports of mile-wide(that's 5,280 feet) craft are deeply disturbing but I have to consider them to be outliers when looking at the overall pattern. I would very much like to see a good survey of triangle reports that show how many high quality reports there are indicating such extreme sizes.

The question Dolan raised of whether or not the fact that these don't seem to have been used in Iraq/Afghanistan indicate that these are E.T. derived products strikes me as incredibly naive. As pointed out by DeeJay above, if you had an advanced aircraft like this you would never casually pimp it around esp. when you already have a half-dozen other unclassified and class-leading aircraft that could do whatever you needed to do against an insurgency with zero air power. The only time something like this would come out of the garage is when you have a critical job and no other platform can substitute.

It may be reasonable to argue that some of the big triangle waves that Dolan mentioned (Belgium and early Soviet collapse) occurred at a time that decision makers would have viewed as critical pivot points in history. This is right around when the Berlin wall came down and if there was ever a time in the past 50 years when you would have wanted all of your surveillance tools in play I'm guessing it was then. Satellite coverage would need to be augmented and you couldn't exactly go running your conventional jets into the very well-defended communist turf.

If you have a platform with the capabilities that are widely reported with black triangle sightings you are going to keep that under wraps as long as you are able regardless of what kind of technology is involved. Considering the near impossibility of constructing nuclear power plants on the ground in the United States after Three Mile Island in 1979 how likely is it that you would willingly reveal an operational flying nuclear powerplant driving some kind of advanced electrostic propulsion that interfered with society's electronics -- if something like that existed?

The black triangles certainly are fascinating but discounting the mile-wide ones I can imagine something like this without resorting to either E.T. or breakthroughs in gravity control.

Of course I could be completely wrong on all of the above and clearly the ufo question is not resolved by clever black projects and disinfo alone but Dolan seemed to make a great number of leaps of conspiracy faith in this interview. That's how it came across to me. Did Wilson become upset because Dolan discovered his knowledge of E.T. projects or because he realized his anticipated vanity interview that was arranged under false pretenses had evaporated into a ufo conspiracy ambush?

Keep calling them out no matter who they are. That's why I listen anyways.

Attachments

• reptoids.jpg
    reptoids.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 40
I found Dolan's answer to be pretty naive as well. If these humongous craft exist ( and are ours ), have some incredibly powerful propulsion systems and weapons you really wouldn't deploy such a craft for urban and cave warfare. Come on! I would assume this thing goes out when the shit really hits the fan.

I certainly don't claim to have a lock on the truth, but I'd be willing to bet everything I own that we have nothing a mile long in the sky. Seriously - we don't have any craft near that size in the ocean, an aircraft even approaching that magnitude would be a much harder trick. According to public information, the largest aircraft ever made was the Hinderburg, at just over 800 feet. By comparison, the Spruce Goose (which I once visited in Long Beach, CA) is 275 feet long. One mile is 5280 feet, and the World Trade Center towers were around 1300 feet long. An aircraft a mile long would be about 4 of those towers laid end-to-end. Sorry, even in the deepest, darkest secret cavern the US military operates, I have a hard time believing that there's a mile-long covert craft of any sort. It's just not within our current technological abilties. And the thought of such a vessel being silent? I don't think so.

dB

I completely agree David. But I think you have to be careful saying "not within out current technological abilities". It comes down to one thing: Either we have anti-gravity propulsion or we dont.

If we do, then I see no reason why a mile long craft wouldnt be able to be built. I dont think we have built one, but once you go AG, size becomes less important.

I completely agree David. But I think you have to be careful saying "not within out current technological abilities". It comes down to one thing: Either we have anti-gravity propulsion or we dont.

If we do, then I see no reason why a mile long craft wouldnt be able to be built. I dont think we have built one, but once you go AG, size becomes less important.

To my mind, the issues of implementing an AG engine are quite different from the manufacturing tech you'd need to construct a craft a mile long. Two different problems, and yeah, I don't think we have AG technology at that level of development. Just my opinion...

dB

To my mind, the issues of implementing an AG engine are quite different from the manufacturing tech you'd need to construct a craft a mile long. Two different problems, and yeah, I don't think we have AG technology at that level of development. Just my opinion...

dB

Good point. Totally didnt think about manufacture. I was just thinking about the logistics of keeping such a craft in the air.

Back