• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO's Seen in Hawaii

Odd this was considered a ufo. Looks and behaves like a plane and contrail.

NC/SC had a major ufo sighting last Wed. I recall you lived in SC, so thought I'd mention it.

idontunderstand said:
If I see a video where someone says "little green men" again, I swear Im going to develop a nuclear warhead and launch it! lol

They seem to have gone in a different direction:

UIWrliKLEEo

Here, Olberman (interesting that that's TWICE now his show has covered such topics) talks to an "expert" who, while clearly very nervous to be on camera is pretty much talking out his ass. Surely he knew what he was going to be interviewed on, could he not have done some decent prep-work?

So is this a taste of the new paradigm? The media will now report the story without excessive mockery but will present it's audience with seemingly incompetant sources to muddy the waters?

Thanks for linking this vid Capn.

My parents told me they saw this the other night and I have been wanting to see it.

Only amazing thing is that Bill Hicks was mentioned. Well, that and the fact that they are airing crappy ufo footage. I've seen clips of vids of this new Hawaii "ufo" and I'm in shock. It looks like a contrail, no more, no less. I hear it changed directions, but sure haven't seen it do so.

The MUFON guy did seem nervous. Rightfully so. He was stepping into the lions den. But was it just me, or did he answer a question that wasn't asked at the end?

Shame. We have the press acting relatively ok about this subject of late, but now have a pitiful ufo case and a nervous as hell expert on.

I was pleased they showed the ufo photo of the major mass sighting we had in my area. The guy that took the photo said the ufo hovered basically. He had time to go into his home after seeing it and come out and take a pic. This wasn't discussed on the program unfortunately. Meteors don't hover. I suppose a die hard could say that the meteor was coming straight at the guy, but I didn't get that impression from his account. I linked to some info. on this sighting in the forum here for those interested in reading the details of the ufos flight pattern.

Contrails only form at very high altitudes (usually above 8 km) where the air is extremely cold (less than -40 degrees C). Other clouds can form at a range of altitudes, from very close to the ground, such as fog, to very high off the ground, such as cirrus clouds."

Condensation from wing-tip pressure
Main article: wingtip vortices
The wings of an airplane cause a drop in air pressure in the vicinity of the wing (this is partly what enables a plane to fly). This drop in air pressure brings with it a drop in temperature, which can cause water to condense out of the air and form a contrail but only at higher altitudes. At lower altitudes, this phenomenon is also known as "ectoplasm." Ectoplasm is more commonly seen during high energy manouvers like those of a fighter jet, or on jet liners during takeoff and landing, at areas of very low pressure, including over the wings, and often around turbo-fan intakes on takeoff.

Contrails and climate
Contrails, by affecting cloud formation, can act as a radiative forcing. Various studies have found that contrails trap outgoing longwave radiation emitted by the Earth and atmosphere (positive radiative forcing) at a greater rate than they reflect incoming solar radiation (negative radiative forcing). Therefore, the overall effect of contrails is a warming.[1] However, the effect varies daily and annually, and overall the size of the forcing is not well known: globally (for 1992 air traffic conditions), values range from 3.5 mW/m² to 17 mW/m². Other studies have determined that night flights are most responsible for the warming effect: while accounting for only 25% of daily air traffic, they contribute 60 to 80% of contrail radiative forcing. Similarly, winter flights account for only 22% of annual air traffic, but contribute half of the annual mean radiative forcing.[2]

mmm i dont know if it was a contrail(not saying every thing is a UFO) they shot off a Missiles that day, and there could be a plane doing maneuvers, or the missile did it. what hight was it at?

Back