• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFOs and Bigfoot in Pennsylvania: Ask Stan Gordon:

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Every year mysterious incidents occur in Pennsylvania. 2017 was a very active year for strange phenomena of various kinds. Observations of mysterious objects in the sky were reported in daylight as well as at night. People reported very close range encounters with mini-UFOs. There were numerous reports of strange creatures being seen as well. From sightings of Bigfoot, to giant birds with huge wingspans, and black panthers, many people encountered creatures they couldn’t explain. There were various other oddities reported such as strange howls, to odd footprints, to mystery booms.

Stan Gordon has been researching UFO sightings, Bigfoot encounters, and other mysterious events in Pennsylvania since 1959. Since then, he has been involved with the investigation of thousands of unusual incidents. He is the primary investigator of the 1965 UFO crash incident that occurred near Kecksburg, PA. Stan has been taking calls on UFO sightings and other strange reports from the public since 1969, and he continues to receive unusual reports on a regular basis.

We will be recording this episode on Thursday, February 1st from 1 to 3 PM Arizona time.

1) On a scale of 1 to 10 how likely do you think it is that bigfoot exists?

2) If you think it’s likely that bigfoot exists, then, aside from the evidential problem that precludes many people from accepting its existence, do you think that there’s a psychological barrier to accepting it? Perhaps the idea of another bipedal, highly intelligent and roughly human-like creature somehow upsets human identity. What do you think?

3) There are an unprecedented number of recorded first-hand encounters with bigfoot. Every week a variety of bigfoot related podcasts feature first-hand testimony from alleged eyewitnesses. The social penalty for reporting these experiences is probably diminishing over time. Do you have any sense of the timeline we might be on for general public acceptance of the existence of these creatures?

4) Have you ever had any reports from academics or scientists who were previously skeptical of the phenomenon they encountered, but out of fear for their reputations refuse to go public with their experience? If so, could you detail a case or two that you’re familiar with?

5) What do you think of dogman? How do we assess the weight of personal testimony of dogmen in light of theoretical objections like absence of archeological evidence or presumed insufficient ecological support for such a large and hyper-carnivorous predator? Many alleged sightings of dogmen are in daylight at close to medium ranges. Is it possible that all such reports are misidentifications or hoaxes?

6) Any familiarity with bigfoot enthusiasts reveals the depressing fact that worthless photographic evidence is routinely cited as exciting proof of bigfoot’s existence. (Do bigfoot look blurry to each other?) Pareidolia runs rampant. How do you account for this in your research?

Thank you Gene and Chris!

-Eric

Dear Gene and Chris, please ask Mr Gordon to speak about if there are connections between the local legends and what is seen today.

Also does he think there is something unusual about the area, that maybe connected to, but might not necessarily be responsible for the high number of extraordinary happenings?

Like a watering hole for strange creatures or something?

Thank you
Best wishes

Les Stroud has recently been examining the possibility that Bigfoot can communicate with us telepathically.How widespread is this theory in your experience and is infrasound another aspect worth considering?.Thank you.

I've got my Walther 9mm and AR-15 on standby in case BF decides to cross the Delaware River and head my way into N.J. ;)

I would advise against using pea shooters against paranormal entities, I don't think even a naval gun could take out a real bigfoot.

There might be an Achilles' heal type of weapon, like a wooden steak for vampires or a silver bullet for werewolves, but I have never heard of bigfoot's Kryptonite.

Think the show is in the 'can' now (already recorded) but if anyone knows of such a 'anti-Bigfoot' weapon I would love to hear about it.

I would advise against using pea shooters against paranormal entities, I don't think even a naval gun could take out a real bigfoot.

There might be an Achilles' heal type of weapon, like a wooden steak for vampires or a silver bullet for werewolves, but I have never heard of bigfoot's Kryptonite.

Think the show is in the 'can' now (already recorded) but if anyone knows of such a 'anti-Bigfoot' weapon I would love to hear about it.

Mrs Bigfoot is Bigfoots Kryptonite!,have you heard the grief she gives him in the Sierra sounds audio! :=)

He's too big for those. I'd recommend a .45-70 or 12ga slug.

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”:)

Way too small, why not try an M-388 round instead?

DavyCrockettBomb.jpg

The M-28 or M-29 Davy Crockett Weapon System was the tactical nuclear recoilless gun (smoothbore) for firing the M-388 nuclear projectile

Davy Crockett (nuclear device) - Wikipedia

Still don't think it would harm a Bigfoot though.

Seriously, if I were skulking the woods of PA I'd absolutely have a couple of cans of pepper spray and some sort of anti-bear weapon with me. A whole lot mountainous, brushy terrain and there's b'ars in them hills.
Not too worried about Sasquatch because if I saw something like that I'd probably freeze or have a massive heart attack or both. I am a fan of large caliber short range hardware. Maybe something in a .454 Casull for the belt - and suspenders. I used to lug a .45 Winchester Magnum 1911 auto pistol deer hunting - never got one with it though. Short carbine or shotgun with sling to tote. I can tell you they get awfully heavy after a while. I would've asked Stan about that but it's too late.

Oh - and a large capacity flask for medicinal purposes......

I figured that if I survived 12 years in Washington State (while all the while going camping, snowboarding, shooting, cabins in the woods, etc.) and 7 years in Oregon & haven't been attacked by a bigfoot, that I should be pretty safe here in NJ - only 45 mins from the PA border.

Les Stroud has recently been examining the possibility that Bigfoot can communicate with us telepathically.How widespread is this theory in your experience and is infrasound another aspect worth considering?.Thank you.

I had a friend tell me that he was hiking with his kids a few years ago in a nearby park and he saw Survivorman filming as if he were in the wilderness yet was really a short distance off a carriage trail filled with tourists. Can't confirm that but have no reason to disbelieve it.

I saw an episode in which he claimed to have taken a picture with a Sasquatch face in it, and was oohing and ahhhing over a collection of bent up trees. I saw trees like on my own property as a result a wicked ice storm. I think he's paying off his mortgage or boat

Last edited:
Do you remember in like around 2008 that they announced they have a captured (dead) bigfoot? It was on all the news channels & online. They had it in a block of ice. They had a big press conference and everything. Then once the ice melted it was made clear that it was a monkey suit. Wth?

Do you remember in like around 2008 that they announced they have a captured (dead) bigfoot? It was on all the news channels & online. They had it in a block of ice. They had a big press conference and everything. Then once the ice melted it was made clear that it was a monkey suit. Wth?

Yup. One of the nitwits was a sheriff's deputy - up until he pulled this stunt. At the time they said the only reporter they would allow access to the body was Megyn Kelly. I'll ask for Robin Meade when I catch one.

I had a friend tell me that he was hiking with his kids a few years ago in a nearby park and he saw Survivorman filming as if he were in the wilderness yet was really a short distance off a carriage trail filled with tourists. Can't confirm that but have no reason to disbelieve it.

I saw an episode in which he claimed to have taken a picture with a Sasquatch face in it, and was oohing and ahhhing over a collection of bent up trees. I saw trees like on my own property as a result a wicked ice storm. I think he's paying off his mortgage or boat

You could be right.He has has gone out "squatching" with Todd Standing who in my opinion is an obvious hoaxer.

Back