• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO's and Tryptamine's

Zebra or the Logos

Skilled Investigator
I would like to tell you about an experience that I had in the summer of 2011 after taking 3.5 grams of mushrooms and smoking a good amount of cannabis. I am wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on this experience and if my questions parallel your own in some way.

I am 39 and have experience with mushrooms, LSD, MDMA, 2C-B, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, salvia, mescaline, ketamine, and cannabis dating back to 1991. I have had many strange, magnificent, terrifying and beautiful experiences but I have one particular experience that I would very much like to receive feedback on.

The sun was up and I was baseline having taken the shrooms at around midnight, standing outside my house in Santa Fe (New Mexico) smoking a cigarette. I was looking north-west toward Los Alamos, toward the Jemez mountains I think. I looked up and saw a small gray-silver craft hovering above the foothills that were probably 200 yds away from me. The craft was perhaps the most ridiculous looking thing that I had ever seen. It was if it were being dangled by a string, something from and Ed Wood movie. It was wobbly and kooky looking. I wanted to laugh but i was stunned and sort of immobile for a second. I shifted my gaze to refocus and regain my perspective and the craft appeared at whatever point in the sky that my eyes stopped at. It seemed like I was directing the position of the craft on the horizon with my gaze. It was impossibly fast and seemed to know, almost before I did, where I was going to look. The craft anticipated the shift of my my eyes and seemed a part of me.

I remember getting the distinct feeling that this was real, even more real than real and that I was somehow projecting this object from inside myself. It was an actual moment of the uncanny the Freudian Das Unheimliche. I thought of Jungian and Lacanian ideas about fugitive psychic energy escaping and manifesting itself in plain reality. I thought of the McKenna’s and their experiment at La Chorrera. I became paranoid and fear stricken that I had really lost it, that I had finally blown something loose. I ran over to some trees and hid my view from the craft. I waited for a second or two and then looked at the sky and there it was. We played peek-a-boo for several minutes as I would hide behind a tree and look up at the sky and it would, again, reappear. The craft seemed playful, benevolent and kind of bored but I really got paranoid as I felt that I could not get away from its all-seeing eye. I ran indoors into my bedroom and hid in my bed until I calmed down. I went back outside maybe 15 minutes later to see if it was still there and it was gone.

I couldn’t help being struck by how ridiculous the craft appeared, it really was kooky in a 1950’s Sci-fi double-feature kind of way. I felt a cruel irony of “here is your alien contact but it’s too absurd to talk about, not glamorous, sleek, cool or futuristic in any sense of the word so forget about people being interested in the story“. I don’t, of course, know if it was projected from my consciousness or not but the fact that it kept following, even anticipating my gaze left me thinking that it was attached to or a part of me. All of this was just so weird that it somehow made up for the banality of it all. I did feel attacked, kind of, as if it were able to gain control at any minute.

I am aware of the research of Terence Mckenna, Rick Strassman, John Lilly…etc. ..and I had been convinced that contact of this sort occurred in hyperspace and not with silver ships and little green men. So it left me with some questions, as mushrooms are known to get all Halloween-y but this was pretty different. If you have any thoughts or similar experiences I would love to hear about it. Can we project these things, do they happen in the here and now or hyperspace?

I do believe that I saw this craft though; it was real to me and not a hallucination. Since I began experimentation with these substances in 91, I have always felt that an increase in synchronicity, coincidences, De-ja-vu and the uncanny almost always follow a trip. I have never experienced such a direct intrusion or crumbling of reality while baseline though. From other experiences with triptamines, I am confident that mushrooms can put one into contact with alien intelligence and I have experienced this purely in hyperspace (through the mind) and through lived, felt experience with the phenomenal world(s) but this was always while under the effects of the mushroom, DMT or what have you.

I'm sure that most of you are familiar with The McKenna’s work on mushrooms and UFO's and Rick Strassman's work at UNM in the 90's with DMT. No matter what you believe, all you have to do is try these substances with the correct set & setting and you will receive the evidence needed to understand how such theories of entity contact can hold-up so strongly. Without getting too deep into a McKenna-style rap about how mushrooms came from outer space and contain alien intelligence and how they are responsible for the evolution of language and consciousness among the mammals that ate them, I wonder if taking consistent, low-doses of mushrooms (so that one could function normally) could put one into permanent contact with alien entities, tune-oneself-in or make one open to the communication. That’s what they did at La Chorrera but with constant, huge doses (I think that’s pretty much all they had to eat-a steady diet of mushrooms rich in triptamine...for weeks). I don’t think it turned out to good for Dennis so I am thinking about this low-does idea. Do any of you know of any writers who explicitly explore the link between triptamines (specifically mushrooms and DMT) and UFO's or direct entity contact, besides the McKenna’s and Strassman?

golden-teacher-magic-mushroom.jpg

I see, Zebra or the Logos, that you have come from afar to deliver us the good news. The mushroom certainly can plug you into reality in unexpected ways bringing a certain clarity not found in straight life. These clear moments are destabilizing in many ways, especially in the days that follow as the mind has been given a new template or lens and now all the old interpretations of the architectures of reality no longer suffice. The new mind creates a new flesh - dangerous stuff, perhaps made more dangerous when the group, through experimentation begins to share the effect and begin transmitting and receiving in the mind. Though, solo journeys, and it seems to me what you are describing above is a personal solo journey -- when these invoke a new entity in the visual field, and you're in dialogue with the saucer then emotions can start to play a larger role, making one unhinged as opposed to sharing contact.
puppet.jpg

Now that you've had so much time to digest this incident, why do you think the saucer that came to say hello to you did so in the shape of a b-movie, low budget special effects saucer on a string? Was this about engaging you in a dialogue about the puppet and puppeteer? Do you have a context for why it appeared the way it did? The other part that's very interesting is that it was always "on" so that wherever you looked the slide projection of your mind revealed it to you - have you not had similar loops in other journeys and how would you compare them?

Thanks for making me find and read this bit from Dennis, the oracle: though the whole article is excellent and worth digesting so to speak. Warnings for these ideas might need to be attached, as this kind of experimentation, even as a thought experiment, can have its own unintended consequences:
3004056782_a328d345aa.jpg

The Experiment at La Chorrera

Whether the ideas that seized us over those days were telepathically transmitted by the mushroom, or by a mantis-like entity on the bridge of a starship in geosynchronous orbit above the Amazon (which we considered), or created within our own minds, I'll never know. I do know that our lively discussions led us to speculate about how the phenomenon might be assessed. I should clarify that. By then, the Teacher had suggested the outlines of an experiment to me.
mushroom-lens-cad.jpg

Or I believed so anyway, in my state of hypermania. Wildly stimulated by the concepts at play, I felt I was downloading explicit instructions from the Teacher, the mushroom, or whatever it was, about our next steps. The goal wasn't simply to test the hypothesis but to fabricate an actual object within the alchemical crucible of my body. This thing would be a fusion of mind and matter created by the fourth-dimensional rotation of the metabolizing psilocybin and its exteriorization, or "freezing," into a physical object. Such an object would be the ultimate artifact. It would be the philosopher's stone, or the UFO space-time machine, or the resurrection body — all these things being conceptualizations of the same thing. The Teacher was downloading the blueprints for building a hyper-dimensional vehicle out of the 4-D transformation of my own DNA interlaced with the DNA of a mushroom. But not just blueprints alone. I was also getting step-by-step instructions on how to build this transcendental object.

b5c973bbd5202b2ce51203c64f8de28a.jpg

Trying to manifest the UFO philosopher's stone using the Teacher to merge its processes with one's DNA is something that may only make sense from a hallucinatory perspective. Those archetypal realities get seen pretty quickly in such states, break down, reform and simplify the architectures of reality. It's not for everyone. In another thread we had a friend who was experimenting with ayahuasca to see if she could make contact. I think she ended up finding deeper bonds with herself in the end - no alien entities per se, but a harmony of her own creation.
howard_menger1.jpg

What's your journey about? What do you seek?

Last edited:
Certain psychedelic drugs should help open you're mind to the possibility of a chance at ETE communication, yet the reality of the situation depends on the chance of an alien starship being close-by enough, so you can sense an alien/aliens presence piloting the starship.
This situation should not depend on that a person needs to take psychedelics to have a ETE telepathic or UFO sighting experience happen; yet being under the influence of " shrooms" should make the ETE/UFO sighting experience more profound to the person under the influence of such a drug; as long as you're not having hallucinatory visions of alien starships.

Cheers,

Erno

Burnt State,

Thank you for your thoughtful and provocative reply. I am thinking about your questions and need a bit more time but I can address the loops idea now. But first, I need to know if I understand your usage.

“...so that wherever you looked the slide projection of your mind revealed it to you - have you not had similar loops in other journeys...?

You are definitely onto something here. It did exhibit limited behavior as if it’s movements were confined in time like a very short film loop. The very real plastic quality of the object, it’s weight and dimensions convinced me that we were copresent in time-space. This was a fully formed, fleshed-out, 3-D object that was tapped into my consciousness and knew I was there. It felt continuously knitted to my slightest shift in gaze and this went on for a number of minutes. It inhabited or intruded upon the plain reality of the end of a mushroom trip, but, my new-mind, still highly tuned to or made more sensitive to something.

I am much more familiar with thought-loops or closed/open eye visuals that exhibit recursive self-organizing patterns. With open-eyed visuals I almost always perceive it as an overlay or as if the visual imagery is sort-of being projected onto the actual visual field. It is pretty rare to have the kind of visual hallucination where the hallucinated object actually inhabits the perceived space -time. This has happened to me several times though, but peaking on very high doses of psilocybin, 5-MeO-DMT or 2C-B but within the highly distorted, completely dislodged from time and space, ego dissolving realms of either complete hyperspace or partially integrated, overlaid, onto reality.

“True Hallucinations” Terence McKenna, audiobook

“True Hallucinations” Terence McKenna
http://files.shroomery.org/cms/5982356-TrueHallucinations.pdf

Erno,

This is something I hadn't thought of. I really like this and it makes me wonder about how one is able to sense the presence. What is the mechanism that facilitates this tuning of awareness, besides, in this case, psilocybin?

Zebra or the Logos --- Have you ever had the feeling that someone is staring at you behind you're back --- and you turn around and find that someone was staring at you? That is the kind of mental telepathy that I experienced during my nighttime November foofighter sighting; approx. 40 miles west of Washington D.C. --- that is --- I could sense his lordship's {ETE} presence somewhere {3,000 feet?} right above us. Psilocybin can make you more aware of your surroundings...but you don't need drugs to experience the most profound light show {bluish-white light going around 15,000 mph and an approx. 700 diameter ball of magnetically encased red-orange fusion plasma descending approx. 30 mph, in a perpendicular descent to earth from low-lying cloud cover that I experienced.

Zebra or the Logos --- Have you ever had the feeling that someone is staring at you behind you're back --- and you turn around and find that someone was staring at you? That is the kind of mental telepathy that I experienced during my nighttime November foofighter sighting; approx. 40 miles west of Washington D.C. --- that is --- I could sense his lordship's {ETE} presence somewhere {3,000 feet?} right above us. Psilocybin can make you more aware of your surroundings...but you don't need drugs to experience the most profound light show {bluish-white light going around 15,000 mph and an approx. 700 diameter ball of magnetically encased red-orange fusion plasma descending approx. 30 mph, in a perpendicular descent to earth from low-lying cloud cover that I experienced.
Stunning! Have you written this whole sighting up already in the personal experience thread?

When we get stared at, the hairs rase up on the back of the neo, the amygdala rears up as we sense our vulnerabilities in that moment. How would you describe your sensing of "his lordship"? And why the personifying title for that ball of plasma? Did it maneuver?

“Now that you’ve had so much time to digest this incident, why do you think the saucer that came to say hello to you did so in the shape of a b-movie, low budget special effects saucer on a string?”

I have no idea. Someone, maybe Greg Bishop, said to focus on the most bizarre or absurd aspects of an experience and I think that’s good advice. For me, this is the most absurd or peculiar feature and was somehow even stranger than seeing an unidentified flying object. This is what struck me immediately and continues to fuel my curiosity about this event.

Maybe I should share some of my background on these topics: I have none. I knew absolutely nothing about Ufology and am still truly a novice. Living in NM throughout the 90’s it was ubiquitous. It was all around me all the time and I took it seriously I just never really looked into it. I even started listening to C2C fairly early on (maybe 94) and my friends and I were devoted listeners but it never went further than that.

I guess my point is that I still have little grasp of the taxonomy of experience that most of you are aware of. The use of acronyms on this forum has me at a bit of a disadvantage and I was able to find a reference for Erno86’s use of “ETE” which I think I understand but am still a little fuzzy on. Does this nomenclature come from Vallee? Is it commonly understood and agreed upon by most Ufologists? Is there a guide somewhere that you could point me towards? Anyways, I guess I just figured that if one were to see a UFO that it would be more futuristic, sexy and sleek looking but I think I explained this in my original post. I know that’s a dumb expectation but what was so shocking was that it was straight out of an Ed Wood movie, I mean sooo ridiculous! It even took on a slight black & white, kinda sepia tone surface. It looked so fake and I just stood there in absolute awe as if fragments of films were being projected from my mind out onto the landscape. To be honest, I started looking around and was filled with fear and dread that this was a military or black-ops kind of experiment, as it knew I was there and was tracking my eye movements! I think this may have been my first thought actually, not aliens or psychic projection. I am right between Los Alamos National Lab and Sandia Labs..

Was this about engaging you in a dialogue about the puppet and puppeteer? Do you have a context for why it appeared the way it did?

To address your final question, I had the distinct impression that I was under complete surveillance or as if my mind or consciousness had been hacked. I felt invaded and controlled, I guess, as if some presence had access to my incoming sensory data, thoughts and feelings. I think that in most instances of the uncanny or sublime, one is momentarily stricken with fear and panic. The coordinates of reality crumble so quickly that you just feel out of control, so, yes, there is this aspect or feeling of manipulation or the great potential for such.

I have been thinking of this question, this model of the puppet/puppeteer, and the dialogue that ensued. The dialogue was the back-and-forth or collaboration that I perceived with the entity/craft that I describe in my report. The appearance of the craft at whatever point in space that my gaze happened to fall seemed to mean, immediately, to me that I was somehow part of this, that this was not happening to me but rather that I was doing this or something was doing this through me. But, nevertheless, I was in collaboration with, co-creating and participating in this, in some way, that I did not understand. Moments of the uncanny, sort-of non-paranormal (if that's ever really the case..) more banal moments are very brief, like synchronicities or the aesthetic sublime they are more ephemeral. This was a long and sustained interaction that I still, of course, don't understand but I lean toward the idea that I was still tuned or aligned with some low-level hyperspatial awareness.

Do you see the feelings of being under surveillance to be more due to the unusually delicious psychoactive induced paranoia or an actual unique event specific to this experience?

Back